Worst NUFC players in last 5 years (The Final)

James
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Matty Pattison is the only player i can think ofwho has never had a good game for newcastle, not even in friendlies. For me, as shit as Smith has been, its just a bit too early for me to say he's the worst ever.

Pattinson is the stand out player here, i can easily remember good games  that the others had, even Faye.

Matty Pattison is the only player i can think ofwho has never had a good game for newcastle,

West Brom (h), when he had that blondey-ginger mop thing on his head.

Apart from that, I agree with you.

Matty Pattison is the only player i can think ofwho has never had a good game for newcastle, not even in friendlies.

Pattinson is the stand out player here, i can easily remember good games that the others had, even Faye.

Agreed, I recall a few games where faye held his own. Fat Party is the worst I've seen

Matty Pattison is the only player i can think ofwho has never had a good game for newcastle,

He did play well against Brom, therefore his good games to shite games ratio is better than Smiths.

He did play well against Brom, therefore his good games to s**** games ratio is better than Smiths.

Smith played well against Arsenal to be fair, and he looked alright in some friendlies.....its not a coincidence that Pattinson performed wellagainst effectively a 1st Division team.

Guest fraser

Babayaro and Boumsong are/were streets ahead of the others in terms of ability. I'm amazed people are voting for them.

Tbf as a defender you have more opportunities to provide comedy/tragedy moments. Boumsong rarely missed an opportunity, although his performance at SJP against Liverpool will live long in the memory as the performance of a man totally out of his depth.

Surprised Boumsong is there ahead of Bramble.

Nah, Bramble had moments when he would go on a career best 3-4 games in a row where he'd quality. You always knew that boumsong was never ever gonna regain his composure cos his confidence was destryoed.

Nah, Bramble had moments when he would go on a career best 3-4 games in a row where he'd quality. You always knew that boumsong was never ever gonna regain his composure cos his confidence was destryoed.

I must admit I had my doubts when he struggled in his debut against Yeading.  :undecided:

I must admit I had my doubts when he struggled in his debut against Yeading.  :undecided:

Haha, was his debut at Yeading?? Man, that was a terrible game for everyone involved though, i rememebr his high point being when he kept Henry pretty quiet when we played Arsenal once, then something happend to his kid and he was the definition of crap, never played well after his kid became ill if i rememebr correctly. Thats what i base my opinion on him anyway..... ???

He was shaky throughout his Newcastle career, but I think people were a little more lenient at first with him being a new signing. He was never very good and any purple patch was, in hindsight, more of a damp patch.

his high point was the semi-final vs man utd, he'd been ok up till that point, tho still had a couple of minor issues that most thought would be ironed out as he adapted to the league but instead were turned into cataclysmic flaws and ruthlessly exploited by opposition teams. first 20 mins in the semi he played out of his skin, then slipped as he went to attack a cross. man utd scored, and it went downhill from there.

his high point was the semi-final vs man utd, he'd been ok up till that point, tho still had a couple of minor issues that most thought would be ironed out as he adapted to the league but instead were turned into cataclysmic flaws and ruthlessly exploited by opposition teams. first 20 mins in the semi he played out of his skin, then slipped as he went to attack a cross. man utd scored, and it went downhill from there.

I think his turning point was Man Utd but more in the league when he made a mistake and Rooney scored then did exactly the same later on. Really went to shit after that.

For a canny big bloke, he was diabolical in the air and that was his real problem.

I think his turning point was Man Utd but more in the league when he made a mistake and Rooney scored then did exactly the same later on. Really went to shit after that.

For a canny big bloke, he was diabolical in the air and that was his real problem.

yeah that was probably the first of his really bad games.

another problem was the fact he couldn't tackle to save his life and held his position less than marco polo. would decide, out of the blue, to sprint out wide to challenge a winger, vacating the spot he was supposed to be defending, and instead of sliding in, or sticking out a boot, to win the ball, he'd just stand there and push at their back. was like he genuinely didn't know how to tackle someone.

i remember alan oliver, before we signed him, said boumsong was vulnerable to balls played over the top of him and into space. it's ironic then that this is the one thing he was good at, since he had fantastic recovery pace. that speed is probably the only reason he's managed to be a professional in the centre-half position, absolutely fucking shite at every other aspect of defending.

Guest fraser

There, that's it; it has to be Pattison because I can remember Amdy Faye playing a beauty of ball into the box from wide right that led to a goal. Pattison never reached those dizzy heights.

Fatty patty shouldn't even be in the poll. He was hardly a 1st teamer, in fact how many starts did he actually make in the league?

Terrible poll imo.

I agree. Including sub appearances he only played 10 times.