Other clubs' transfers

Dave

Guest want_nufc_to_be_big_club

I wonder where this leaves Berbatov. With Keane leaving it means that either he will have to stay against his will, and a moody Berbatov in their team means they may as well play with 10 men, or Spurs will be faced with having to replace 3 of their 4 forwards from last season, and apparently the manager doesn't rate the 4th (Bent) anyway.

they've gone from having 4 of the best strikers in the prem, to 2 with 1 of them wanting to leave

i suspect spurs formation next season will be 4-6-0 at this rate

Berbatov also wants to leave and if the right offer comes for him i doubt he'll stay.

Now when Keane is gone i think they will sign Arshavin or Villa for sure which will be good signing for them.

Liverpool have absolutely no chance of winning the league imo.

could not agree more

imo liverpool simply need another good striker, which it looks like they'll get, but also some genuine quality/pace/goals from out wide

benayoun/kuyt and whatever other shite they stick out there should be nowhere near a challenging team...but then benitez plays a narrow game i suppose

Guest neesy111

20million isnt that outrageous for keane. maybe a couple of years ago it would, but inflation has gone crazy now. jo cost citeh 19million and i'd much rather have keane.

but he is probably the 3rd best striker in the league,  30+ goals in all competitions, 18 million isn't bad, but it isn't brilliant value as well

Guest Scouseman

I'm going to predict that Keane and Torres will not click as a partnership

I think you may be disappointed with your prediction.  I'd have agreed if it had been Villa we were buying.

I wonder where this leaves Berbatov. With Keane leaving it means that either he will have to stay against his will, and a moody Berbatov in their team means they may as well play with 10 men, or Spurs will be faced with having to replace 3 of their 4 forwards from last season, and apparently the manager doesn't rate the 4th (Bent) anyway.

they've gone from having 4 of the best strikers in the prem, to 2 with 1 of them wanting to leave

Berbatov also wants to leave and if the right offer comes for him i doubt he'll stay.

Now when Keane is gone i think they will sign Arshavin or Villa for sure which will be good signing for them.

I was told that Keane wouldn't be going until a replacement is sorted out.  There may be 1) a change of heart, 2) the transfer won't actually completed for a while or 3) the replacement is near to being resolved.  I don't know which.

Berbatov is having second thoughts as he sees Ramos' team evolving.  Reckoned to be 30% to stay, which still equals 70% to leave, but that is still 30% more to stay than it was this time last week.  Ramos wants a committed Berbotov to stay.  If he goes, still more likely to be Spain than Manchester.

Arshavin and/or Villa are in contention, there is still serious money likely to be spent by all accounts.

As for Collocini, there has been no comment made which makes me think we have made a firm bid for him, let alone tried to gazump Newcastle.  That may be wrong, but if it is, I haven't heard any different to what I've said.

I was told that Keane wouldn't be going until a replacement is sorted out.  There may be 1) a change of heart, 2) the transfer won't actually completed for a while or 3) the replacement is near to being resolved.  I don't know which.

Berbatov is having second thoughts as he sees Ramos' team evolving.  Reckoned to be 30% to stay, which still equals 70% to leave, but that is still 30% more to stay than it was this time last week.  Ramos wants a committed Berbotov to stay.  If he goes, still more likely to be Spain than Manchester.

Arshavin and/or Villa are in contention, there is still serious money likely to be spent by all accounts.

As for Collocini, there has been no comment made which makes me think we have made a firm bid for him, let alone tried to gazump Newcastle.  That may be wrong, but if it is, I haven't heard any different to what I've said.

You mean you have or haven't made a bid?

He's quite ingeniously covering every eventuality, clearly.

No, the Barry deal depended on Alonso going which looks now to not be happening. 

Keane and Barry were both Rafas top targets.

So I take it Gerrard will play out wide this season (on the left) then, as appears to be the case with England under Capello also.

I don't think would be looking to move out left as he has made the England Squad as a very effective defensive midfielder int he centre of the park.

Gerrard played some of his best football on the right and was also voted player of the year, not so good on the left though.

Maybe a line up something like this if we keep Alonso and still get Barry.

Reina

Carra - Skrtel -Agger -Dossena

Mascherano

Gerrard - Alonso -Barry

Keane  Torres

Why has Carragher been shunted to RB by Rafa? Seems a strange one as he offers little going forward.

You mean you have or haven't made a bid?

I haven't heard that we have made any bid.  I know we did make a tentative enquiry regarding his availability a couple of months ago.

Poor Kuyt, first half of the season he was shit second haf he really stepped up and made a difference, maybe

Kuyt-Gerrard-Barry-Babel

- Keane-Torres-

Benayoun-Gerrard-Barry-Keane

- Torres-Kuyt-  ?