Other clubs' transfers

Dave

west ham failed in an attempt to get dorrans for 4m

why did they think that would be enough?

Could be the fact he's completely unproven at top level.

When a company launches on the Stockmarket, that too is unproven at the highest level - the shrewdest buyers are the ones who pick the winners. That applies in football transfers as well ; if a manager believes Dorrans will do the business, they will pay the going rate.

I would pay more than 4m for him - I reckon it will take at least 7m to shift him right now as WBA will face a backlash from their fans if they sell.

£7m represents a massive gamble for a player without any top flight experience. A lot of us seem to conviently forget just how shocking the championship is.

I had completely forgotten that Campbell played for Notts County this season. From League 2 to CL football. heh.

Has been captaining Arsenal recently too right?

Aye and he has been very good.

Get him on the plane Fabio.

Zola has said that he had no clue West Ham had bid for Dorrans...

Gold says that the bid was a group decision with everyone involved.

Forecast for Zola? Not so good.

Just read this on Teletext. Astonishing,

Gold and Sullivan =  :kinnear:

Several Spanish newspapers reporting today that Barça have started talks with Valencia regarding the transfer of Villa. Marca goes further away and says the move has been already agreed.

I love Villa, but I wouldn't like to pay some huge sum for a 29 year old forward with Zlatan already in the squad, would prefer a younger striker.

Angel Di Maria (£40m) and David Luiz (£35m) to Man City according to Soccernet, both from Benfica. Silly season is just itching to get underway!

Angel Di Maria (£40m) and David Luiz (£35m) to Man City according to Soccernet, both from Benfica. Silly season is just itching to get underway!

Oscar Cardozo too

Oscar Cardozo would flop in the premiership. He's a set-piece magician, granted, but he isn't suited.

Kasper Schmeichel's been released by Notts County. Thought they'd be able to get a fair fee for him in the summer, strange one.

wages

What about them?

They cannot afford them so they've released him and he has agreed to waive his right to his future earnings off Notts County or something to that effect.