Remind me what you said lads?

Wullie

Guest float one in

Could be wrong, but I can't remember a single instance where KK has brought the game into disrepute. I know he got sent off for punching Bremner in a Charity Shield match, after Bremner had been kicking lumps out of him, but that seems to be the only blot on his record from what I can remember.

Forgetting about the miracles Keegan has achieved for us and just thinking about him as a man, he's carried himself impeccably. Alright he got carried away that time on Sky in 96, but he was just doing what most of us would have loved to have done at the time, and he didn't do it in the  calculated or sneaky manner of Taggart's mind games. He's a credit to himself (and to us). How these scumbags can therefore write this stuff and then slaver on about Taggart, Wenger and Mourinho who have all, in varying measures, displayed arrogance, contempt for fellow professionals, sullen huffy behaviour, intimidation of officials, lack of grace in victory, tells you everything you need to know about the kind of people they are. Kev is back with us, and he's bringing he good times back whether the southern lowlives like it or not.

What remains the great mystery for me is why they have written articles that seem filled with so much derogatory text.

Fair enough, they may want to comment on the fact that to bring Kevin Keegan back may not have been a very good decision but its the way they word it - using phrases like "Disaster-in-Waiting", "Disaster-Movie", "Laughing-Stock" - that I cant get my head around. These are comments that you would expect to be made by petty opposition fans, not supposed award winning-journalists.

Probably biased I know, but Kevin Keegan has always seemed very media friendly and not the type of character that would make enemies that would have resulted in this kind of vitriol.

KK mst be applauded for not having risen to it and for maintaining his usual level of class throughout it all.

I dread to think of what kind of articles were written by the people that didnt win these supposed awards won by Samuels.

Back when KK was appointed I remember listening to the ramblings of assorted journalistic wizards on Sky's Soccer Supplement thingy on Sunday morning.  I was amazed that they really did seem to hate him. 

Anyway, the clown buffoon leader of the journos (I forget his name) went on to explain how they formed their rather negative opinions of our manager during his time as England manager.  The explanation was that he started off being typical KK, and must have given the press a lot of time...but towards the end of his reign he was snubbing certain journos (presumably coz of the crap they write).  That appears to have pissed them off hugely, and the bad feeling seems to have persisted through to this day.

Guest Knightrider

What I find staggering is that many of those so called reporters were basically writing KK off after a few games, some even demanding he gets sacked or resigns while incredibly some were even writing he's failed already. Words fail me. I'm actually embarrassed for them.  :lol:

What I find staggering is that many of those so called reporters were basically writing KK off after a few games

After stating Allardyce getting seven months was way way too short as well.

Bunch of penis-heads.

Guest fraser

There was a time when the editor could have got out. When, with no loss of face personally or professionally, he could have turned away from the disaster-in-waiting that was Martin Samuel’s career as a Times journalist and wiped his brow in the manner of one who has just picked the bullet with his name on it out of the wall, having bent down at precisely the right second to tie his shoelaces.

The moment would have come during that first meeting, when the conversation turned to Samuel’s recent journalistic activities. Samuel would have admitted, as he had previously to several newspaper editors, that he had not written a top-flight article in his entire career and that he only bothered to write about sports because he couldn’t really understand complicated things like politics or science.

On hearing those words, even a novice such as the current Times editor would have concluded that this was a man who had no understanding of football sufficiently to warrant employment. He could have thanked Samuels for his time, said that he would be in touch and, quietly, let the matter drop.

There is something vaguely ludicrous in the same man looking Samuel in the eyes and pleading to be given an article that is not fantastically inaccurate or devoid of any insight. The bottom line is that the column is in the hands of a journalist who has taken a freshly serious interest in football for little reason than journalistic opposition of any renown or ability is thin on the ground and he might make a living from it. And, sadly, it looks like it.

Samuel has not brought new ideas or impetus to the column because he’s shite. And so on, and so on, ad infinitum

Guest nufc222

Very good.

Even reads more fluently then Samuel's joke article.

Surprised the fat bastard can grip a pen without it slipping out of his sweaty paws.

Have a haircut, have a wash and please most importantly have a shit load of arsenic. 

