Portsmouth v Newcastle - April Sat 12 @ 17:15

Skirge

Same again please lads, picking the starting 11 is not a challenge anymore is it :lol:

------------------Harper

Beye-----Taylor---------Faye--------Enrique

------Geremi------Butt----------Barton

------Owen-------Viduka--------Martins

Looks like it might still be for you though Skirge, as you've made an absolute pigs ear of our formation there!

Owen in behind Viduka and Martins is how we lineup.

Get it sorted!

:coolsmiley:

Actually that's not how we line up. The way Skirge had it was correct.

The difference is that out of the three Owen drops deep and dictates the play, TBH i'm just nit picking.

Guest guinness_fiend

What a change 3 wins on the trot makes to this forum :razz:

I think we're underestimating them a bit. They are in the finals of the FA Cup and are still in 6th place in the Premiership, so they're no pushovers. And they won't be like Spurs and play players in new (read: unusual) positions therefore this will be a tougher game. The Spurs comparison also isn't that apt not only because of the aforementioned reason but because Pompey have been much better and more consistent this season than Spurs. I'm scared of the thought of Muntari zooming past our slow midfield trio and having a shot from range. It'll be a good game anyway but a point would be stellar.

My thoughts exactly.  Whilst we should always play to win, I would personally be happy if we escaped with only two points dropped.  You do not get to the final of the FA Cup and sixth in the Premiership (behind the esteemed company of Manchester United, Chelsea, Arsenal etc) without being a more-than-capable team.

Harper

Beye        Faye        Taylor      Enrique

Butt

Geremi            Barton

Owen        Viduka          Martins

On the one hand i can't see us not scoring but i also imagine they will. Pompey are a side that don't mind sitting back so imagine we can get on the ball often enough but they will be tough to break down.

1-1 Defoe, Barton pen

Guest Darth Toon

Just looking at the table, Pompey have won more away than home this season, and if you ignore the 7 they put past Reading don't score too many either - didn't they go about 2 months without a home goal earlier in the season?

They looked gash for long periods against West Brom too, got passed off the park, and if WBA had a couple of forwards as good as ours they would have beaten them easily I reckon.

Would be happy enough with a draw, but really fancy a win if we get at them.

Guest Phil K

What a change 3 wins on the trot makes to this forum :razz:

As I said before there - Skirge has it bang on - "Vive Le Revolution"

Don't knock it.

Got a very good chance of winning, given the circumstances at present. We need to shackle Defoe though.

It's a set of circumstances about as conducive to us getting a result as we could have hoped, will still be a very tough game mind. Could see any one of the three results occuring here.

I can't work out whether those who have voted we won't get relegated are wearing black and white glasses or are just plain stupid.

We need a minimum of 8 more points to possibly survive and I cannot see us getting those points even from the Mackems and Reading.  Our goose is well and truly cooked.

We can't defend, we can't score, we can't win, home or away. We are in a right mess and it will be very very close. I'm not confident at all.

Were going down, the club deserves it tbf, bunch of useless wankers, overpaid twats.

KK is out of his depth.

Just be ready for it, because its coming now.  We aren't getting out of this slump.