Other clubs' transfers

Dave

I didn't see anyone ever even suggesting him as a potential signing for us. He'd never come to us with the clubs that he has been linked to.

And he is not off to Real Madrid, he might be, that is all. Stop posting rumour as fact (unless you have a decent source that you're actually willing to share). More or less depends on what happens with Ronaldo as far as I can tell.

I guess this is further proof that we're falling behind others in the transfer market and won't sign anyone this summer because we're too slow and Ashley is a tight bastard. We should have been in for Fowler, but we obviously couldn't afford his wages and Blackburn are a bigger club.

Rangers are closing in on Watford centre-back Danny Shittu after having an increased bid accepted by the Hornets. (Various)

Replacing Cuellar?

really shows how gash the SPL is.

Rangers are closing in on Watford centre-back Danny Shittu after having an increased bid accepted by the Hornets. (Various)

Replacing Cuellar?

really shows how gash the SPL is.

It's as if they're telling us they know too with their new-look centre-back pairing.

Weir - Sh!t(tu)

Skysports.com can confirm that Sunderland are in talks to sign Romanian star Dorin Goian.

The Black Cats have made their move for Steaua Bucharest stopper, who impressed throughout Euro 2008.

Sunderland boss Roy Keane wants to bolster his defensive options and Goian has emerged as one of his top targets.

The North East club made an offer earlier this week and look to be close to striking a deal.

Sunderland have bid around £2.5million, which does fall short of Steaua's valuation, as they want more than £3million.

However, sources close to the player have told skysports.com that a deal is very close and the 27-year-old central defender is eager to move to England.

Sunderland and Keane hope a deal can be concluded over the weekend as they look to seal their first signing of the summer.

Skysports.com can confirm that Sunderland are in talks to sign Romanian star Dorin Goian.

The Black Cats have made their move for Steaua Bucharest stopper, who impressed throughout Euro 2008.

Sunderland boss Roy Keane wants to bolster his defensive options and Goian has emerged as one of his top targets.

The North East club made an offer earlier this week and look to be close to striking a deal.

Sunderland have bid around £2.5million, which does fall short of Steaua's valuation, as they want more than £3million.

However, sources close to the player have told skysports.com that a deal is very close and the 27-year-old central defender is eager to move to England.

Sunderland and Keane hope a deal can be concluded over the weekend as they look to seal their first signing of the summer.

Was very good at Euro 2008

Got a funny feeling this will wake a few other clubs up and they'll end up missing out on him.

Replacing Cuellar?

Let's hope so. I think it's clear that Keegan admires Cuellar, and I'm dreaming that we can sign a good solid centre-back after the likes of Bramble, Boumsong, Rozehnal, Cacapa etc.

Replacing Cuellar?

Let's hope so. I think it's clear that Keegan admires Cuellar, and I'm dreaming that we can sign a good solid centre-back after the likes of Bramble, Boumsong, Rozehnal, Cacapa etc.

:rolleyes:

£11m for Crouch. :nope:

Fairly pleased, tbh, from a rival's point of view. Him and Defoe have not worked once in the England set up and, well, he's hardly a world-beater anyway.