Other clubs' transfers

Dave

Guest NorwegianMag

He hurt our Habib and is average imo. There be the mock source.

Digard, Guthrie and Barton also I Think.

m'bia only wants to be at marseille for a year!! can't see that going down too well....

After a long negotiation period where it was reported multiple times that he wouldn't be signing with Marseille as a bidding war between many top European clubs continued, Stephane M'bia will finally pen a deal with OM on Monday.

His signing was scheduled to be on Friday but a last minute glitch made it impossible. The signing will take place in Marseilles Monday morning and the player will join his new team mates in the afternoon after a medical.

But even before signing his contract, Stephane M'bia, who is hardly a conventional player when it comes to his declarations, deceived many of his Marseillaise fans by saying he wouldn't stay much longer than his first season.

In an interview with Marseilles' daily newspaper La Provence, the Cameroon international lets it be known that he told a few Premiership heavyweights to let him stay in France one more season.

"I chose Marseille to follow a more progressive career plan. But I made it clear to those clubs that I wanted them to give me another year to possibly join them next season."

The defensive midfielder also credited Didier Deschamps as one of the reasons he's joining The Sky-blues next year.

"There was a discussion between two men. We agreed on some points. He told me what he expected from me and I told him what I expected from him. He has such a past, he's someone who has won everything.

"He can bring me so many things and I know very well that I will progress because he has played in my position. I want to have the same route as him. I must confess that if I came, it was largely because he was here."

Staying away from the usual platitudes of his colleagues, Stephane M'bia is sure to leave no one indifferent in the most scrutinised football team in France.

http://www.goal.com/en/news/90/france/2009/07/12/1378638/stephane-mbia-planning-one-year-stay-at-marseille

not the greatest website, but strange if its true.

He's an imbecile. Mercenary.

Best club for him. Had a lot down the years, as long as he does something for L'OM in the champions league, or to clinch that elusive title, doubt any Marseillais would give a damn.  Like Newcastle in so many ways, people join to go on to bigger and better things, then you get your players on the way to graveyard final paydays.

Apparently, M'Bia wasn't over keen on Everton and is doing this one year s*** for a more high profile English club. He's spouted s*** about not wanting to wait for Everton too. Will undoubtedly end up at Stoke at some point in his career.

As long as M'bia plays well, I don't really care. l'OM are not f****** Rennes. We do not sell players at command. Can't help but think he's turned a few clubs off with his nonsenical behavior. Still, he's a damn good footballer, and it would have been a shame for him to be at Stoke City. I look forward to him donning the colors.

As long as M'bia plays well, I don't really care. l'OM are not f****** Rennes. We do not sell players at command. Can't help but think he's turned a few clubs off with his nonsenical behavior. Still, he's a damn good footballer, and it would have been a shame for him to be at Stoke City. I look forward to him donning the colors.

Ditto. Can't decide if it's refreshing that he's not bullshitting about wanting to be there forever and ever. You scratch my back, i'll scratch yours.

Wonder when the next round of Drogba back to L'OM will happen babatunde? :D

Who needs Drogba? We already have the younger, more Brazilian version O0

Honestly, though I wouldn't be surprised if Drogba comes back next summer. Especially if we win l'OM win Le Championnat next season.

Drogba was made for the club. Amazing just how loved he is after one season really.

Brandao isn't as good as Drogba like :) I'm a bit worried if he keeps up the way he played since he's joined, he'll be coming to England. He won't be able to play with Niang all of the time. s*** ITK but my friend lives near him and apparently he speaks excellent English, so much so that was the form of communication between him and Gerets.

Guest koenji

Nottingham Forest have tabled a £1.6m bid for Coventry defender Danny Fox. (Various)

Sunderland have been linked with Saint Etienne defender Efstathios Tavlaridis, who failed to break into Arsenal's first team back in 2001. (The Times)

Guest Stephen927

What kind of system is Hughes planning on playing to keep all these strikers happy.

Bellamy, Santa Cruz, Tevez, Adebayor, they always seem to be linked with signing loads of strikers.

Guest Stephen927

What kind of system is Hughes planning on playing to keep all these strikers happy.

Bellamy, Santa Cruz, Tevez, Adebayor, they always seem to be linked with signing loads of strikers.

robinho  :pow:

Aye, but he's more flexible than the others, they'll just stick him on the left wing or something to fit all the mega stars in up front. Bellamy can play on the wing, can't he?  :shifty:

robinho  :pow:

Aye, but he's more flexible than the others, they'll just stick him on the left wing or something to fit all the mega stars in up front. Bellamy can play on the wing, can't he?  :shifty:

:iamatwat: