Other clubs' transfers

Dave

So Man City sign Komany, Zabeleta and possibly SWP in that time we have done what?

deals can't be done fast these days

you can't complete a deal just because you want to

deals will only happen right before the deadline

what - a - fucking - joke

So Man City sign Komany, Zabeleta and possibly SWP in that time we have done what?

Can't tell whether that was with or against me TBH.

I was one of the "give it time man, still a month left" brigade but with what? 4 full days left i think the fans have a right to be getting nervous.

what - a - f***ing - joke

I was one of the "give it time man, still a month left" brigade but with what? 4 full days left i think the fans have a right to be getting nervous.

We are not getting anyone. But we will do fine anyway..

:lol:

Again with the laughter, no comments? No arguements? If you think what i am saying is stupid, then simply reply with that. Don't get clever.

it 100% with you if you're with me?!  ;)

nah these are the reasons, among others, why we can't/don't sign players - i'm saying they're bullshit when all is said and done

Sigh, wait and see. Wait and see.

If we've really got nobody by the end of the deadline, I'm ready to join all of you in crucifying Team Ashley.

I'm not an anti ashley guy nor do i have any problems with who we have signed but we surely can't go into the season with what we have got?

Komical Komrade Kenyon: - Sheva was a success  :lol:

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_4059874,00.html

Blues chief executive defends former striker

Peter Kenyon believes Andriy Shevchenko provided value for money during his time at Chelsea.

The Blues chief executive was defending accusations that the recently departed Ukrainian striker had proved to be an expensive flop at Stamford Bridge.

The 31-year-old arrived in England for £30million back in 2006, bringing with him a reputation as Europe's most feared hit-man.

Nine goals in almost 50 appearances would not appear to represent a sound return on the considerable investment paid out by the Londoners, and he has returned to former club AC Milan with a point to prove.

Industry

However, Kenyon insists Shevchenko should not be labelled as a failure as he fulfilled his duties at the club.

"I get fed up because it's not right," he said.

"I'm not giving a lesson on accountancy, but you do write money off over the term of a contract.

"What we pay is in an investment. During that period you have a player who is doing a job and in this industry you buy and sell players."

Pragmatic

Kenyon accepts that some deals turn out better than others, citing the summer signing of Portuguese playmaker Deco as an example of how to bring in quality acquisitions at a sensible price.

"You have to look at these things pragmatically, sometimes these things don't work as well as you want them to," he added.

"Remember, we got Deco for £8million and that looks to be the buy of the season.

"You have got to counter theses things and we are happy with where we are."

Man City and Sunderland have signed around 4 players in the space of a few days.

I am fully expecting us to do the same between now and Monday. I think we will definitely sign at least three new players.

This regime came up with the goods at the end of the window last summer, and I believe they will do so again.

Man City and Sunderland have signed around 4 players in the space of a few days.

I am fully expecting us to do the same between now and Monday. I think we will definitely sign at least three new players.

This regime came up with the goods at the end of the window last summer, and I believe they will do so again.

Your post fills me with optimism. Again, i hope you are correct.

:angel:  praying..

:angel:  praying..

Good on you  :smug: :thup:

No matter what happens, don't soil those underpants.

I still think I'll be in a bar on Monday night, and SSN will be on mute, and it'll come on the yellow ticker that Newcastle have signed Player X on loan.

Infact, would the bookies sort me some odds on that?

Saviola? ;)

Guest optimistic nit

Komical Komrade Kenyon: - Sheva was a success  :lol:

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_4059874,00.html

Blues chief executive defends former striker

Peter Kenyon believes Andriy Shevchenko provided value for money during his time at Chelsea.

The Blues chief executive was defending accusations that the recently departed Ukrainian striker had proved to be an expensive flop at Stamford Bridge.

The 31-year-old arrived in England for £30million back in 2006, bringing with him a reputation as Europe's most feared hit-man.

Nine goals in almost 50 appearances would not appear to represent a sound return on the considerable investment paid out by the Londoners, and he has returned to former club AC Milan with a point to prove.

Industry

However, Kenyon insists Shevchenko should not be labelled as a failure as he fulfilled his duties at the club.

"I get fed up because it's not right," he said.

"I'm not giving a lesson on accountancy, but you do write money off over the term of a contract.

"What we pay is in an investment. During that period you have a player who is doing a job and in this industry you buy and sell players."

Pragmatic

Kenyon accepts that some deals turn out better than others, citing the summer signing of Portuguese playmaker Deco as an example of how to bring in quality acquisitions at a sensible price.

"You have to look at these things pragmatically, sometimes these things don't work as well as you want them to," he added.

"Remember, we got Deco for £8million and that looks to be the buy of the season.

"You have got to counter theses things and we are happy with where we are."

someone is getting worried over his job :lol:

we've signed 4 good players, i think we've had a better transfer window than maybe 18 out of the 20 PL clubs, maybe even the best.

we need to sign more players, but if that doesn't happen i wont be paniced. we only sign players if they will improve the team now, and if nobody like that is available, or they choose to go somewhere else, there is nothing we can do about it, unless we want to start signing alan smiths and sibierski's again.

Guest kingdawson

Man City close to signing Zabeleta- SSN

Apparantly they are signing him to play rb, which allows Corluka to move to us.

Unless Milan gave them the £30 million back then Kenyon's reasoning is complete and utter shit, actually even if they had (which they most definitely didn't) he still wasn't even worth the wages they paid him..