Other clubs' transfers

Dave

He jogs around the pitch making half-hearted gestures for the ball to be played to him and immediately passes it back to the person who he just received it from otherwise it goes back to someone even further behind play. This is 99% of his game.

He's like a taller Nigel Reo Coker.

What an insult to Reo-Coker!

Reo-Coker at least has a presence in midfield as he tackles enthusiastically and is capable of winning the ball. He is also strong on the ball and doesn't just flop over at the hint of any slight contact.

Anyone who rates Jermaine Jenas just doesn't watch football.

Please help me understand what it is you see this guy doing that is at all useful.

He jogs around the pitch making half-hearted gestures for the ball to be played to him and immediately passes it back to the person who he just received it from otherwise it goes back to someone even further behind play. This is 99% of his game.

1% of the time he will make a forward run (this is the only time he looks really impressive) off the ball and can blow by people when he does this and therefore arrive in the box and is a danger. However, he doesn't do this enough at all.

He is not a good footballer. Watch the games.

Mourinho is an awful coach tbh, and what about  Bobby Robson, Capello, Ericksson, Ramos, and Jol? These guys really know nothing about football :rolleyes:

For all the knockers he has, JJ is a box to box midfielder who's main job is to get some assists, put tackles in and occasionally score goals. He does this (well not so much putting tackles in tbh). He needs to stop going missing for periods of the game but his all round game is pretty decent imo (his improved since he was with you lot).

As for the reo coker comparison, what exactly does nrc bring to the table. He's got bags of energy and can put a decent tackle in but not much else.

You know what it is. I think maybe Jenas suffers from severe stage fright. When the lights come on for real he totally loses it. He must be different in training I imagine, cuz I just don't see it during actual games.

Guest justin99.

City have pulled out of any Kaka deal..

recent reports would beg to differ

This is the most recent report, they are now after another striker that plays in Italy..

hate to be a stickler;  source?

Guest justin99.

Manchester City have sensationally withdrawn their bid for Kaka, and will instead unveil another signing from Serie A in the next 48 hours - "not in the Kaka league". (Arabianbusiness.com, 0915 GMT)

City have pulled out of any Kaka deal..

recent reports would beg to differ

This is the most recent report, they are now after another striker that plays in Italy..

hate to be a stickler;  source?

SSN...

Anyone who rates Jermaine Jenas just doesn't watch football.

Please help me understand what it is you see this guy doing that is at all useful.

1% of the time he will make a forward run (this is the only time he looks really impressive) off the ball and can blow by people when he does this and therefore arrive in the box and is a danger. However, he doesn't do this enough at all.

He is not a good footballer. Watch the games.

Mourinho is an awful coach tbh, and what about  Bobby Robson, Capello, Ericksson, Ramos, and Jol? These guys really know nothing about football :rolleyes:

For all the knockers he has, JJ is a box to box midfielder who's main job is to get some assists, put tackles in and occasionally score goals. He does this (well not so much putting tackles in tbh). He needs to stop going missing for periods of the game but his all round game is pretty decent imo (his improved since he was with you lot).

As for the reo coker comparison, what exactly does nrc bring to the table. He's got bags of energy and can put a decent tackle in but not much else.

You know what it is. I think maybe Jenas suffers from severe stage fright. When the lights come on for real he totally loses it. He must be different in training I imagine, cuz I just don't see it during actual games.

I've always thought that about Jenas, he doesn't have the balls to make the most of his ability. It does make me laugh when I see our fans mocking him though, since we replaced him with Butt.

Why are they looking to Italy and hoping some megabucks striker transfer could settle and adapt when we've got a wantaway Michael Owen just up the road?  Fucks sake, you can have him for half of that Kaka deal, we don't mind. 

Why are they looking to Italy and hoping some megabucks striker transfer could settle and adapt when we've got a wantaway Michael Owen just up the road?  f***s sake, you can have him for half of that Kaka deal, we don't mind. 

Amen brother.

Palacios is not the player we need tbh. He's just a slight upgrade on Jenas (if that) minus the goals.

:lol:

I see you edited out your smiley. Was the other one a bit much?

I stand by my comment. Palacios is meant to be a box to box midfielder but he hasn't scored a goal since he's been in England (doubt he has much assists either). As i said before, i rate him as a player but he's not the sort of player we need imho.

The fact that he hasn't scored....doesn;t that tell you he's disciplined enough to sit tight and let better attacking players get about the business of scoring?

Palacios is not the player we need tbh. He's just a slight upgrade on Jenas (if that) minus the goals.

I stand by my comment. Palacios is meant to be a box to box midfielder but he hasn't scored a goal since he's been in England (doubt he has much assists either). As i said before, i rate him as a player but he's not the sort of player we need imho.

The fact that he hasn't scored....doesn;t that tell you he's disciplined enough to sit tight and let better attacking players get about the business of scoring?

Yep, that's what Alan Smith never scoring told me as well.

Yep, that's what Alan Smith never scoring told me as well.

:lol: Smith was a fucking striker cum midfielder under Ferguson! If Palacios is a DM, then he's a fucking DM. Simple :)