Other clubs' transfers

Dave

Spurs are definitely the team looking best equipped to do things.

Villa have a pathetically small squad which MON has allowed to disintegrate, and a terminal inability to conclude deals without fuss, Newcastle seem to be gripped by stasis, Everton haven't got a pot to piss in, West Ham have had their financial rug pulled from beneath them and are lumbered with a squad of high-earning, injury prone wasters.

Hate Redknapp though I do, he has done pretty well this window. So Portsmouth and Spurs seem to be switched on.

If we had signed Arshavin, Modric, Bentley, Gomes and Dos Santos everybody would need a new set of keks. cant believe some of the comments.

I'd say 70-80% of us were when we splashed out big-money on Boumsong, Emre, Parker, Owen & Luque in a short space of time. All had similar reputations to the ones listed above.

Guest kingdawson

Isn't Bentley a little bitter about his Arsenal experience? I am sure I read something about him wanting to beat them or something to do his spurs supporting mates a favour?

I may have made that up :lol:

Very bitter, he hates us.

If only he could realise he wasn't actually good enough for Arsenal at that time.

yep, this is true.

We need to flog off some more squad players and i also think it's best if Berbatov leaves. The fact that we're more than likely going to play 1 up, means we wont need him as much as we would playing 4-4-2. A target man like Milito or a pacey forward like Bent, is more suited to that role.

A cb and maybe a dm is needed .

Villa have a pathetically small squad which MON has allowed to disintegrate, and a terminal inability to conclude deals without fuss, Newcastle seem to be gripped by stasis, Everton haven't got a pot to piss in, West Ham have had their financial rug pulled from beneath them and are lumbered with a squad of high-earning, injury prone wasters.

Hate Redknapp though I do, he has done pretty well this window. So Portsmouth and Spurs seem to be switched on.

I put Spurs slightly ahead of Pompey now.

I agree, Spurs are doing very well,

I just think traditional "big" clubs like Newcastle, Villa and Everton seem to be stood around doing bugger all, sneering at Redknapp, whilst he puts together a pretty impressive set up.

Can KD or Jol confirm Spurs are struggling to find the money to finalize the Arshavin deal and its the same reason why the Pavlyuchenko deal fell through?

dont think i't true tbh. Think Levy is being his usual stingy self and the deal will go through eventually.

Brummie, that pic makes it look like he's celebrating the goal and nothing else.

btw where's kaka lately? he said we'll definately not sign Bentley because he'll be off to villa (add to that his claim that kewell will be a spurs player).

If Bentley had any sense that's where he would of gone.

Why?

Think they're a club on the up, the one arguably most likely to break into the top four.

I'd say Spurs probably are, plus the fact he's a London lad, you can easily see why he's went there.

I can understand the point about London, but Spurs just seem to be spending money for the sake of it, they haven't really addressed the problem areas of last season.

I'd say Villa are a couple of full backs away from being a very good outfit.

They definitely look to have a better core to their side, I'll definitely say that. But Spurs are signing some cracking players at the moment, whether people like to admit this or not.

I'd love to have either Modric, Bentley or Dos Santos in our side. Even if I do feel the last two are overrated.

No doubt about it they've signed some real quality, it really doesn't bother me. Much like Liverpool's side though it looks like a side more equipped for Europe. The thing is you can only play so many attacking midfielder.

The reason I say they seem to have no structure to their plans is they seem to be very much signing big name players. The fact is Spurs didn't have any major problems scoring goals last season, in fact if I recall they were up their with the top scorers. The fact is they couldn't defend for toffee and no one they've signed suggests thats changed, not to mention all of their foreign signings may struggle to adjust to the physicality's of the league particularly Dos Santos.

I just think traditional "big" clubs like Newcastle, Villa and Everton seem to be stood around doing bugger all, sneering at Redknapp, whilst he puts together a pretty impressive set up.

Mmmmmmm not sure about spurs. there main problem for the last few years has been lack of strength,physically,defensivly and i don't see that being remidied.

i can see sours going 4-2-3-1 next season but i have no idea who their vital "2" will be.

Completely agree with that summation of the current situation of the European contenders mentioned and us.

Can KD or Jol confirm Spurs are struggling to find the money to finalize the Arshavin deal and its the same reason why the Pavlyuchenko deal fell through?

There's no lack of funds to complete Arshavin's signing, it's simply Levy being Levy and haggling about the price.  That said, Levy has laid the law down on wages being paid to players that really aren't regular options for the bench, let alone starting for the team.  That's why there has been this clearout of the deadwood.  The only exception to that is Steed, Ramos would have kept him but the offer from Sunderland was too good to refuse, so it was left to the player to decide what he wanted. 

It's being said that Ramos isn't convinced that for the money (£15m) Pavlyuchenko offers much, if any, more than Bent provides.  He certainly was on the list of options, but it's fair to assume that Villa and Milito are ahead of him.

