Other clubs' transfers

Dave

Sissoko is really good very much physical player but is really up the creek when he tries to do anything overly technical, as long as he keeps it simple he's really good.

It's not like Butt can do the simple things any more, such as passing in a straight line.

Sissoko as a protector making short simple passes only would be a magic signing for us imo.

Only thing what worries me about him is the amount of bookings he picks up and for that you'd need cover for him.

Guest Heneage

Yeah when he first joined he showed no caution in his tackles and got fair yellows and reds. He's slightly more restrained these days.

Yeah when he first joined he showed no caution in his tackles and got fair yellows and reds. He's slightly more restrained these days.

Not seen anything of him at Juve so got no idea how he's playing or if Juve would even sell tbh. Just always thought he wasn't as bad as people suggest and in a pure defensive role he's a monster.

Guest kingdawson

The Times say Arsenal will get £3.5 million from Diarra's move, Gary O'Neil his likely replacement and the rest going to pay off the clubs debts.

why would boro sell him back? (plus he plays on the right).

Guest Jawesome

The Times say Arsenal will get £3.5 million from Diarra's move, Gary O'Neil his likely replacement and the rest going to pay off the clubs debts.

You'd want to leave if you ever went there.

Sissoko is really good very much physical player but is really up the creek when he tries to do anything overly technical, as long as he keeps it simple he's really good.

I think Makelele was a bit like that.....not great technically but just did the simple things and was one of the best defensive midfielders around.

Hasn't settled up here according to reports.

Portsmouth defender Lauren believes a successful team is being 'dismantled' on the South Coast.

Pompey have already given France international Lassana Diarra permission to speak with Spanish giants Real Madrid, while the future of many other players remains unclear.

Tony Adams is adamant that he will not sanction a mass exodus of his top talent in January, but the Fratton Park chief could be in for a difficult New Year.

Lauren certainly believes that further departures are on the cards, with the Cameroonian full-back tipping Jermain Defoe and Glen Johnson to join former boss Harry Redknapp at Tottenham.

He told Spanish newspaper AS: "The team is being dismantled and the big teams are coming in. Not only is it Diarra, there is Defoe, who could return to Tottenham, to whom Glen Johnson is also going to go.

"The economic situation is very bad, we are already aware of this.

"Look at the signings that were made in the last two years. They brought me, (Sol) Campbell, Kanu, (Peter) Crouch, Defoe, (Pedro) Mendes, who has already gone to Rangers. Of these, the great majority are going to go."

Lauren also lists himself among those who could be heading for pastures new during the impending transfer window.

He added: "Me as well. In January. It's Turkey or Greece."

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_4663982,00.html

Cafu is on the move.

To... wait for it.

Garforth Town of the Unibond Northern League.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2008/dec/18/cafu-non-league-garforth

Former Brazil defender Cafu has agreed a deal to play for non-league side Garforth Town in 2009. West Yorkshire side Garforth have played down reports Cafu, 38, will sign for them in January, however they expect the World Cup winner to join them for a run of games before the end of the season.

"He's likely to be coming in April and just playing a few games for us," said Garforth owner Simon Clifford, who runs the Brazilian Soccer Schools coaching organisation. It was Clifford who persuaded Cafu to play in England before retiring after the 38-year-old left Milan during the summer.

"It's an absolute honour to have someone like him lining up in our shirt," added Clifford. "I think he'll also add something on the field."

Cafu's fellow Brazilians Socrates and Careca have both appeared for the Unibond Northern League team in recent seasons.

Guest Heneage

I might pop around to see him play. About 5mins from me, their ground.

Will you get me a Milan shirt signed if I mail it to you? (Genuine question :lol:)

McGeady still has a future according to his agent, with Bayern being credited interest, surely he's too similar to Ribery???

I might pop around to see him play. About 5mins from me, their ground.

Will you get me a Milan shirt signed if I mail it to you? (Genuine question :lol:)

McGeady still has a future according to his agent, with Bayern being credited interest, surely he's too similar to Ribery???

Unless Ribery leaves.

Not seen anything of him at Juve so got no idea how he's playing or if Juve would even sell tbh. Just always thought he wasn't as bad as people suggest and in a pure defensive role he's a monster.

He's doing well at Juve. Starts when he's fit and the fans seem to love him.

Probably out of our price range at the moment. Any news on Appiah joining anybody?