Other clubs' transfers

Dave

He'd be much more effective than Nolan in the Premiership for us like. Part of me thinks I don't want him back after the spineless performances he put in for us and the way he used to go missing and not look for the ball when we were playing shit,  but realistically we aren't anywhere the level we were at before and he would offer us some legs in the middle which we desperately need. Its never gonna happen like but I'd take him for £5m or less if we sold Nolan for a few million. I'd be a lot more confident of us staying up if we get some legs in the middle of the pitch

Nacho Novo to Sporting.

Yeste has left Athletic de Bilbao and is a free agent. Rumor is that he wants to go abroad.

Bit old.

He's also left Bilbao because they wouldn't meet his wage demands, not sure he's a good investment at this point, as good a player as he is/was.

His goal against Real Madrid a few weeks ago was Messi-tastic, but has had a bit of an injury-ridden season.

Exactly.  Guthrie deserves a stater role and it would be silly to spend 5m on a rotation player.

Instead, a cheeky bid of 3m for Bouba Diop would be much better.

As in the Pompy player? I reckon due to his age and their position we'd get him for next to nowt.

in these days when movement more than ever is the key and teams are starting to go 4-3-3 the last thing we need is a diop.

He'd be a bigger built Nicky Butt for sure. We need pace and legs in the middle, Nolan, Smith, Barton & Guthrie are too flat for my liken.

there we go again with pace. it's nice but give me an avergae paced player with technique and a clever brain everytime.

They cost money, pace makes up for a lot of defects in the modern game imo.

It's cost effective.

i really disagree.

Give me a fast player with technique over an average or slow one with techniques anyday

and they would be the top players. the top division is full of players with average pace and very good technique, the lower divisions are full of players with loads of pace and poor/average technique.

sullivans at it again, your hugely in debt due to huge players and what do you do? try to sign an over the hell henry apparently on huge wages

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/2982871/Hammers-mega-bid-for-Thierry-Henry.html

:mackems:

At first I thought it would be some tabloid filler, but no, there's actual quotes so this is serious.

Stupid fucking cunts them two like. Gold and Sullivan that is.

Marca's cover today:

http://estaticos01.marca.com/imagenes/2010/05/22/g2205.jpg

On the verge of the most important game in decades, Inter is having their manager and players openly courted by the press of the team hosting the final, and they complain about us and Cesc...

Anyhow, Spanish transfer news:

- According to a few rags, Real Madrid have offered Raúl the termination of his contract. He'd prefer to stay one more year and then retire, but he'll wait and see what happens with the new manager.

- Touré's agent says he's almost certain to sign for Chelsea

- Fran Mérida to Atlético seems a done deal, confirmed by his agent.

- According to Marca, Mou's new salary at Real Madrid would be €10m net, making him the highest paid manager in the world.

@Apitish: yes, that's what it says.

Guest Heneage

What does the headline say? Something to do with Maicon being Mourinho's first target when he takes over, and wanting to move Ramos to central defence?

From the bits I can grasp, it says he wants to play Ramos in the centre.

Headline (correct me if wrong VI) Maicon 'objective number 1' and it cites him as the best full back in the world. And that he's benched Alves for the Canaries? Which I'm assuming is a nickname for Brazil..

What does the headline say? Something to do with Maicon being Mourinho's first target when he takes over, and wanting to move Ramos to central defence?

Headline (correct me if wrong VI) Maicon 'objective number 1' and it cites him as the best full back in the world. And that he's benched Alves for the Canaries? Which I'm assuming is a nickname for Brazil..

"Canarinha" is the name Brazilians give to their national team's shirt IIRC. But yes, that's what the headline says.

Guest Heneage

"Canarinha" is the name Brazilians give to their national team's shirt IIRC. But yes, that's what the headline says.

Spanish is getting better. Yay.  :smitten:

It's mental when you think Inter paid nothing for Maicon.