Worst NUFC manager in last 15 years

James
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Suprised Dalglish didnt get more votes. Watching some of the games he was in charge for made me want to poke my eyes out.  Barca game I know was great but watching the Keegan team be dismantled was so depressing.

Souness:  what did he leave the club/his successor to work with?  It's been two years, still recovering from his handiwork. 

At least Allardyce brought in some promising talent for Keegan to work with (Beye, Faye, Enrique, even Barton & Viduka are fitting in well).  Who did Souness buy that has been a positive for NUFC?  Please consider that about 5 weeks ago, Souness publicly denied any responsibility for Owen's arrival at the club.  Who's left? 

You could argue though that it is none of Allardyce's signings that eventually rescued us from relegation, and that it took the removal of Allardyce's 'star signing' from the first XI to start getting results. In fact, Allardyce sold the two players that kept us away from the relegation scrap the season before.

Souness failed, no doubt about it, but at least he had a couple of valid excuses, and at least there were a few interspersed positive moments.

Did he fuck. And I voted for Souness, because he destroyed us.

Souness:  what did he leave the club/his successor to work with?  It's been two years, still recovering from his handiwork. 

At least Allardyce brought in some promising talent for Keegan to work with (Beye, Faye, Enrique, even Barton & Viduka are fitting in well).  Who did Souness buy that has been a positive for NUFC?  Please consider that about 5 weeks ago, Souness publicly denied any responsibility for Owen's arrival at the club.  Who's left? 

You could argue though that it is none of Allardyce's signings that eventually rescued us from relegation, and that it took the removal of Allardyce's 'star signing' from the first XI to start getting results. In fact, Allardyce sold the two players that kept us away from the relegation scrap the season before.

Souness failed, no doubt about it, but at least he had a couple of valid excuses, and at least there were a few interspersed positive moments.

Solano and Dyer?

Solano and Dyer?

Oba and Milner kept us away from the relegation scrap far more than either of those two did. Solano played predominantly as a right back, and Dyer predominantly didn't play.

Solano and Dyer?

Oba and Milner kept us away from the relegation scrap far more than either of those two did. Solano played predominantly as a right back, and Dyer predominantly didn't play.

I think you'll find if you look that when Dyer did play, he got the goals and key contributions and we got the results that inevitably kept us away from relegation.

Guest Geordiesned

Souness.

He inherited a quality side, told us he had inhertited a quality side and proceeded to dismantle it and replace class with utter shite.

Solano and Dyer?

I think you'll find if you look that when Dyer did play, he got the goals and key contributions and we got the results that inevitably kept us away from relegation.

No-where near as important a contribution as our two best players that season, Factamundo  :pow:

As for Solano being one of the two players who kept us away from the relly zone  :nope:

Am i reading this right? There are 26 people who would rather we had Souness over Allardyce if the the job became availabe for those 2 again?

:crazy2:

That isn't really what the poll means.

Am i reading this right? There are 26 people who would rather we had Souness over Allardyce if the the job became availabe for those 2 again?

:crazy2:

That isn't really what the poll means.

technically speaking he is correct in his analysis of the figures, tho this isnt the question, you can arrive at his sumation from the votes

glad to see Souness running away with this, the bloke is a joke.....Ruined Liverpool and then us.  It takes a "proper" manager to take a squad of players that had finished the previous 3 seasons 4th,3rd and 5th and take them into the bottom half!!!  After spending £50m, you'd think it would be impossible!

Also oversaw 2 of his players fight on the pitch and the less said about transfers like boumsong, babayaro luque etc the better!!

Can also see why Dalglish would feature, while Souness undone all SBR's hard work, Kenny dismantled KK's entertainers!!  Only thing that saves Dalglish is he left us Given, Nobby and Speed, 3 players that would probably be in most people's team of the last 15 yrs!!

Dalglish and Souness are both accused of dismantling the previous managers' teams.  I think the difference is that if he was given time, Dalglish would have assembled his own team that would have had some success.  Souness would just have got us relegated.

It's really down to Souness and Fat Sam, but I had to go with Souness. He destroyed a decent team. Allardyce just made a poor team worse.

Frankly, though, I'm baffled that anybody would pick anyone but those two, though I'm relieved that nobody picked Sir Bobby. If someone had, my head might have exploded.  :yikes:

Dalglish and Souness are both accused of dismantling the previous managers' teams.  I think the difference is that if he was given time, Dalglish would have assembled his own team that would have had some success.  Souness would just have got us relegated.

see the thread about what goal could you change etc.

Aside of Keegan and 1996, if we had won the 1998 Cup Final, there's no doubt that Dalglish would have lasted longer and put together his own idea of a team, which would probably have been a lot better than what he handed over to Gullit.

He was also very unlucky that Shearer was injured, as has also been mentioned. Tomasson had it in him to have done much better.

see the thread about what goal could you change etc.

Aside of Keegan and 1996, if we had won the 1998 Cup Final, there's no doubt that Dalglish would have lasted longer and put together his own idea of a team, which would probably have been a lot better than what he handed over to Gullit.

He was also very unlucky that Shearer was injured, as has also been mentioned. Tomasson had it in him to have done much better.

Exactly. Extremely unlucky with the injury of Shearer, then coupled with Sir Les already agreeing to go at the same time. He may not have been as good for Spurs, but we still needed him.

Guest Blackamp;White

Souness. Can't believe his reputation in the media is still intact and still gets a mention when jobs become available.

I AM NOT DEFENDING SOUNESS.

But those talking about the "quality side" we had before his arrival are forgetting that Woodgate had already been sold. Without Woodgate in the lineup we were a mediocre side. When he wasn't injured we were Champions League calibre. Our backline:  Hughes, Bramble, O'Brien, Bernard. Shit. Boumsong was actually an improvement. An expensive and crappy upgrade, but an improvement none-the-less.

Souness: poor management, poor purchases. Hands down the worst.

Losing Woodgate and Speed were just as bad-- if not worse--  than losing Bellamy.

Souness - took over, said how good the squad was and was possibly the best he's ever worked with, then spent the next few months dismantling he squad and falling out with players, replaced them with 'proper' players like Lee Clark (free agent who looked like he was going out of the game) and Craig Moore (sacked by his previous club for allegedly turning up pissed for training.  Basically took us back five years - to the point where we where when Bobby took the job on. 

DEAN SAUNDERS!

Also proved to be one of the biggest liars and moaners in football over the past few months.  January - would take the Newcastle job again 'in a heartbeat' by his own reckoning.  Then three months later told the Irish media that we were such a bunch of shits that he's too traumatised to take any other management job (despite throwing his hat into the ring when any job becomes available).  Maybe, just maybe Bellamy was telling the truth when he told Sky that he had lied about the incident that lead to his departure to Celtic.

And that's another thing, his treatment of Bellamy knocked at least a couple of million of his transfer value as well.

At least Roeder and Gullit knew the job was beyond them and walked instead of sitting and waiting for the pay off.