Newcastle v Chelsea Pre-Match Thread

Beren

Any news on Emre?

:lol:

Only made 8 starts this season and 8 appearances from the bench.. I've given up on him  :thdn:

supposed to be fit again. But have a feeling he won´t play. anyway not start.

I'd go with:

Harper

Beye  Taylor  Faye  Enrique

Barton  Butt  N'Zogbia

Owen  Carroll  Martins.

after this game tell the first team to take the week off and bring in the young ones for the last game of the season..

I'd go with:

Harper

Barton  Butt  N'Zogbia

Owen  Carroll  Martins.

after this game tell the first team to take the week off and bring in the young ones for the last game of the season..

no, un-beaten until the end of the season please, we should be trying to win every game we play in, whats the point of filling the team with in-experience? it defeats the object as you're as good as saying you dont care about it therefore the pressure's off and they're not gaining any experience they wouldnt get in a friendly

I'd go with:

Harper

Barton   Butt  N'Zogbia

Owen  Carroll  Martins.

I think we have an obligation to the rest of the league to go out to try to win the game. So no, ta.

If we lose our last two games (which is quite possible), there will be some people who will raise questions about the current squad again and start asking for a clear out in the summer. So to avoid having to put up with those mongs i'd like us to remain unbeaten.

My Team;

Harper

Beye        Taylor      Faye    Enrique

Butt

Geremi            Barton

Owen      Carroll      Martins

prediction

1-1

Is viduka injured then?

Just saw abit of news on SSN that said that he's out of the oz squad because of injury. Might have miss read but if true that must mean he's injured atm.

Is viduka injured then?

Just saw abit of news on SSN that said that he's out of the oz squad because of injury. Might have miss read but if true that must mean he's injured atm.

I took it from what I have read that he is in need of an operation which will be done in the summer so I think he is available for selection

my team

harper

beye taylor faye enrique

butt

geremi                barton

emre

martins                owen

my team

harper

beye taylor faye enrique

butt

emre

Change of system too then?

Guest toonlass

my team

harper

beye taylor faye enrique

butt

emre

Why the hell would you put Emre in there?

my team

harper

beye taylor faye enrique

butt

emre

Not sure about this. Owen's been at his best dropping deep and linking-up play. See no reason to change that aspect of the team at all.

I'd be tempted to try this:

............................Harper

Beye..........Taylor...........Faye...........Enrique

.......Milner........Barton/Butt.........Emre

..........Viduka......Owen..........Martins

Is viduka injured then?

I took it from what I have read that he is in need of an operation which will be done in the summer so I think he is available for selection

Aye achilles problem.  He's been playing with injections in the last few.

Is viduka injured then?

It may go some way to show why he has been poor in terms of his fitness the last few games if he has been carrying an injury.

I'd be happy to see one of Emre or Milner come into the midfield in place of Geremi. He's looking a bit fucked at the moment and it's worth giving one of these two (or both) a shot at this system. Ron's done well, but these two can arguably deliver just as well as him. Also, i'd keep Barton in the team - i'm stunned that he hasn't scored yet in this little run, he's gone close on several occassions. I can see him notching one before the season's out.

We've got nothing to lose; we're not going to finish in the top half, and to finish 12th would represent an excellent final spot given the earlier season turmoil. Give one or two others a go now i'd say. :thup:

Harper

Beye     Taylor   Faye     Enrique

Milner   Butt   Barton

Owen    Carroll    Martins

Subs: Forster, Edgar, Geremi, Duff, Smith

I'd be happy to see one of Emre or Milner come into the midfield in place of Geremi. He's looking a bit f***** at the moment and it's worth giving one of these two (or both) a shot at this system. Ron's done well, but these two can arguably deliver just as well as him. Also, i'd keep Barton in the team - i'm stunned that he hasn't scored yet in this little run, he's gone close on several occassions. I can see him notching one before the season's out.

We've got nothing to lose; we're not going to finish in the top half, and to finish 12th would represent an excellent final spot given the earlier season turmoil. Give one or two others a go now i'd say. :thup:

Harper

Beye     Taylor   Faye     Enrique

Milner   Butt   Barton

Owen    Carroll    Martins

Subs: Forster, Edgar, Geremi, Duff, Smith

Is Faye alright now?  What was wrong with him?

Guest alex

Is viduka injured then?

It may go some way to show why he has been poor in terms of his fitness the last few games if he has been carrying an injury.

Doesn't account for the rest of his career though.

my team

harper

beye taylor faye enrique

butt

emre

Not sure about this. Owen's been at his best dropping deep and linking-up play. See no reason to change that aspect of the team at all.

thats just how i would play it. i do agree owens been great in what he has been doing. but against chelsea this is how i would aproach the game in hope to win

Is viduka injured then?

You may well me correct.

If he is available i would remain unchanged, apart from the possibility of Emre coming in for Geremi.