Newcastle v Sunderland - Pre-Match Thread

Beren

Guest sombrero

Quote from nufc.com!

Kevin Keegan will look to extend his side's unbeaten run to six games when Royston Keane brings his Labrador-lover's XI to civilisation on Sunday at 1.30pm.

The 139th Tyne-wear derby is live on Sky Sports

A victory for common sense would see us register our 51st success, while a stalemate would be the 46th such result.

43 travesties of justice have taken place so far, while we've bulged their net 208 times and been the victim of atrocious refereeing decisions etc. on 205 occasions. 

Since we lost at SJP in November 2000, we've won five and drawn the other three of these fixtures.

And for the Newcastle boss it's a chance to extend his 100% record against the old enemy to five games, having steered his side to four previous victories as follows:

29.03.92 won 1-0 (h)

18.10.92 won 2-1 (a)

25.04.93 won 1-0 (h)

04.09.96 won 2-1 (a)

NUFC: To follow...Carr and Milner will be there or thereabouts - although KK has stated that we're likely to be unchanged from the team that started at Portsmouth.

Shay Given's season however is confirmed as being over, while Emre and Cacapa are still sidelined.

safc: assorted gypsies, tramps and thieves may or may not be available to feature in this one.

funniest shit ever ;D O0 :clap: :celb: :clap2:

Quote from nufc.com!

Kevin Keegan will look to extend his side's unbeaten run to six games when Royston Keane brings his Labrador-lover's XI to civilisation on Sunday at 1.30pm.

The 139th Tyne-wear derby is live on Sky Sports

A victory for common sense would see us register our 51st success, while a stalemate would be the 46th such result.

43 travesties of justice have taken place so far, while we've bulged their net 208 times and been the victim of atrocious refereeing decisions etc. on 205 occasions. 

Since we lost at SJP in November 2000, we've won five and drawn the other three of these fixtures.

And for the Newcastle boss it's a chance to extend his 100% record against the old enemy to five games, having steered his side to four previous victories as follows:

29.03.92 won 1-0 (h)

18.10.92 won 2-1 (a)

25.04.93 won 1-0 (h)

04.09.96 won 2-1 (a)

NUFC: To follow...Carr and Milner will be there or thereabouts - although KK has stated that we're likely to be unchanged from the team that started at Portsmouth.

Shay Given's season however is confirmed as being over, while Emre and Cacapa are still sidelined.

safc: assorted gypsies, tramps and thieves will feature in this one.

funniest shit ever ;D O0 :clap: :celb: :clap2:

Guest exilim

The worrying thing about our line up is that all epl teams will know our first 11 and how it will be fielded. Easier to defend against uh.

The worrying thing about our line up is that all epl teams will know our first 11 and how it will be fielded. Easier to defend against uh.

We know what side Man Utd are going to turn out and we can't do much about that. Not alot of a game is decided by the suprise factor.

Martins, Owen and Viduka are very hard to defend against.

It would if they could understand how to defend against it which will take until the summer I reckon.  You have to change you system quite drastically if you purely go out with the job of stopping us scoring.

I think the best way is to play 532 against us which no-one does.  Pack the midfield and have enough defenders to cope with the three strikers and the runs of the full backs ( who would be tracked by wing backs).  You really need one of your cb's to go man to man on Owen and another cb who can keep up with the pace and strength of Oba rendering Dukes hold up play useless but you still have the threat of him around the box with his quick turning shots.

Good point. In fact, I'm surprised all matches don't finish nil-nil.

I feel sorry for the guy who came up with "he walks his dog Keano". How pathetic must he feel now.

I'm expecting the whole ground to get involved with that one on sunday.

My mate wants to get tshirts printed with those iron-on things.  Black shirts with just "Any Any Any O'Brien" written on the front.

Dunno whether to bother...

can someone fill me in on the words to this song please? i've never known them properly

My mate wants to get tshirts printed with those iron-on things.  Black shirts with just "Any Any Any O'Brien" written on the front.

Dunno whether to bother...

can someone fill me in on the words to this song please? i've never known them properly

Liam O'Brien, Andy O'Brien, any any any O'Brien, who put the ball in the mackems net?  O'Brien O'Brien, Liam O'Brien, Andy O'Brien etc etc

isn't it?

I see Sunderland's midfield destroyer Etuhu's out for the rest of the season.

Not sure who will mark Owen now, Dwight Yorke maybe?

Leadbitter I'd imagine?

It's a shame we don't have a local "gritty" midfielder, or looking at Leadbitter and Cattermole a local "thug" in the centre of the park.

I see Sunderland's midfield destroyer Etuhu's out for the rest of the season.

Not sure who will mark Owen now, Dwight Yorke maybe?

Leadbitter I'd imagine?

Good shout for first booking Leadbitter, dirty little mackem cunt that he is