Guest Brendan_Rice

Nice post Wullie.  I will enjoy reading it again this time next season when we are fighting it out for a European place.

Lets not forget this one:

"The man is a total clown and way out of his depth. when we get relegated it will al be down to him, not big sam because guaranteed we would have picked up more points under him than Keegan in the last 10 games.It was an utter joke appointing him in the first place and a monumental f*** up waiting to happen. all of us who forecast this when he was appointed it is all coming to fruition. The first time he was here it was his tactical ineptness which cost us winning the league now its his total ineptness and unawareness which will eventually relegate us

Keegan do the honorable thing and f*** OFF back to your circus you totally clueless piece of s***"

http://www.newcastle-online.com/nufcforum/index.php?topic=50747.msg1234892#msg1234892

apt, maybe they should play this over the PA.

Can you hear them talking about us

Telling lies, is that a surprise

Can you see them, see right through them

They have no shield, nothing must be revealed

It doesn't matter what they say, no one listens anyway

Our lips are sealed

There's a weapon that we can use in our defense silence

Well just look at them, look right through them

That's when they disappear, that's when we lose the fear

It doesn't matter what they say, in the jealous games people play

Our lips are sealed

It doesn't matter what they say, no one's listening anyway

Our lips are sealed

Hush, my darling, don't you cry

Guardian angel, forget their lies

Telling lies, well that�s no surprise

It doesn't matter what they say in the jealous games people play

Our lips are sealed

Pay no mind to what they say, it doesn't matter anyway

Our lips are sealed

Our lips are sealed

Our lips are sealed

Did anyone else read Neil Farrington climbdown regarding his rant about Rob Beasley? Poor Neil dropped a clanger.

Do you have a link to this?

Yes I do:

http://www.sundaysun.co.uk/news/columnists/neil-farrington/2008/04/06/happy-to-put-record-straight-79310-20724519/

For anyone remotely interested the orginal article is at:

http://www.sundaysun.co.uk/news/columnists/2008/03/30/no-laughing-matter-79310-20692018/

Did anyone else read Neil Farrington climbdown regarding his rant about Rob Beasley? Poor Neil dropped a clanger.

Do you have a link to this?

Yes I do:

http://www.sundaysun.co.uk/news/columnists/neil-farrington/2008/04/06/happy-to-put-record-straight-79310-20724519/

For anyone remotely interested the orginal article is at:

http://www.sundaysun.co.uk/news/columnists/2008/03/30/no-laughing-matter-79310-20692018/

cheers mate.  there's a certain irony about Sunday papers persuing people for printing untruths

clears up the ashley interview once and for all.

but i'd defend farrington for making a mistake in the heat of the moment over the hacks in the national media who deliberately try to cause chaos by undermining the club, knowing that such stories sell newspapers.

but i'd defend farrington for making a mistake in the heat of the moment over the hacks in the national media who deliberately try to cause chaos by undermining the club, knowing that such stories sell newspapers.

which interview was that ?

which interview was that ?

the one in hong kong 'i want my teams to be admired to takign the game to spurs' etc etc

i think.

Guest toonstriker

apt, maybe they should play this over the PA.

Telling lies, is that a surprise

It doesn't matter what they say, no one listens anyway

Our lips are sealed

There's a weapon that we can use in our defense silence

Well just look at them, look right through them

That's when they disappear, that's when we lose the fear

It doesn't matter what they say, in the jealous games people play

Our lips are sealed

It doesn't matter what they say, no one's listening anyway

Our lips are sealed

Hush, my darling, don't you cry

Guardian angel, forget their lies

Telling lies, well that�s no surprise

It doesn't matter what they say in the jealous games people play

Our lips are sealed

Pay no mind to what they say, it doesn't matter anyway

Our lips are sealed

Our lips are sealed

Our lips are sealed

Or maybe...Stereophonics - Mr Writer

You've just enough, in my own view

Education to perform

I'd like to shoot you all

And then you go home

With you on your own

What do you really know?

Mr Writer, why don't you tell it like it is?

Why don't you tell it like it really is?

Before you go on home

:coolsmiley: