Newcastle v Chelsea Pre-Match Thread

Beren

would i be right in saying us and chelsea are the top two form teams for the last six games? should make a good game. hopefully help man utd to the title. would love to get one over chelsea and be able to tell man u fans that we gave them the title.

Guest Geordiecunny

1-1 i think. Chelsea have more quality and motivation but they'll be tired and might underestimate us. Would be great to get one win against one of the top four this season. Don't have a bad record against them at home either. Better be a good game or at least a result because I'm missing the Leeds' Biggest Water-Fight 2008 to go! 8,000 people having a water-fight would have been pretty good so the game has a lot to live up to.

Bring Faye back, otherwise same team. 1-1.

We need some fresh legs imo. I wouldn't normally advocate it, but i honestly wouldn't mind giving Carroll a go now - Viduka just doesn't seem fit now. I'd also probably leave Geremi out for Emre, if he's ready.

I wouldn't be dropping those players on their form (i think Geremi's been absolutely key recently), but they're the players that link the midfielders together, link the strikers together respectively.

Although if it is the same team, i shan't complain.

would i be right in saying us and chelsea are the top two form teams for the last six games? should make a good game. hopefully help man utd to the title. would love to get one over chelsea and be able to tell man u fans that we gave them the title.

I'm sure they'll be eternally grateful.  :rolleyes:

I wonder how many of our fans wouldn't mind if we lost to Chelsea and perhaps deprive Man U of the title? However I really can't see them dropping points against West Ham, and we all know Steve Bruce would rather Wigan be relegated than his precious Man U draw or lose against Wigan.

hopeflly, their champions league game against liverpool will finish 1-1 and then go into extra time, just to knacker them even more. having said that, i dont think fatigue will count for much even though theyve played a few games recently and we rest, because its on a monday.

This is first time im able to travel up to newcastle this season so im hopin we play a full strength team and give them a game, and not play youngesters or play like were off on holidays