Other clubs' transfers

Dave

Guest SupermacTheLegend

I've heard we are supposed to be putting a bid in for Dexter Blackstock from QPR?

i've watched a bit of him playing on Saturday afternoons with the father.

Hope he plays as good as his name.

"Despite reports in France...

Leeds United can confirm that, despite reports in France and claims suggesting otherwise, the club has not signed French player Guillaume Boronad.

The club has not had any contact with the player, is unaware of who the player is, and we can categorically confirm that he has not been offered, or signed, a contract with Leeds United."

:lol:

"Despite reports in France...

Leeds United can confirm that, despite reports in France and claims suggesting otherwise, the club has not signed French player Guillaume Boronad.

The club has not had any contact with the player, is unaware of who the player is, and we can categorically confirm that he has not been offered, or signed, a contract with Leeds United."

:lol:

Straight out of the FFS handbook.

Guest Heneage

Mellberg has signed for Olympiakos :p

God bless him, I f***ing love that man, love him.

Been shit at Juve though. Any mention of a fee?

Mellberg has signed for Olympiakos :p

God bless him, I f***ing love that man, love him.

Been shit at Juve though. Any mention of a fee?

No idea.

I've got a Mellberg Thanks 4 Your Support away shirt in my wardrobe. Little things like buying 3,000 shirts for travelling fans go a long way in these days of uber cynical footballers (hiya Gareth, hiya!).

He's a top bloke, Olof, top bloke. And he absolutely fucking hates Blues.

Guest Heneage

I just read all of that Naughton wall post, loving the Hull fan saying the tigers are going places.

I'd be disappointed but not surprised if Naughton ended up at Villa.

Apparently we've been making enquiries about Miguel from Valencia who is probably better in the present day but at 29 I'd prefer to sign the young English lad who would potentially be top drawer for years to come.

I'd be disappointed but not surprised if Naughton ended up at Villa.

Apparently we've been making enquiries about Miguel from Valencia who is probably better in the present day but at 29 I'd prefer to sign the young English lad who would potentially be top drawer for years to come.

We've been linked with Miguel for ages, too.

To be entirely honest, MON has some kind of mental hang-up with full backs, so I try to ignore FB related gossip and pretend it isn't happening.

Guest Heneage

Miguel would be on the level of Maicon and Alves if he would stop drinking smoking and eating to excess, he looked quite the little chubster last season for Valencia.

Guest kingdawson

Btw Villa apparantly had a great season last time around and finished 6th. Would you even call that an attempt of breaking into the top 4? would you call that a sustainable challenge?. If you wanna talk about transfer policies in regards to success, come back to me when Villa...

A) Have a proper go at breaking into the top 4 (a whole season not just half a season then give up).

B) Win some silverware.

Thanks.

re point B. The League title, the European Cup, 4 League Cups I've seen us win in my lifetime What have you seen your lot win?

And "proper go at breaking the top four". What is it now with Spurs, 3 top 6 finishes in 30 years or so?

As for your previous post re overrated signings that don't deliver, Milner has done very well, thanks. How did your expensive English midfielder do, the one you signed last summer?

Also, on a historical note, I believe we've finished above Spurs in 11 of the last 15 seasons.

i wish we had really exciting transfer windows though, I really do!

Is this a genuine post?. Are you actually going on about stuff you done 30 odd years ago or so. We're talking about recent history and recent transfer policies. I wasn't born the time you won the European cup so i wouldn't know what your transfer policy was at the time.

Ok let me put it in simpler terms. You have the nerve to have a go at our policy when your own club has won f*** all in recent history (have you even come close?) and you haven't looked like comming close to breaking the top 4 (other then half a season last season). What does this say about your own teams policies? maybe that it's failing?.

Btw we actually managed to put a serious challenge to the top 4 (yes we failed but we certainly didn't just crumble and lay down like you did), and we won a cup (came close last season also), and both were in recent times. Everton managed to break the top 4 and nearly win a cup....you've done f*** all on both counts.

Btw i said Milner was an average player who you paid over the odds for. I agree he's done well for you but that doesn't change the fact that he's an average player who you paid over the odds for. I also admitted Bentley turned out to be a joke and our transfer policy is flawed, but so is yours.

Guest kingdawson

Come on KD, everyone know about the "league cups obviously don't count" rule. Middlesborough won it ffs. I'm counting the intertoto if you're having that.

Come off it. Neither of our clubs (and Villa and Everton for that matter) are big enough to diminish that competition.

Come on KD, everyone know about the "league cups obviously don't count" rule. Middlesborough won it ffs. I'm counting the intertoto if you're having that.

Come off it. Neither of our clubs (and Villa and Everton for that matter) are big enough to diminish that competition.

http://www.thedailymash.co.uk/sport/sport-headlines/leeds%2c-doctors-warn-newcastle-200905261781/

"Middlesbrough's 2004 Wembley triumph was quashed last year under the League Cups Obviously Don't Count rule."

You can't argue with the mash.