Other clubs' transfers

Dave

Villareal have offered De Guzman a contract. He's said he'd prefer a move to England, get your finger out Mike.

He would move to Newcastle. He's said as much on his Facebook.

We'll let this one flutter by. Talented player borderline begging for a chance to play for us and we'll let it go.

Villareal have offered De Guzman a contract. He's said he'd prefer a move to England, get your finger out Mike.

He would move to Newcastle. He's said as much on his Facebook.

We'll let this one flutter by. Talented player borderline begging for a chance to play for us and we'll let it go.

Would be a coup, provided he is over his injury problems. Wont ever happen!

Guest Stephen927

Apparently Colback has offers from other clubs and wants to leave Sunderland, and not just teams from the Championship.

Anyway I'll get Ste to try and ask him as I lost contact with him a few years ago.

Won Player of the Year for Ipswich and Bruce and Quinn have both moved to assure him he'll get a good chance at first team football this year.

errr they're a lot better than us and will be paying him top money.

True, and CL football aswell.

Still I'd bet he wishes he was still playing in a top league tbh. He's on a slippery slope to his career fading out completely.

Guest Heneage

Martins is a cock man. Vastly overrated as well.

He was exciting if nothing else. He did seem to care as well, not one of these faux loyal players like Beye.

He was exciting if nothing else. He did seem to care as well, not one of these faux loyal players like Beye.

Not really.

Guest Heneage

Not really.

Meh, I said seem.

I do think in the last 6 weeks he stopped caring, then picked up again at the Boro home game.

As others have said, Oba just left a club that had no European football for one in the CL. I bet he'll be getting paid too. Probaly more first team chances as well. He actually played quite well last year when given the chance/fit.

How is Oba more loyal than Beye? Everyone likes him, just because of his personality, but he wasn't exactly bleeding our colours.

Fwiw I never really grew to love Martins when he was here. He frustrated me no end, and I was never that bothered when he left.

Funny because I was over the moon when we signed him as he was superb for Inter, lots of Inter fans were gutted they'd sold him and replaced him with Ibra.

As others have said, Oba just left a club that had no European football for one in the CL. I bet he'll be getting paid too. Probaly more first team chances as well. He actually played quite well last year when given the chance/fit.

How is Oba more loyal than Beye? Everyone likes him, just because of his personality, but he wasn't exactly bleeding our colours.

They've just sold their star striker Bukharov to Zenit, so I guess this is their replacement. He's getting first team chances where he wouldn't have got (and didn't last season) with Wolfsburg.

Still a step down though imo, even when all things are considered.

Guest Heneage

Where did I say he was bleeding the colours?

I just have a chip on my shoulder about Beye, at least Oba never came out saying he'd stay and fire us back up.

He was not superb at Inter. as always, he was great as the "third" striker, but he was too inconsistent to carry the team. There is a reason this is the only club he's every consistently started at. Good player, not one to build your first team around.

He was not superb at Inter. as always, he was great as the "third" striker, but he was too inconsistent to carry the team. There is a reason this is the only club he's every consistently started at. Good player, not one to build your first team around.

He was good. Explosive and showed alot of passion playing for Inter, had 1 season where he got 20+ goals...not bad for somebody who had 'better' players ahead of him. Like I said at the time Inter fans were on the majority dissapointed to see him go.

He was good. Explosive and showed alot of passion playing for Inter, had 1 season where he got 20+ goals...not bad for somebody who had 'better' players ahead of him. Like I said at the time Inter fans were on the majority dissapointed to see him go.

They handed the keys to the team to him and Adriano in 2005-6. They're inconsitency was the team's downfall that season.

They handed the keys to the team to him and Adriano in 2005-6. They're inconsitency was the team's downfall that season.

Definitely, but that's bad management rather than bad on Oba's behalf. Still got the title by default regardless  :coolsmiley:

He was what, 20/21 at the time? Hardly the age to be leading the line on his own for a big club like Inter. When he left Inter at the time most fans were dissapointed to see him go, because they saw him as a big talent for the future. He was irratic, inconsistent sure - but they're the kind of faults that should have been ironed out over the coming years (something that never happened here).

Here's a scope of how Inter fans felt about the decision to let him go:

http://forzainterforums.com/showthread.php?3392-Ratings-of-the-transfers-of-the-summer-1-by-1

In hindsight it was a great decision by the management to cash in.