Other clubs' transfers

Dave

i meant that in terms of impact over here (mainly referring to jo and bentley), boro have a proven premiership player. english, left-sided, good age......if anything, the £14 million they rejected from spurs was too cheap. especially when he's the best player in their relegation-threatened team. he's not gonna go cheap

But, you could equally bring up a list of players that cost much less and have been better and then say fit him in that list. Don't compare it to the bentley deal, he's way overpriced, look at him on his own merits. About 12 million I'd expect for him considering his contract and boros reliuctance to let him go.

i meant that in terms of impact over here (mainly referring to jo and bentley), boro have a proven premiership player. english, left-sided, good age......if anything, the £14 million they rejected from spurs was too cheap. especially when he's the best player in their relegation-threatened team. he's not gonna go cheap

But, you could equally bring up a list of players that cost much less and have been better and then say fit him in that list. Don't compare it to the bentley deal, he's way overpriced, look at him on his own merits. About 12 million I'd expect for him considering his contract and boros reliuctance to let him go.

well yeh, theres been better players for cheaper and worse players that were more expensive. its hit and miss really, but i just reckon with the way man city are inflating the market, the bids that have been made by spurs are too low

well yeh, theres been better players for cheaper and worse players that were more expensive. its hit and miss really, but i just reckon with the way man city are inflating the market, the bids that have been made by spurs are too low

Plus Middlesbrough will value Premiership survival much higher than they'll value Downing and rightly so.

Sounds like Appiah will be signing for Spurs in time for the match against Wigan.

Also being said that Downing is digging his heels in to get the move he wants.  Exactly what he could do I'm not sure, apart from going on strike, so i think he'll still be with Boro at the end of the month.

Sounds like Appiah will be signing for Spurs in time for the match against Wigan.

Also being said that Downing is digging his heels in to get the move he wants.  Exactly what he could do I'm not sure, apart from going on strike, so i think he'll still be with Boro at the end of the month.

By the voices in your head?

Guest Heneage

May I ask why you only seem to post when things are appearing to go well for Spurs?

May I ask why you only seem to post when things are appearing to go well for Spurs?

Going well? Didn't they get beat 2-0 by the bottom side of the league last week?

It's pretty sad though, to think that whenever anything that could be even remotely construed as exciting for Spurs is about to happen, the first thought in Martin Jol's mind is "OMFG I've gotta go act ITK on that Newcastle board!"

Guest Heneage

Going well? Didn't they get beat 2-0 by the bottom side of the league last week?

It's pretty sad though, to think that whenever anything that could be even remotely construed as exciting for Spurs is about to happen, the first thought in Martin Jol's mind is "OMFG I've gotta go act ITK on that Newcastle board!"

Aye ok, but the fact they are signing Appiah working on Downing etc, through to the final of the cup.

Aye ok, but the fact they are signing Appiah working on Downing etc, through to the final of the cup.

Strikes me as Spurs just being Spurs again. Their first priority has to be to solidify their defense yet there they go signing more overpriced attacking players.

Downing won't move (I don't think Spurs can afford it in the first place having just shelled out to bring back Defoe,) and Appiah is 50/50 to flop.

During the summer I said that despite all the bells and whistles, I'd much rather have our summer signings than Spurs'. I still would.

Strikes me as Spurs just being Spurs again. Their first priority has to be to solidify their defense yet there they go signing more overpriced attacking players.

The goalie has been poor but in defence they are covered better than most clubs but they have nobody at all for left wing. They are weak at DM with Tom & Didier with one being very slow & the other being like a sieve.

Being out of the relegation zone only on goal difference isn't my perception of things going well tbh.

22.40  It's all gone a little quiet on the transfer front as managers across the country put head to pillow and begin to dream of big money signings, only to wake up to the realisation they've less cash than an Icelandic bank.

;D

Guest The Libertine

"Jermain Defoe wanted a £700,000 loyalty bonus from Portsmouth - where he stayed for less than a year - after quitting the club to rejoin Spurs. It is believed the Londoners finally looked after the payment, made because Defoe did not officially request a transfer."

:icon_puke_r:

this also after he faked an injury to avoid being cup tied.

