Newcastle v Chelsea Pre-Match Thread

Beren

the whole thing has been blown out of all proportion yet again by the media. The boy did well, after a tough few days for him personally, amnd deserves credit. But the media going on and on about it has done my head in. Football is a team game!

Indeed, Kevin Doyle has had an even tougher last week or so.

the whole thing has been blown out of all proportion yet again by the media. The boy did well, after a tough few days for him personally, amnd deserves credit. But the media going on and on about it has done my head in. Football is a team game!

Really? Wasn't even that close to his cousin was he?

Really? Wasn't even that close to his cousin was he?

Perhaps I was wrong to say 'even tougher' but to lose 4 family members to murder suicide must be pretty hard to deal with. Losing any family member is hard enough to deal with.

BBC preview...

James Milner (foot), Abdoulaye Faye (groin) and David Edgar (head) should also play, but Stephen Carr (shit) is a doubt.

???

Can't see much wrong there?

Hope manure lose at the weekend and just when Chelski think they can still win the title we come along and spoil there party.This game may finally show the country we are back and make a few players say "mmm they are heading in the right direction lets jump onboard" or lose and go out in a whimper but i guess it will not mean that much of a difference on the bigger picture really than send us home happy .

Hope manure lose at the weekend and just when Chelski think they can still win the title we come along and spoil there party.This game may finally show the country we are back and make a few players say "mmm they are heading in the right direction lets jump onboard" or lose and go out in a whimper but i guess it will not mean that much of a difference on the bigger picture really than send us home happy .

no player with anything resembling a brain fit for football is gonna join us because of one game at the end of the season

Also, any result will be a 'Chelsea stutter at SJP' genre of title. Not a 'Brilliant Newcastle derail Chelsea title hopes'. A draw will see us 'bravely withstanding an onslaught of incisive, gungho football' irrespective of if we batter them for 90 minutes. :razz:

4/1 really isn't a bad price at all. Hope the crowd turn up [...well, and the team, obviously]. SJP is becoming somewhat fortress-esque again [after a couple of cheeky home wins ;)].

Guest neesy111

Crowd will be up for the match

most fan's will want man utd to win the title of the 2

our players need to perform as some are playing for their future's at the club

3-2 newcastle martins last minute to hand man utd the title and send those cockney bastards home

suspect if chelsea don't win their will be a lot of bother after the match

Very unlikely, I'll be surprised if Chelsea actually bring the full allocation I don't think they've ever sold out the away end, poor support considering their team win most of their games on the road.

Very unlikely, I'll be surprised if Chelsea actually bring the full allocation I don't think they've ever sold out the away end, poor support considering their team win most of their games on the road.

we got 6000 for a carling cup trip away to arsenal, they got 1800 for a carling cup semi against everton

Do you think? Whenever Man U, Chelsea, Arsenal or Liverpool are at St. James' the crowd are usually up for it. Probably because we feel they are where we should be. I'm sure we'd have been equally happy ruining Man U's title chances if that had been the fixture.

no player with anything resembling a brain fit for football is gonna join us because of one game at the end of the season

There may be the odd pro out with a long term knock suffering "psychological problems" who watches this game & thinks I wouldnt mind playing with players outside of my usual environment

Do you think? Whenever Man U, Chelsea, Arsenal or Liverpool are at St. James' the crowd are usually up for it. Probably because we feel they are where we should be. I'm sure we'd have been equally happy ruining Man U's title chances if that had been the fixture.

agreed. i reckon its that we hate all these bastards really. id love it if we won tomorrow. shut up my arrogant chelsea "supporting" mates. on all the chelsea forums ive glimpsed over, they seem to be taking this as a stroll in the park, or a warm up before they get to the champions league final!! id love them to have a rude awakening.