Other clubs' transfers

Dave

I felt sorry for the lad last night, what i have ever seen of him he has looked like he can move the ball around well and hopefully he will be good enough to cover(play alot) when Rosicky IS injured. Or, behind Adebayor* where his favoured position is.

* If Ade is still here

Guest hodsgod

Bentley's gone Spurs.

Just heard that on Five Live

"Five Live understands that Spurs reached agreement etc...."

Blackburn's chairman said 2 or 3 days ago that they wouldn't make any decision on Bentley until the new manager was in place, then he would decide.

Given that they have no new manager, and I *know* that at least one club has bid far more than the rumoured Spurs price for him, I'd be very surprised if this were true

Although to be honest, so much stuff just conflicts. I fucking hate the close season.

I think clubs should only be able to play players they have from birth. Identify the prospects in utero, then develop them.

Fuck this stupid transfer system. What a load of old cock.

I might go for a lie down.

Guest kingdawson

He's desperate for Champions League football, going to a side that just finished 11th seems the sensible thing to do in fairness.

well, he said he wants to play in Europe tbh.

He's desperate for Champions League football, going to a side that just finished 11th seems the sensible thing to do in fairness.

He'll be regretting that on an ice cold Thursday night playing against some Israeli peasants. He'd be better off at home watching The Bill like the rest of us.

i still think bentley's a bit of a cock to be honest.

a 'big time charlie', you could just imagine him swanning about blu bambu and the appartment like he owned the place.

just think, he's been at blackburn for 2 years and is twisting his tits off about the champions league, who's to say if he signs for spurs and they don't make the champions league he'll not be stamping his feet, chucking the dummy out of the pram until he gets a move to chelsea or man united, anelka-styleeeee.

Bentley's gone Spurs.

Just heard that on Five Live

"Five Live understands that Spurs reached agreement etc...."

Apparently no agreement yet.  I said yesterday morning:

A relative of Robert Segal (Bentley's agent) is saying that Bentley wants back to London and would be happy at Spurs (though I guess he would be happier at Chelsea).  Blackburn are said to be wanting £18m which is £5m more than Spurs want to pay.  I believe Spurs would be wanting around £10m for Lennon but he won't be moving until there is a replacement in, whether that be Bentley or someone else.

http://www.newcastle-online.com/nufcforum/index.php?topic=50015.4325

I believe that Blackburn are now asking for Lennon in p/ex, don't know how Lennon feels about it.

I can't wait to see what formation Spurs are planning on playing next season. I find this all very fascinating. Still no steel in midfield.

Wonder where they'll put Modric especially. Don't think he could hack it as one of a midfield pairing in the premier league. I could only really see him playing in the centre as one of a three.

He'll be regretting that on an ice cold Thursday night playing against some Israeli peasants. He'd be better off at home watching The Bill like the rest of us.

:lol: funniest post I've read in a long while.  :clap:

So Spurs only value Bentley at £3m higher than Lennon? Something's a bit amiss there....

Levy's starting positions aren't always his finishing positions.  All a bit academic though as Lennon apparently won't be a part of any deal.  I'd guess that nothing much will happen until Ince or whoever is appointed as the next manager.

So Spurs only value Bentley at £3m higher than Lennon? Something's a bit amiss there....

Levy's starting positions aren't always his finishing positions.  All a bit academic though as Lennon apparently won't be a part of any deal.  I'd guess that nothing much will happen until Ince or whoever is appointed as the next manager.

I appreciate that, but as things stand he values Bentley at £13m and Lennon at £10m. Either he needs his head sorting, or he's a soft as fuck negotiator.