Beye today...

Willow

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/nufc/2008/04/07/beye-hails-kk-factor-and-plans-a-better-future-72703-20730077/

Beye hails KK factor and plans a better future

Apr 7 2008 by Lee Ryder, Evening Chronicle

NEWCASTLE United man-of-the-moment Habib Beye today revealed how Kevin Keegan’s knowledge of the club has helped lift them from the foot of the table to mid-table safety.

The Senegal international has benefited from KK’s enthusiastic approach to the game, and was the architect of two of Newcastle’s goals in the 3-0 over Reading.

And Keegan even interrupted Beye’s post-match interview to tell the Press pack just how good he felt his full-back was.

And the elated former Marseille captain returned the compliment when he said: “Kevin Keegan is only focusing on doing good things for the club.

“In turn, the players want to do something good for him.

“When he speaks, you listen to everything he has to say.”

Beye set up both Michael Owen and Mark Viduka as Reading were swept aside.

He added: “It was a good performance from the team – this is the third win in a row.

“Nine points is perfect for us.

“We needed to save the club from relegation and stay in the Premier League, and those points have almost helped to do that.

“It’s not just for this season – these wins are helping us build for next season.

“To keep a clean sheet was very important for the defence and everyone at the club.

“We’re also getting a lot of goals – in the last four games we have 10.

“It was just perfect, and the manager was happy with us all.

“But we want to win all of our last five games.

“That would be something very positive for next season.”

United’s 4-3-3 formation has had the Toon Army purring in recent weeks, and defender Beye says there are plenty of attacking options for the team.

He said: “It’s magnificent with the players we have. Mark Viduka keeps the ball very well and it’s the same with Michael Owen.

“And Oba Martins is electrifying.

“They all scored, so that does great things for confidence.

“The plan worked very well and we played 4-3-3.

“This is the best system for the team.

“But we must continue to do what we have been doing for the final five games of the season.”

Guest Phil K

Superb.

One of the best signings in a LOOOOOOOOONG time.

Someone said best since Shearer.

I wouldn't argue with that, even.

Stephen Carr.  Anyone remember him?

Do we have to ?

All our s*** managers seem to leave us at least one really good player.

Dalglish - Speed, Given, Solano

Gullit - Dyer (At the time)

Souness - Owen

Roeder - Martins

Allardyce - Beye

added faye... also on sam ... + probably enrique

Guest BooBoo

If the players were involved in some sort of vague Royal Rumble style scrap, my money would be on Beye. He's built like a tank.

If the players were involved in some sort of vague Royal Rumble style scrap, my money would be on Beye. He's built like a tank.

Beye and Feye would make an awesome tag team with the prospect of a catchy rhyming moniker.

Beye and Feye would make an awesome tag team with the prospect of a catchy rhyming moniker.

Senagore.

Diatta hardly looks a shrinking violet.

Guest marsai

Beye was a true leader back in Marseille. Not only that, but as far as i've watched Marseille (i catch them at least once in 2 weeks), he was always

one of the best performers both in quality and determination. He, along with a few more names (Cana, Nasri, Niang) was a backbone of the Marseille squad ever since he'd established himself as a starter. It's little to say i was disappointed when they sold him, as i feel it was a rash and above all dumb move by the Marseille board.

He was a leader, a preformer, the fullback in France. You've yet to see the best of him, trust me.

Guest teepee

a good thing about beyes age is that we actually have a chance of keeping him here to help rebuild our squad.

if enrique had been putting in those performances as consistently he'd now already be linked to every club in london and spain

Souness - Owen

Roeder - Martins

Allardyce - Beye

SBR - Robert, Bellamy, N'Zogbia

Souness - Owen

Roeder - Martins

Allardyce - Beye

He wasn't a shit manager.

He's been the real outstanding player all season, this performance has been the icing on his cake.

Just hope he stays fit personally, because there are no doubts over his motivation and ability.

Guest Mixon

Souness - Owen

Roeder - Martins

Allardyce - Beye

Sir Bobby was not a s*** manager though...