Other clubs' transfers

Dave

Guest kingdawson

Blackburn accepted a bid for Friedel from Villa.

How much for?

on a side note, think Blackburn are in for a very troublesome season.

Blackburn accepted a bid for Friedel from Villa.

How much for?

on a side note, think Blackburn are in for a very troublesome season.

Agree with that. Ince is making some very strange decisions in the transfer market.  ???

Jeeez i'd be pissed off if we'd just spunked £23m up the wall on Malbranque, Tainio, Chimbonda and Kaboul! Thank fuck its the mackems! :lol:

I think Malbranque and Chimbonda would have been an improvement on what we have but obviously they are not what were looking for.

I'd say the 4 are very good buys for Sunderland, definetly improving on what they have.

If they get all four im worried for the derby.

:lol:

...............................Gordon.....................

Chimbonda........Kaboul.........Nosworthy..........Bardsley

Edwards............Tanio.............Malbranque......Richardson

.....................Jones.................Chopra    Bent    ...................

Fukin hell brickin it  :iamatwat:

If Keane got his way, Bent is adamant he won't move there.  Suggested fee would get Spurs snapping Quinn's hand off.

Cattermole started off looking quite bright but then degenerated into another overly agressive midfielder who thinks that clattering people unnecessarily means that he is a committed tough guy. Run of the mill.

Cattermole started off looking quite bright but then degenerated into another overly agressive midfielder who thinks that clattering people unnecessarily means that he is a committed tough guy. Run of the mill.

He was "the new Steven Gerrard" 12 months ago.

Guest ALNO1

.....................Jones.................Chopra     Bent     ...................

If Keane got his way, Bent is adamant he won't move there.   Suggested fee would get Spurs snapping Quinn's hand off.

I heard Spurs turned down £14m plus add ons from Sunderland for Bent because of the Keane and Berbatov situation, Bent would have gone.

He was "the new Steven Gerrard" 12 months ago.

A Smoggie season ticket holder I know reckoned he was better than Fabregas. :lol:

Let me guess. "The mags are shitting themselves"

"Mags terrified that we're signing cast-offs from a team they've been putting about 20 goals a season past for years no matter how abysmal their form against any other teams in the league has been"

.....................Jones.................Chopra     Bent     ...................

If Keane got his way, Bent is adamant he won't move there.   Suggested fee would get Spurs snapping Quinn's hand off.

I heard Spurs turned down £14m plus add ons from Sunderland for Bent because of the Keane and Berbatov situation, Bent would have gone.

Not so.  Keane and Berbatov can go as soon as their replacements are signed up, the same rule would apply for Bent.  Spurs won't turn down a good bid for a player Ramos thinks tries hard but is technically limited.  There probably are clubs that Bent would move to if an acceptable bid came in.  Sunderland isn't one of them (or at least it wasn't as at last Monday).

Sunderland have completed the signing of Finland international Teemu Tainio, joining from Tottenham for an undisclosed fee.

The centre midfielder, 28, has signed a three-year deal on Wearside after completing his medical today, and becomes the first Finnish player to sign for the club.

Boss Roy Keane said: "I'm delighted to sign a player of Teemu's experience and quality, he'll be a valuable addition to our squad.

"Teemu has showed versatility, playing in different midfield positions for both Tottenham and his previous club Auxerre.

"But his experience in particular and the fact he has played more than 40 international games shows he has a lot to offer Sunderland."

http://www.safc.com/news/?page_id=15265

Good for them and good for Finland. Atleast he can expect to play and not sit on the bench.

I heard we'll be signing Bent to replace Johnson.

Memory like a sieve - who's in for Johnson again?  :-[

The mighty Fulham.

That's right.  :doh:

Pretty much like for like though?

Sunderland have completed the signing of Finland international Teemu Tainio, joining from Tottenham for an undisclosed fee.

The centre midfielder, 28, has signed a three-year deal on Wearside after completing his medical today, and becomes the first Finnish player to sign for the club.

Boss Roy Keane said: "I'm delighted to sign a player of Teemu's experience and quality, he'll be a valuable addition to our squad.

"Teemu has showed versatility, playing in different midfield positions for both Tottenham and his previous club Auxerre.

"But his experience in particular and the fact he has played more than 40 international games shows he has a lot to offer Sunderland."

http://www.safc.com/news/?page_id=15265

Good for them and good for Finland. Atleast he can expect to play and not sit on the bench.

Not a bad buy for them*. He's a decent player who'll probably get better because he'll be getting his game regularly.

*Depends on the fee obviously.