Mmmmmmm not sure about spurs. there main problem for the last few years has been lack of strength,physically,defensivly and i don't see that being remidied.

i can see sours going 4-2-3-1 next season but i have no idea who their vital "2" will be.

Today they've bought - or practically bought - two excellent midfielders.

What's to say they won't buy two excellent defenders and a  DM in the 6 weeks between now and the end of the transfer window.

Incidentally, the worst thing is that clubs like Newcastle, Villa and Everton seem content to sit back and do next to nothing whilst Spurs steal a march.

And that's me with my negative hat on. Because I've seen nothing from any of those clubs to suggest otherwise.

Today they've bought - or practically bought - two excellent midfielders.

What's to say they won't buy two excellent defenders and a  DM in the 6 weeks between now and the end of the transfer window.

suppose we'll see.

Like I said before, my head will be turned when they sign a decent defensive midfielder and a couple of center backs who can stay fit...

Thats of course providing they don't sell Berbatov in which case they look worse off than last year.

Incidentally, the worst thing is that clubs like Newcastle, Villa and Everton seem content to sit back and do next to nothing whilst Spurs steal a march.

And that's me with my negative hat on. Because I've seen nothing from any of those clubs to suggest otherwise.

You can't say things like that. We're all just waiting for the big transfer dam to burst. Domino effect, etc.

If you lot would only sell Barry to the scousers it would all fall into place.

dont think i't true tbh. Think Levy is being his usual stingy self and the deal will go through eventually.

Brummie, that pic makes it look like he's celebrating the goal and nothing else.

btw where's kaka lately? he said we'll definately not sign Bentley because he'll be off to villa (add to that his claim that kewell will be a spurs player).

I'm right here punk!

I see you were clearly rattled by the Bentley to Villa comment then  :lol:

Spurs are getting good players in  no doubt, but something still isn't right. If they indeed intend to play Modric, Arshavin, Bentley, Dos Santos and Jenas (!), who for some reason they gave a new contract, then where does a DM fit in?!

You lot look like you are going to be very, very soft next season.

You will play some pretty stuff at times though and embarrass some weaker teams, but then again, thats what you did this last season passed.

I don't see a major improvement at all.

Veloso and/or Albelda are the two high up in the list of options, though wanting them and getting them are two totally different things.  That said, with our dealings in this window, I'm reluctant to discount anybody as pie in the sky wishful thinking.

Veloso and/or Albelda are the two high up in the list of options, though wanting them and getting them are two totally different things.  That said, with our dealings in this window, I'm reluctant to discount anybody as pie in the sky wishful thinking.

See my previous post MJ.

Who sits on the bench if a DM is indeed brought in though?

You can't say things like that. We're all just waiting for the big transfer dam to burst. Domino effect, etc.

If you lot would only sell Barry to the scousers it would all fall into place.

brummie to now be classed into the 'unrealistic', 'impatient', 'anti-ashley' group of newcastle fans, even though he isn't a newcastle fan but someone giving a dispassionate assessment. cue elbee5424 to come on and make an over the top sarcastic comment full of nonsense.

Like I said before, my head will be turned when they sign a decent defensive midfielder and a couple of center backs who can stay fit...

Thats of course providing they don't sell Berbatov in which case they look worse off than last year.

:lol: Your head wouldn't be turned by a potential haul of Dos Santos, Arshavin, Pav., Bentley, and Modric compared to our Guthrie, Gutierrez and Bassong? Worse off than last year? With the potential addition of Villa to replace Berbatov? Bollocks. Harp on about their defence if you like, it's no worse than anyone else's outside the top four or five, especially no worse than ours. Daft daft daft.

I'm right here punk!

I see you were clearly rattled by the Bentley to Villa comment then  :lol:

Spurs are getting good players in  no doubt, but something still isn't right. If they indeed intend to play Modric, Arshavin, Bentley, Dos Santos and Jenas (!), who for some reason they gave a new contract, then where does a DM fit in?!

You lot look like you are going to be very, very soft next season.

You will play some pretty stuff at times though and embarrass some weaker teams, but then again, thats what you did this last season passed.

Why. The. Fuck. Are teams suddenly obliged to play with a defensive midfielder now? Because Makelele was quite good for Chelsea? You're talking shite. As always. Spurs have made massive strides compared to us this window and look set to continue to do so. Absolute self-denial to claim otherwise. They're spending silly money to do so, and it could go tits up, but I know which signings I'd rather have.

To echo Verlaine's above comment, you're in denial if you think that. I can't stand Tottenham which is part of the reason I am so sick with jealousy in regards to their transfer dealings this year. They've got a far better squad than us now and they're still bringing players in. I think some people are blinded by their hatred of Spurs.

Can I just ask , why exactly are we hated so much by Newcastle fans?

I find it very strange , as all of my mates (including myself) reserve our hatred for the Goons or Chelski.

Id even think of .......... QPR , Millwall, Wet Spam, fulham, even somebody like Bolton before I got to Newcastle

very strange