Other clubs' transfers

Dave

Dunne was the worst cb in the league last season (i made the comment about Dunne being crap at the beginning of last season when we were linked with him). He's been excellent whenever i've seen him this season though.

What nonsense.

Richards was worse alongside him for one.

Guest kingdawson

Again no it isn't. He was the laughing stock of the league last season. If a player like Bramble had that kind of season, i guarantee he'd be playing championship football right now.

Even City fans turned on him last season. I remember them jeering him in the game against us (he then proceeded to hand Bent a goal and get sent off).

Guest kingdawson

Hmmm no he wasn't. Not at all. Dunne was a calamity. He made mistake after mistake and cost City a lot of points.

Sometimes I am not sure you're actually watching the same league as everyone else.

Yeh of course mate. I'm always wrong  :thup: :thup:

Hmmm no he wasn't. Not at all. Dunne was a calamity. He made mistake after mistake and cost City a lot of points.

Sometimes I am not sure you're actually watching the same league as everyone else.

Yeah, Paul McShane played in the Prem last year. Can't get much worse than that.

Whenever I've seen Dawson this season, he's looked excellent.

Whenever I saw him prior to this season, he looked like he'd suffered some traumatic head injury or been starved of oxygen at birth, he was so shite.

Goes to show, players change, especially when given a change of scenery (in the case of Dunne).

Whenever I saw him prior to this season, he looked like he'd suffered some traumatic head injury or been starved of oxygen at birth, he was so s****.

Goes to show, players change, especially when given a change of scenery (in the case of Dunne).

There are no words to explain how right this is.

Guest kingdawson

Whenever I saw him prior to this season, he looked like he'd suffered some traumatic head injury or been starved of oxygen at birth, he was so s****.

Good post.

Guest kingdawson

http://www.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=153278

btw just googled Richard Dunne and this thread came up. It's a recent thread analysing Dunne's performances last season. Now bear in mind this thread is started when City are in a poor run of form AND Hughes is still in charge. The general consensus is that Dunne was shit.

Now usually when a player is performing well at another club (plus your own club is performing badly and you hate your manager) you tend to see things differently and hindsight comes into play.  These guys still openly admit Dunne was shite.

I've always said Dunne is a fat, lumbering piece of shit but he's had a class season tbf. Collins; I called correctly and said it was a good deal.

When we bought him, I was fucking flabbergasted (and this is after watching MON prviously buy Heskey, Harewood, Zat Knight, so it isn't like I should have been surprised). Same with Collins. 10m, though, for that pair, good deal.

MON is the most infuriating manager ever. He really is.

I've always said Dunne is a fat, lumbering piece of s*** but he's had a class season tbf. Collins; I called correctly and said it was a good deal.

When we bought him, I was f***ing flabbergasted (and this is after watching MON prviously buy Heskey, Harewood, Zat Knight, so it isn't like I should have been surprised). Same with Collins. 10m, though, for that pair, good deal.

That's unfortunate. From an outsiders perspective, I love the man.

btw just googled Richard Dunne and this thread came up. It's a recent thread analysing Dunne's performances last season. Now bear in mind this thread is started when City are in a poor run of form AND Hughes is still in charge. The general consensus is that Dunne was shit.

Now usually when a player is performing well at another club (plus your own club is performing badly and you hate your manager) you tend to see things differently and hindsight comes into play.  These guys still openly admit Dunne was shite.

Ashley Young was awful for us from Feb last year (when he was sent off at Sunderland) till about 2 weeks ago. Gareth Barry was anonymous for us for about 5 of the 9 months of last season.

Fans who watch teams day in day out have a much better overview than journalists or part time supporters, both of whom - esp journalists - fall back on the obvious cliche all the time.

Guest kingdawson

btw just googled Richard Dunne and this thread came up. It's a recent thread analysing Dunne's performances last season. Now bear in mind this thread is started when City are in a poor run of form AND Hughes is still in charge. The general consensus is that Dunne was s***.

Now usually when a player is performing well at another club (plus your own club is performing badly and you hate your manager) you tend to see things differently and hindsight comes into play.  These guys still openly admit Dunne was s****.

Ashley Young was awful for us from Feb last year (when he was sent off at Sunderland) till about 2 weeks ago. Gareth Barry was anonymous for us for about 5 of the 9 months of last season.

Fans who watch teams day in day out have a much better overview than journalists or part time supporters, both of whom - esp journalists - fall back on the obvious cliche all the time.

Mate that link is from Bluemoon forum. Those are fans that are commenting...

I've always said Dunne is a fat, lumbering piece of s*** but he's had a class season tbf. Collins; I called correctly and said it was a good deal.

When we bought him, I was f***ing flabbergasted (and this is after watching MON prviously buy Heskey, Harewood, Zat Knight, so it isn't like I should have been surprised). Same with Collins. 10m, though, for that pair, good deal.

That's unfortunate. From an outsiders perspective, I love the man.

Despite the months when we drift into awful football mode, despite the mental transfer policy (three of his last 45 signings have been from outside the UK, apparently), despite the bizarre substitutions, despite lots of things, I can't help but love him.

I always feel a warm glow when i see him interviewed as our manager, and for all the bollocks he drops, he pulls some rabbits out of the hat.

For all the Knights, Harewoods and Hekseys, for all the refusal to buy bigger names, he gets results. The fucking weirdo.

btw just googled Richard Dunne and this thread came up. It's a recent thread analysing Dunne's performances last season. Now bear in mind this thread is started when City are in a poor run of form AND Hughes is still in charge. The general consensus is that Dunne was s***.

Now usually when a player is performing well at another club (plus your own club is performing badly and you hate your manager) you tend to see things differently and hindsight comes into play.  These guys still openly admit Dunne was s****.

Mate that link is from Bluemoon forum. Those are fans that are commenting...

I know, I'm not commenting on that, in fact I'm supporting your view that the fans know best what really goes on.

I would temper that, however, by saying that I don't care what he did with City towards the end, I'm only bothered with what he does for us, and so far it has been exceptional.