"Jermain Defoe wanted a £700,000 loyalty bonus from Portsmouth - where he stayed for less than a year - after quitting the club to rejoin Spurs. It is believed the Londoners finally looked after the payment, made because Defoe did not officially request a transfer."

True or not, cunts like Defoe, Redknapp, and Spurs are all made for each other

Young defender Ritchie De Laet has joined Manchester United from Premier League rivals Stoke.

The Britannia Stadium club announced that the 20-year-old has signed a three-year contract with the Old Trafford giants.

United have brokered a performance-related fee for De Laet, who spent the early part of the season on loan at Wrexham and is regarded as one for the future by manager Sir Alex Ferguson.

He moved to Stoke from Royal Antwerp in August 2007 but failed to make a first-team appearance for Tony Pulis' side.

De Laet's arrival at United follows the signings of Serbian duo Zoran Tosic and Adem Ljajic during the winter transfer window.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_4764085,00.html

Sunderland have no interest whatsoever in Olympique Marseille's Modeste M'Bami.

The Cameroon international midfielder has been strongly linked with a move to the Stadium of Light this month.

But the claims are smoke and mirrors and Sunderland have made no attempt to sign the 26-year-old.

M'Bami's agent Jean-Christophe Thouvenal insisted that Sunderland had made an approach for the defensive midfielder, but last week Black Cats' boss Ricky Sbragia told the Echo that his primary focus was on finding a centre-half with Premier League experience and that he did not plan to look abroad this month.

And today he confirmed that M'Bami was not a player who had come anywhere near the club's radar.

"Sunderland have absolutely no interest in him," he said.

"It has been a busy time for me and, in some ways, I think the January window has come too early for me because I'm still settling in to that side of things.

"But I can give a guarantee that I will never ever bring in a player to this club that I haven't seen.

"That's a big thing to me.

"And I've never seen this lad.

"I think this all comes down to agents trying to get players' moves, but he's certainly not someone we've been trying to get in."

Thouvenal seems determined to engineer a move for M'Bami and his target appears to be getting the former Paris St Germain player into a Premier League club.

This week, Thouvenal claimed both Sunderland and Portsmouth had made contact about the player, whose contract ends in the summer.

Thouvenel said: "Sunderland are highly interested in signing Modeste.

There is another Premier League club that is interested as well, Portsmouth.

"There have been whispers about Blackburn, but now that they have changed managers, it's over.

"There are three options for him: staying at Marseille until the end of the season and then move on as a free agent, signing a pre-contract with his future club to start a new challenge next June, or moving during the transfer window."

While M'Bami will not be coming to the Stadium of Light, Sbragia is on the look-out for fresh players but has delegated a lot of the ground work to his staff before conclusions are reached and objectives properly pursued.

He said: "I've seen some players and I've also I had a meeting with Mick Brown and Ian Atkins, who head up our scouting.

"I talked to them for about five hours earlier in the week and that was constructive. I've seen a couple of the players we might have an interest in, but, as I've said before, the key thing is that I need players with Premiership experience."

http://www.sunderlandecho.com/sport/Sbragia-rules-out-Marseille-swoop.4856340.jp

Roque Santa Cruz bid rejected by Blackburn from Man City (BBC). It was significantly higher than £12m which they offered in the summer according to Hughes.

Just read an article about Blackburn saying they have had no bids. I don't know what to believe!

Manchester City have tabled an £8m bid for Newcastle's unhappy goalkeeper Shay Given, which is expected to provoke an approach from Tottenham. (Daily Mail)

Hughes was just on SSN saying they had put bids in for Santa Cruz,Bellamy and Parker but there had been no bid for Shay Given

:yikes: What an absolute wanker. Fucking loyalty bonus ! :nope:

Young defender Ritchie De Laet has joined Manchester United from Premier League rivals Stoke.

The Britannia Stadium club announced that the 20-year-old has signed a three-year contract with the Old Trafford giants.

United have brokered a performance-related fee for De Laet, who spent the early part of the season on loan at Wrexham and is regarded as one for the future by manager Sir Alex Ferguson.

He moved to Stoke from Royal Antwerp in August 2007 but failed to make a first-team appearance for Tony Pulis' side.

De Laet's arrival at United follows the signings of Serbian duo Zoran Tosic and Adem Ljajic during the winter transfer window.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_4764085,00.html

I've never seen him play but my brother really rates him.