Talks: Summer transfer forum proposal - from page 7

Dave
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The thing that annoys me most to be honest is the moaning about the posting of shit. Especially when some of the moaners are prolific transfer mongers themselves. Anything that would reduce the moaning for me is good, as i find transfer season entertaining. The more outlandish the better.

No.

Simply because there is nothing really else going on in the summer.

Transfers take over, there's nothing wrong with that imo, just as games take priority on the day, so what? Its part and parcel of a season and should be part of the main footie forum imo.

Make this man president!

Absolutely agree 100%

Prefer to have one thread per player than one massive rumours thread as it can be hard to keep up with whats going on, be that in here or a transfer forum i'm not arsed

Much like the Modric thread?

I prefer it like that too. (As long as you put latest developments in the title eg: Player X linked (Various) or Player X in talks.)

Prefer to have one thread per player than one massive rumours thread as it can be hard to keep up with whats going on, be that in here or a transfer forum i'm not arsed

Much like the Modric thread?

I prefer it like that too. (As long as you put latest developments in the title eg: Player X linked (Various) or Player X in talks.)

Yeah thats exactly what i was on about, don't necessarily need a new forum just need to keep the original one tidy.

Does it matter much? It's only one click away.

I voted yes, btw, and I did so because there'll still be plenty of stuff to discuss in the footie section (Euros for example) and the transfers and rumours will only get crazier; the season hasn't ended, we still have 3 more games to go and it's already crazy!

I hope the result of the poll won't stand as from the comments it's clear that it's only people too quiet to voice an opinion on something who want it.

This.

Also: http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=923

This mod adds a filter by message icons to specific boards. Just look at the screenshots, it's really quite simple.

feature list:

- the filter dialogue may be collapsed

- multiple filters can be selected at once by holding down SHIFT while clicking

- stickies are always shown

- option to allow use of board-specific message icons in the first post of a thread only, and fall back to default ones (ie, those for all boards) for replies

This is a great alternative if you have seperate but similar content, but not enough overall to warrant several subforums.

There isn't much point in a poll if it is ignored because the "yes" voters didn't want to post why.

Will be worse than the last poll we had on this where there was two slightly different "yes" options which together were more than the "no" votes but "no" won because the votes were viewed all seperately :lol:

I just can't understand what the huge opposition is.  You have to make one additional click, if you're too lazy then don't read the forum.  I like it because it keeps things separated and I'd rather have two more static boards than one that is hard to keep up with, changing all the time, and has hundreds of active topics.

The problem with the transfer window is people post anything just to keep a thread going, just from following the Modric thread over the last few days people post "anymore news yet?" just because there hasn't been a post in 20 minutes, with a transfer forum there could be a separate thread for every player linked and people can discuss it more in depth than they could in the transfer rumour thread which is just a cluster of players linked and players people would like to sign.

As someone has said it's only a click away and it can keep this forum where everything else can be discussed better.

• 3 weeks later...

The problem with the transfer window is people post anything just to keep a thread going, just from following the Modric thread over the last few days people post "anymore news yet?" just because there hasn't been a post in 20 minutes, with a transfer forum there could be a separate thread for every player linked and people can discuss it more in depth than they could in the transfer rumour thread which is just a cluster of players linked and players people would like to sign.

As someone has said it's only a click away and it can keep this forum where everything else can be discussed better.

I agree Baggio. Think the board would run more smoothly with one tbh.