Ronaldinho - off to AC Milan

STM

Jesus, I wish we cared about this sport here. 12.6 million a year for Ronaldinho? The Knicks are filled to the brim with assholes I wouldn't recognize on the street making more than that.

Guest guinness_fiend

Jesus, I wish we cared about this sport here. 12.6 million a year for Ronaldinho? The Knicks are filled to the brim with assholes I wouldn't recognize on the street making more than that.

Yep, but the advertising revenue made in football doesn't compare with American sports proper.  Due to the multiple slots that are available during time outs etc. sports like basketball and american football generate huge sums of money.

People think that TV revenue in football is huge, but it pales in comparison to US sports.  It is just individual sponsorship and merchandising where football wins (bar LeBron James), as football is broadcast to a wider audience. 

(just think of how commercially-driven the Superbowl is - it's pretty much a part-concert, part-ball game advertising free-for-all!)

Wonder if there manager stays or Mourinho takes over

Probably not, if Shevchenko's going back.

But let's hope so. We already know Mourinho doesn't like Sheva, and I can't see him being overly impressed by Ronaldinho, either.

todays times reckon sven is getting sacked at the end of the season anyway, so how close he was to signing for citeh we'll never know.

having said that, i've never known that balague guy be right yet

todays times reckon sven is getting sacked at the end of the season anyway, so how close he was to signing for citeh we'll never know.

having said that, i've never known that balague guy be right yet

He said that we would sign Owen and i think he broke the Luque one too.