Other clubs' transfers

Dave

Guest kingdawson

Colo was bad whenever i saw him but i 100% disagree that he was worse than Dunne. Dunne scored own goals and was at fault for so many goals it was ridiculous. He was living on his past performances for City which was why he didn't get as much stick as Collocini did (plus it's easier to put blame on the new foreigner then a player that the press are familiar with and has been in this league for a while).

I openly admit he's been excellent this season for Villa though. That's what playing for a competent manager can do for you.

To say the worst in the league is bordering on insanity.

KD forgets that Colo was the Clown last season while  being eased into the English game.

Christ on a bike with the wit spence. Colo was the clown? Fucking brilliant.

Colo was bad whenever i saw him but i 100% disagree that he was worse than Dunne. Dunne scored own goals and was at fault for so many goals it was ridiculous. He was living on his past performances for City which was why he didn't get as much stick as Collocini did (plus it's easier to put blame on the new foreigner then a player that the press are familiar with and has been in this league for a while).

I openly admit he's been excellent this season for Villa though. That's what playing for a competent manager can do for you.

I have to say, Coloccini was the worst defender i saw in the league last season. Not only was he shit, he patently didn't care.

Final whistle against us on the last day and he was down the tunnel like a rat up a drainpipe.

Take it you missed Newcastle - Spurs at SJP last season then.

Guest kingdawson

The Mirror and a bitter City fan's forum is how you support your opinion? Where's your self-esteem man? Construct your own argument.

Where's my self esteem? get a grip ffs. What the fuck kinda comment is that?

My opinion is based on my eyes. I watched him a lot last season......of course i'll also use articles and comments from fans that actually watch him every week to back my statement (better then to just simply say someone is wrong and leaving it at that tbh).

I have to say, Coloccini was the worst defender i saw in the league last season. Not only was he s***, he patently didn't care.

Final whistle against us on the last day and he was down the tunnel like a rat up a drainpipe.

That's a winter peddled myth thb. Him and S Taylor were the first two players to applaud us.

I've always said Dunne is a fat, lumbering piece of s*** but he's had a class season tbf. Collins; I called correctly and said it was a good deal.

When we bought him, I was f***ing flabbergasted (and this is after watching MON prviously buy Heskey, Harewood, Zat Knight, so it isn't like I should have been surprised). Same with Collins. 10m, though, for that pair, good deal.

MON is the most infuriating manager ever. He really is.

That's unfortunate. From an outsiders perspective, I love the man.

Despite the months when we drift into awful football mode, despite the mental transfer policy (three of his last 45 signings have been from outside the UK, apparently), despite the bizarre substitutions, despite lots of things, I can't help but love him.

I always feel a warm glow when i see him interviewed as our manager, and for all the bollocks he drops, he pulls some rabbits out of the hat.

For all the Knights, Harewoods and Hekseys, for all the refusal to buy bigger names, he gets results. The f***ing weirdo.

Basically you trust the guy but you also know he's got clout with the board/owner at Villa and they will back him  - I've run out of words..........

Hmmm no he wasn't. Not at all. Dunne was a calamity. He made mistake after mistake and cost City a lot of points.

Sometimes I am not sure you're actually watching the same league as everyone else.

Yeh of course mate. I'm always wrong  :thup: :thup:

Not always.

I said Coloccini had played s**** on a number of occassions last season and questioned his somewhat passive attitude on the pitch. Credit where due, and the lad deserves an awful lot this season.

When?

Well here's one:

Not a strong personality Colo tbh, and language barriers probably didn't help early on.

Was never aggressive enough tbh, definetly one of those who seemed to prefer making friends with the opposition than knocking the f*** out of them.

He'll do well next season back in Spain. This is the problem with the DOF setup, had Keegan met him and got a feel for his personality perhaps he wouldn't have been so willing to see the club part with £10M.

brummie - you're spot on about needing a creative midfielder. The games you struggle in, at least when I'm watching, usually have the common denominator of the lack of a technically gifted playmaker who can make something happen out of nothing. Is it too simple/harsh to say you lack a Plan B if the pace/power combo of Milner, Young, Agbonlahor and Carew doesn't work? Either way, a central midfielder would be top of my list if I were manager.

Reckon if Downing was played centrally he could potentially fulfil that role for Villa.

When we moved Milner central and put Downing on the wing, we started playing some really good football. That also gives us the option of moving Young, Downing and Milner around as required, which gives us options. It is just a handful of games thus far but looks promising.

What we really need is the chap in my avatar. Or at least someone who can consistently pick a pass.

brummie - you're spot on about needing a creative midfielder. The games you struggle in, at least when I'm watching, usually have the common denominator of the lack of a technically gifted playmaker who can make something happen out of nothing. Is it too simple/harsh to say you lack a Plan B if the pace/power combo of Milner, Young, Agbonlahor and Carew doesn't work? Either way, a central midfielder would be top of my list if I were manager.

i could imagine yossi benayoun would do well in the villa side tbh.

i could imagine yossi benayoun would do well in the villa side tbh.

I would go with that, too.

He's the kind of crafty weasel player we could do with.