Other clubs' transfers

Dave

If he genuinely does want to leave then there's very little they can realistically do about it. It's all well and good saying he could sit on the bench for 4 years and see his contract out but how often does it happen? No top player in the world would sign for them in the first place if they did that to one of their current star players.

The best they can do is to set a ridiculous price and hope that Real are prepared to pay it. Say, for arguments sake, £100m. No haggling - "£100m and he's yours" type of thing. 

man yoo should sell him asap if they were offered 60 million pound or they can get more than that. he does world class winger but i don't think he'll be legendary winger. let say he'll get badly injured  once he could be another ronaldo (striker)

Official apparently: Paul-Jose Mpoku to the spuds.

Spurs have said nothing officially yet though Standard Liege announced it a couple of days ago.  He had a trial last year and they've been after him ever since.  Know very little about him except they are more excited about getting his signature than Bostock.  Hopefully, Comolli is now starting to do for Spurs what he did for Arsenal a few years back.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11675_3693897,00.html

Also another report saying that Fergie will walk if the club sell Ronaldo behind his back.

(Can't find it though, was browsing this morning)

Surely that's too good to be true?

Reckon so, but nice to see some papers putting the knife in on Manu and Fergie for a change.

In the German media, now widely reported over here, Spurs have bid €20m for Lukas Podolski though have competition from Juve.

Speaking of the approaches from Tottenham and Juventus, Podolski told German daily Express: "I was informed of the interest of both of these clubs and I find it very interesting."

In the German media, now widely reported over here, Spurs have bid 20m for Lukas Podolski though have competition from Juve.

Speaking of the approaches from Tottenham and Juventus, Podolski told German daily Express: "I was informed of the interest of both of these clubs and I find it very interesting."

Wow there's a German Daily Express ? Is it a torycentric, Diana obessed pile of crap too ?

On Podolski, he would be a great signing, could for sure see him do well in the PL

In the German media, now widely reported over here, Spurs have bid 20m for Lukas Podolski though have competition from Juve.

Speaking of the approaches from Tottenham and Juventus, Podolski told German daily Express: "I was informed of the interest of both of these clubs and I find it very interesting that Newcastle United are not also linked since Tottenham are,  but the President gets confused with them wearing the same strips so maybe it's not Juventus at all."

Missing a trick there i feel. Sidwell's a good player, if i was Kev i would have converted him into a defensive midfielder for the long term.

However, i can understand why we aren't in for him.

Brummie, what do you feel about signing Sidwell?

Is he the player that M'ON will replace Barry with?

I think he's a good signing.

I don't think he's going to directly replace Barry, though, he's a different kind of player.

I think he wants a midfield of:

Young - Sidwell - NRC - Bentley / Milner / AN Other.

Brummie, what do you feel about signing Sidwell?

Is he the player that M'ON will replace Barry with?

I think he's a good signing.

I don't think he's going to directly replace Barry, though, he's a different kind of player.

I think he wants a midfield of:

Young - Sidwell - NRC - Bentley

That would be a nice, young midfield you'd have there.

If that could be kept together for years it could become a force!