Other clubs' transfers

Dave

He was not superb at Inter. as always, he was great as the "third" striker, but he was too inconsistent to carry the team. There is a reason this is the only club he's every consistently started at. Good player, not one to build your first team around.

He was good. Explosive and showed alot of passion playing for Inter, had 1 season where he got 20+ goals...not bad for somebody who had 'better' players ahead of him. Like I said at the time Inter fans were on the majority dissapointed to see him go.

They handed the keys to the team to him and Adriano in 2005-6. They're inconsitency was the team's downfall that season.

Definitely, but that's bad management rather than bad on Oba's behalf. Still got the title by default regardless  :coolsmiley:

He was what, 20/21 at the time? Hardly the age to be leading the line on his own for a big club like Inter. When he left Inter at the time most fans were dissapointed to see him go, because they saw him as a big talent for the future. He was irratic, inconsistent sure - but they're the kind of faults that should have been ironed out over the coming years (something that never happened here).

Here's a scope of how Inter fans felt about the decision to let him go:

http://forzainterforums.com/showthread.php?3392-Ratings-of-the-transfers-of-the-summer-1-by-1

In hindsight it was a great decision by the management to cash in.

Given the location of many on that forum it would seem that few see players other than on the telly. Not unlike this place really. Not the best place to gain an understanding of the talents of a player perhaps?

Guest Heneage

That team had more deficiencies than the form of Adriano and Martins.

Kily Gonzalez, Santagio Solari, Pierre Wome, Ze Maria, Favalli, David Pizarro...

I'll give Mattis the floor on this one as I may seem bias, but to blame two young strikers still adapting to top flight football, is both harsh and naive.

That team had more deficiencies than the form of Adriano and Martins.

Kily Gonzalez, Santagio Solari, Pierre Wome, Ze Maria, Favalli, David Pizarro...

I'll give Mattis the floor on this one as I may seem bias, but to blame two young strikers still adapting to top flight football, is both harsh and naive.

That's why the blame should lie with the management, for entrusting two young players with that level of responsibility.

I'm pretty sure Julio Cruz was actually top scorer that season.

Good move for Martins, a brilliant chance to put himself back in the big time shop window, his move to Wolfsburg was ill conceived as he was never going to oust Dzeko and Grafite who'd just won the league for them. Be getting a canny wage n all.

Yeh, wanted a raise in wages(not on offer) and a two year contract(was on offer) lots of links to Juve but a very good free for somebody (Liverpool?) a team that will defend deeply though.

When he was fit last season alongside Vermaelen he was very good! I don't think our 'style'  of defending suited him as well as it could have. He'll be a good signing for somebody.

Guest Heneage

I'd take Carrick in a heartbeat

I'd heard your break up was quite messy. Does he still text you all the time?

I feel for Martins, he's now playing in a crap league, fair enough he might be getting a better wage and CL football but the league is poor. I few tweaks and he would of been a complete player, I always liked him and rated him, still do.

Thanks.

Mathieu Bodmer signs for PSG.

It's enjoyable to see PSG constantly throw Euros around without making themselves any better than midtable alsorans.

I feel for Martins, he's now playing in a crap league, fair enough he might be getting a better wage and CL football but the league is poor. I few tweaks and he would of been a complete player, I always liked him and rated him, still do.

Why the hell would you feel for him? :lol: He's a multi-millionaire who gets to play football for his job. The rest is superfluous. Russia isn't a rubbish league either. All the Moscow clubs have currency to burn and the money has made it quite competitive. He'll get more first team play, a chance to compete for serious silverware and a brilliant shop window in the CL.