Real Madrid apparently make £100 million bid for Ronaldo

Decky

I would sell him, the chances of him having a season like this one in the future are uncertain. In purely football terms.

But this seems, if true something of a power play by Madrid, attempting to re-establish themselves as the biggest club in the world. As mentioned the £100 million would mean much more than the signing of one player. It would be symbol of their dominance. Just as Zidance, Beckham, Ronaldo et al were in the past.

It's undoubtedly bullshit though, just another in a long line of hugely exaggerated estimates of the value of Cristiano Ronaldo (I still think the Ronaldo when hear that name alone).

no reason to sell. they dont need to money and they wont get a better replacement.

I disagree, the money is always useful.

No player is worth £100m, not even Ronaldo. One bad tackle and it could be curtains.

Spending a further £50m on the youth set up and recruitment and using the other £50m on a giant piss up would produce just as much, if not more, sucess than Ronaldo alone can potentially generate.

thats why clubs take out insurance on their players.

Forget footballing reasons.  It's the Glaziers that will ultimately make the decision and that will be based purely on finance.

Forget footballing reasons.  It's the Glaziers that will ultimately make the decision and that will be based purely on finance.

Someone should smash their windows if they sell.

They'd be signing there death certificates if they were to sell for business reasons. Suicidal move.

They'd be signing there death certificates if they were to sell for business reasons. Suicidal move.

'Glaziers' man ;)

'Glaziers' man ;)

:doh:

:laugh:

Jesus Real must have an enormous budget if they can afford to pay that kind of money. But still a mere pittance compared to our budget next season.   :lol: :lol:

Aye. Maybe we should offer £100,000,001 ??

Guest DazzaNufc1892

said to everyone on here 3 months ago that this had happened, but it was actually £80mil and the bid was accepted and terms discussed, i got laughed at, but it is true

said to everyone on here 3 months ago that this had happened, but it was actually £80mil and the bid was accepted and terms discussed, i got laughed at, but it is true

[YAWN SMILEY]

Guest Toepoke

I'd ait three years for him to start tailing of a little then sell him much like what they did with Beckham.

They'd be soft to sell him. They don't need the money, and they certainly don't need to rebuild their squad. I'd rather have Kaka, but he plays where Rooney plays...

You can still only pick 11 men, so who would you rather have than C. Ronaldo?

God I hope they accept.

So this is a none-story then, seeing that it's all agreed.

You did however say he was moving in January. What went wrong?

Guest Knightrider

Worth every penny, but they'd be mad to sell even at that price. They don't need the money and they aren't going to find another Ronaldo, while he'd be mad to leave too, he can win it all at Man Utd.