Other clubs' transfers

Dave

Funny stuff:

YOUNES KABOUL has dealt a KO blow to Roy Keane, admitting: I would not go to Sunderland — even if there was an earthquake.

SunSport revealed Keano had struck a 」14million deal with Spurs for four players.

Kaboul, Steed Malbranque, Pascal Chimbonda and Teemu Tainio were all wanted at Sunderland.

Black Cats boss Keano even stayed on Wearside to negotiate the deal while the rest of the squad jetted out to Portugal yesterday on a pre-season tour.

But Finnish ace Tainio is the only one who fancies the move, with Malbranque, Kaboul and Chimbonda keeping their options open.

Keane will try everything to talk them round but appears to be fighting a losing battle with French ace Kaboul.

Defender Kaboul’s agent, Rudy Raba, said: 添ounes wouldn’t join Sunderland — even if there was an earthquake.

展e have more interesting options than Sunderland.

''I can tell you for sure that he’s going to stay in England next season and, at Portsmouth, you are more watched.

哲o disrespect, but playing at Sunderland would not help his international career.・

Meanwhile, striker Anthony Stokes looks set to win his battle to stay at Sunderland.

Republic of Ireland ace Stokes, 19, and former Manchester United star Kieran Richardson, 23, are among players who failed to impress Keane last season.

But the Mackems chief said: 的 spoke to one or two at the end of the season and said ‘Do you want to stay here’?

溺y first impression now they have come back is that they do want to stay.

典hey want to be part of Sunderland and that’s good for me.

釘ut we shouldn’t really be praising players too much just for coming back to pre-season training in half decent shape.

的 would much rather be talking about them at Christmas for being in tip-top form.・

Aye, just saw that myself.

“Younes wouldn’t join Sunderland even if there was an earthquake - we have more interesting options than Sunderland. Don’t even think about it." ~agent Rudy Raba

Guest Heneage

"Impressed with talks" bet he demanded at least 60k.

Kaboul is a lege haha. All mackems on SMB are going nuts ove Chimbonda.

Guest geane

Blackburn  signed Carlos Villanueva, the best footballer in Chile's Primera Division over the past two years. He's a 22 years old creative midfielder with a great goalscoring ability left foot shot.

The deal is apparently a 900 000 USD deal for a 1 year loan with a buyout clause for close to 8 million USD. Villanueva was recently bought by Real Sociedad of spain for close to 6 million USD but the deal was cancelled after the team went bankrupt.

Th guy looks amazing.....

<Snip. Please don't post links to football clips on the forum.>

Blackburn  signed Carlos Villanueva, the best footballer in Chile's Primera Division over the past two years. He's a 22 years old creative midfielder with a great goalscoring ability left foot shot.

The deal is apparently a 900 000 USD deal for a 1 year loan with a buyout clause for close to 8 million USD. Villanueva was recently bought by Real Sociedad of spain for close to 6 million USD but the deal was cancelled after the team went bankrupt.

Th guy looks amazing.....

Outstanding prospect thought he was going to Manchester City.

Would of been a good addition to Keegan's system either left of the three or top of the diamond.

I will be gutted if Everton of all clubs pull this off.

http://www.teamtalk.com/football/story/0,16368,2483_3842688,00.html

Moyes may make Moutinho move

Everton have admitted that they are chasing Portugal playmaker Joao Moutinho - but have yet to agree a fee with Sporting Lisbon.

The 21-year-old is regarded as one of the most exciting prospects in Europe and was expected to attract a host of interest this summer following a number of impressive displays for Portugal at Euro 2008.

The Toffees had initially ruled themselves out of the running for the talented youngster, but are keen are to bolster their midfield options following the departure of veteran Lee Carsley to Birmingham.

Club director Keith Wyness confirmed that Moutinho had been identified as a potential transfer target and is hopeful that an agreement can be reached.

"The arrival of Joao Moutinho is a big possibility for us," he told A Bola.

Sporting are thought to be demanding around 20million euros (£16m) for the player, but Everton are hoping that a complex bid involving a number of future bonuses will suffice.

New Chelsea boss Luiz Felipe Scloari had also been rumoured to be interested in a player he held in high regard during his time as Portugal coach, but the Blues have since denied that they have any intention of making an approach.

I'd love Moutinho here, exactly what we need.

If there's any substance to that report saying Everton would go after him for £16m then I'd hope we'd at least express our interest. We went after Modric apparently who is about the same level, not just talent-wise, but in terms of cost too.

I'd love Moutinho here, exactly what we need.

If there's any substance to that report saying Everton would go after him for £16m then I'd hope we'd at least express our interest. We went after Modric apparently who is about the same level, not just talent-wise, but in terms of cost too.

...and 4m cheaper than Mordor. :thup:

Everton have admitted that they are chasing Portugal playmaker Joao Moutinho - but have yet to agree a fee with Sporting Lisbon.

The 21-year-old is regarded as one of the most exciting prospects in Europe and was expected to attract a host of interest this summer following a number of impressive displays for Portugal at Euro 2008.

The Toffees had initially ruled themselves out of the running for the talented youngster, but are keen are to bolster their midfield options following the departure of veteran Lee Carsley to Birmingham.

Club director Keith Wyness confirmed that Moutinho had been identified as a potential transfer target and is hopeful that an agreement can be reached.

Sporting are thought to be demanding around 20million euros (£16m) for the player, but Everton are hoping that a complex bid involving a number of future bonuses will suffice.

New Chelsea boss Luiz Felipe Scloari had also been rumoured to be interested in a player he held in high regard during his time as Portugal coach, but the Blues have since denied that they have any intention of making an approach.

The same Everton that are arguably the 5th best team in the country?

Tapping up tbh.

The same Everton that are arguably the 5th best team in the country?

Erm, yes. There's a number of other clubs on their level though - not us - and a number of better clubs who you'd think would be in for him as well. I'd be disappointed if he ended up with them. Still maybe the "off all clubs" comment wasn't needed.