Other clubs' transfers

Dave

05-06 we finished 7th with Taylor

06-07 we finished 14th with him

07-08 we finished 12th with him?

08-09 18th but thats because of all the other stuff that went on.

He's a decent defender. Agree with those saying its the midfield.

05-06 he wasn't starting much in the middle, 06-07 he only started about 10 games in the middle, 07-08 it was mostly Cacapa and Faye.

08-09 he probably started about 15 games alongside Coloccini and 2 or 3 alongside Bassong.

07-08 he played 31 Prem games and any time Cacapa played, it was a disaster.

I think if he went to another team, it would be just like Milner, Taylor would play well and would be up for England contention.

yeah but he was out on right back (where he did a good job) half the time

07-08 he played 31 Prem games and any time Cacapa played, it was a disaster.

I think if he went to another team, it would be just like Milner, Taylor would play well and would be up for England contention.

yeah but he was out on right back (where he did a good job) half the time

:thup:

if he is, i think itd say alot about our defence...compared to other weaklinks of the past (Boumsong, Bramble, Colo last season and Cacapa after that Pompey game) then id take that tbh

Taylor has proven a very decent right back in the premiership, if you took your head out of your/his arse for 5 minutes you would have more worries about Colo next season. Despite doing a very good job this season he has looked every bit as bad (or worse than) as Taylor in the premiership.

I am one of those who defend Colo and hope it was just a settling period btw....

Taylor has proven a very decent right back in the premiership, if you took your head out of your/his arse for 5 minutes you would have more worries about Colo next season. Despite doing a very good job this season he has looked every bit as bad (or worse than) as Taylor in the premiership.

I am one of those who defend Colo and hope it was just a settling period btw....

Delima agreeing with Gejon shocker  :kinnear:

Swap Taylor for Senderos, are you for real?

Senderos is a very, very average defender at best.

Taylor has proved to be capable in the Premier League.

Im sorry but Phillipe Senderos is by far and away a better defender than steven "look at me im so great " taylor...Senderos has been vilified at times and yes he has been mugged by Drobga and Torres but thats nothing i mean Vidic is terrified of Torres yet is he called shit i think not..Senderos looks solid has played for AC Milan and has been to World Cups and Euro championships...something Taylor could only dream of

Vieira on 130.000 £ a week at City  :kinnear:

He's far over his top, he's pretty much on his low,

8ball&MJG

"get low, get low, get low"

Isn't that about the same as you paid him? Although it was probably more justified at the time you bought him..

Anyway, am I wrong or is he still France's captain?

Im sorry but Phillipe Senderos is by far and away a better defender than steven "look at me im so great " taylor...Senderos has been vilified at times and yes he has been mugged by Drobga and Torres but thats nothing i mean Vidic is terrified of Torres yet is he called shit i think not..Senderos looks solid has played for AC Milan and has been to World Cups and Euro championships...something Taylor could only dream of

I think Taylor would have done that if he was Swiss tbh.

John Carew's agent has rejected reports linking the Aston Villa man with a move to Tottenham.

Reports have suggested Spurs were interested in signing Carew in a swap deal with Robbie Keane during this month's transfer window.

Carew's future has been the subject of intense speculation, but the Norwegian's representative Per A.Flod insists the big striker is happy to stay at Villa Park.

"It is speculation, John is very happy at Aston Villa," Flod told skysports.com.

"No one at Aston Villa has spoken to me about selling John and the fact is he has a contract until 2011.

"Aston Villa is a very good club and John is playing well so why should he leave?"

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11677_5842645,00.html

Hopefully that's the end of that.

I'd like Keane but not at the expense of losing Carew.

Guest Stephen927

He had about 4.5 to 5 million € a year at Inter if i recall correct  :facepalm:

About 76.000 £ a week, and now when he's pretty much a finished player he gets 130.000 £/week at city, he must have one hell of a agent

A good agent who found the only muppets willing to pay him that much, job done.

Man City have acted incredibly short-sighted with this transfer, do they now not need De Jong or Kompany? :lol:

About 76.000 £ a week, and now when he's pretty much a finished player he gets 130.000 £/week at city, he must have one hell of a agent

Man City have acted incredibly short-sighted with this transfer, do they now not need De Jong or Kompany? :lol:

Oh, I really hope poor Gareth doesn't find himself with splinters in his arse.

Especially with this being a WC year and him having - bizarrely - cited "the chance to play in my best position week in week out" as so important  when he moved.

Im sorry but Phillipe Senderos is by far and away a better defender than steven "look at me im so great " taylor...Senderos has been vilified at times and yes he has been mugged by Drobga and Torres but thats nothing i mean Vidic is terrified of Torres yet is he called s*** i think not..Senderos looks solid has played for AC Milan and has been to World Cups and Euro championships...something Taylor could only dream of

:thup:

Guest Stephen927

Oh, I really hope poor Gareth doesn't find himself with splinters in his arse.

Especially with this being a WC year and him having - bizarrely - cited "the chance to play in my best position week in week out" as so important as a result when he moved.

:lol: Forgot about Barry who can play that role too, ridiculous transfer all round then.

He had about 4.5 to 5 million a year at Inter if i recall correct  :facepalm:

Kompany will play centre back now that Lescott has forgotten how to play.