Other clubs' transfers

Dave

Guest Heneage

Quaresma will make Soccer Am's showboat every week.

I doubt he will even play.  The guy is so overrated, didn't he get a award in Serie A for being the worst player?

Sort of.

He got what's known in Italian as the Bidone d'Oro and it basically means "The Golden Bin". Its voted for by the listeners of an Italian Radio station, Rai Radio, its been going for about 5-6 years now.

I think Schevchenko would win it here for example. I think the fact that there was so much hype around his move from Porto, it took weeks to finalize after lots of media stories and he cost them a lot of money and a player in Pele who had decent potential, Mattis will tell you more about him.

Guest Heneage

The whole Quaresma deal has gone out of hands really, feel really sorry for the guy to be honest but he fell out of the supporters from day one.

The funny thing about it though, it isnt like it was Q chose to be that expensive, f***ing Porto just held us for ransom because they just knew Mou would climb mountains to get him, and Porto had nothing to lose as they didnt need the money at all, and wouldnt lose keeping their best player.

Then the pure fact that Mou hasnt really given him the chance either imo, Curva Nord booing him everytime he does something wrong etc

Funny enough when Balotelli (who really havent been THAT much better then Quaresma and has got more chances) does something wrong they dont boo, f***ing annoying the whole lot of them.

And he has come from an open portuguise league to a shut italian league with defensive tacticts, is a huge difference.

In Porto he was the star, in Inter he is just one of many.

I want him to do good in Inter, hes young, has technique and speed, just what Inter needs but he has just come in to the Inter team in a wrong way.

Hopefully he can get some confidence at Chelsea along with his fellow internationals.

Spot on, at Porto Quaresma was the number 1, better than Lucho I would say. The fact he could play on the left wing using his right foot was immense to watch. I agree as well with Porto holding you to ransom. I'd have personally not paid more than €15m and no Pele, but Mourinho believed in him and he definitely provides some width in your team which is much needed, which is why I wasn't surprised with Mancini's purchase as well.

What did surprise me was the limited chances Mourinho gave him. I thought you would line up like Fifa had you down, in a 4-3-3 very wide with Zlatan the integral part. The few Porto fans I know on the other forum I visit, said that he would either do brilliantly or would just fail as he did at Barca. I still think he has a future there, but its whether Chelsea have a purchase option, if  you think Mourinho likes RQ then Scolari is his ex bf, I just wish people would stop with the Ronaldo comparisons, its so tired and pointless.

Guest Heneage

His only problem at Porto was him being a bit of a show pony, too many tricks really. But yeah you overpaid, have you heard if Chelsea can buy him at the end?

Quaresma will dow ell in the prem as it's a far more open game with space to exploit.

He is exactly the kind of player that wouldn't do well in Italy. It's too tight and tactical for him. He doesn't quite have the discipline, patience and nous required.

Quaresma will dow ell in the prem as it's a far more open game with space to exploit.

He is exactly the kind of player that wouldn't do well in Italy. It's too tight and tactical for him. He doesn't quite have the discipline, patience and nous required.

ronaldo & messi as well...ronaldo would fail in italy, messi would piss all over them due to his speed and close control combination

ronaldo disappears once the space does

Doesn't have the strength, determination or work rate to make it in the prem, and lacks consistency for him to cement a place in the Chelsea squad. Same reason he's failed in Italy.

Our game will be too fast for him, he needs to go back to a 2nd tier league as he's failed in 2 of the 3 big leagues, and is now going to do it in a third.

Guest toonlass

Just saw this,  :lol:

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/06022009/58/premier-league-city-fan-regrets-kaka-tattoo.html

A Manchester City fan has admitted his embarrassment after having 'Kaka' tattooed on his chest before the Milan star snubbed the club last month.

More StoriesBeckham set for England call

Platini wants transfer controls

Manchester City club page

City appeared to be on the verge of a world record £100 million deal, but the Brazilian rejected their approach to stay with the Serie A giants.

Christopher Atkinson, 25, attempted to cover up the tattoo after the transfer fell through, but friends discovered it.

"They haven't stopped taking the Mick. Kaka's one of my favourite players. I got carried away by the emotion of him coming here," Atkinson, of Altrincham in Cheshire, told The Sun.

"I wanted to show off. I just hope we go for him this summer.

"It's taken a few weeks to see the funny side. At least I have a permanent reminder of how close City came to signing him."

Despite the disappointment, Atkinson has pledged to get another player's name stencilled on to his body.

He said: "I'm having a Robinho tattoo next."

Robinho has been linked with a summer move to Chelsea.

Isn't he on about $500,000 a week in LA? You'd think, given his pending career end (not that far away in fairness, at the top level anyway), he'd be satisfied there - and who could blame him? The football in America must just be so awful it's unbareable. I hope he does go to Milan permanently tbf, where he can still be an actual footballer.