Other clubs' transfers

Dave

Flamini to Man City?

Would be a good buy if they can get him on the cheap but if they're after why buy Vieira? And how many dm's do they need?

Barry

Vieira

De Jong

Flamini?

Apparently Flamini is now a right back.

Ah - in which case, a very strange buy.

I can think of plenty stronger right backs than him, unless he's drastically improved at Milan. I didn't even think he'd played much for them.

Flamini to Man City?

Would be a good buy if they can get him on the cheap but if they're after why buy Vieira? And how many dm's do they need?

Barry

Vieira

De Jong

Flamini?

Maybe they fancy loaning us one next season?

Isn't Kompany a DM as well originally?

Guest Stephen927

Mido has confirmed that Hull have been talking to him about a move for a month. Mido and Zaki together could well destroy what is left of the team morale.

Flamini to Man City?

Barry

Vieira

De Jong

Flamini?

Maybe they fancy loaning us one next season?

Isn't Kompany a DM as well originally?

yip, got player of the season for them last year too. Strange signing that. (flamini)

Madrid are negotiating with Racing's prez for the transfer of Canales, meanwhile Canales' dad is in London to talk to Arsenal, Chelsea and ManCity.

Bets is on Madrid since his dad is afraid about him going to a foreign country at such a young age, and Real would agree to loan him back to Santander.

Madrid are negotiating with Racing's prez for the transfer of Canales, meanwhile Canales' dad is in London to talk to Arsenal, Chelsea and ManCity.

Bets is on Madrid since his dad is afraid about him going to a foreign country at such a young age, and Real would agree to loan him back to Santander.

I've heard Canales signed a new contract with Racing with a €10m buy-out clause, is this correct? And if so, could any team bid €10m and Racing can't turn it down?

I've heard Canales signed a new contract with Racing with a €10m buy-out clause, is this correct? And if so, could any team bid €10m and Racing can't turn it down?

Yes, all professional athletes have these clauses by law in Spain. That's why it sucks to manage low-level spanish clubs in FM  :razz:

Yes, all professional athletes have these clauses by law in Spain. That's why it sucks to manage low-level spanish clubs in FM  :razz:

So why don't all clubs put €1bn buy out clause on every player so they can decide whether or not to sell him? Because I assume a bidding war between Real, Barca and British clubs would bring in more than €10m to Racing, wouldn't you think?

So why don't all clubs put €1bn buy out clause on every player so they can decide whether or not to sell him? Because I assume a bidding war between Real, Barca and British clubs would bring in more than €10m to Racing, wouldn't you think?

Well, the players have to agree to the amount when signing the contract, so they naturally won't allow unrealistic clauses. In the case of Canales, also, the contract had been pre-agreed before his eclosion and triggered automatically after he played a number of games with Racing's first team. There's also a limit of how high a clause can go compared to what the player earns.

Highest clause is Cronaldo's with 1000M (which is probably illegal but nobody won't bother challenging it), Messi's is a very distant second with 300M.