Other clubs' transfers

Dave

Bar the AZ game I always liked the look of him tbh. Was he really so terrible?

He was appalling for us. Although Roeder playing him at left-back done him no favours.

My lasting memory of him on a pitch playing for us, was of him fannying around with his hair.

Can we expect them to focus on a keep now?

No, they will give the keeper they signed earlier in the summer a go. A quick glance show Martin Fulop has not left as of yet, I would guess he wont be now either.

Tall call for the title just yet, I think. Squad has to gel and they keep buying themselves a new team every season.

I like the type of players they are signing this summer.  I really rate Silva how do you reckon he will do in the Premiership?

He's going to be a massive flop this season.

Yeovil looking at Huntingdton.

Former Newcastle United centre-back Paul Huntington, who was released by Stockport County at the end of last season.

He should  of always had the fall back of his local club Carlisle but he went on like such prick when Leeds beat them in a playoff game that he destroyed that ever happening. The death & knee cap promises if he is ever seen drinking in the town have also put him off going on the piss in Carlisle

Only useful thing he ever did was score at Spurs thanks to a massive deflection.

Don't get me wrong, he was shite, but you're imagining the massive deflection.

Well I had drank about 10 pints and was in the upper tier of the away end at the other end of White Hart Lane.

We have signed Adriano from Sevilla for €10m.

Great signing actually, we needed this kind of utility man to plug some holes (RB backup, LB backup, RW backup). Pity we didn't go after Filipe Luis like rumoured these past few days, but would have cost a few more million.

Great signing actually, we needed this kind of utility man to plug some holes (RB backup, LB backup, RW backup). Pity we didn't go after Filipe Luis like rumoured these past few days, but would have cost a few more million.

I remember him being pretty average the one game I watched. Still, as a versatile option he looks a good signing.

What is going to happen in terms of defensive midfield? Are you not going to sign a Toure replacement and rely on Keita and Busquets? I don'tr really see Keita as a defensive midfielder at all though.

Aswell, are their going to be any youngsters promoted to the first team squad? Bartra is highly rated from what I hear.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

I remember him being pretty average the one game I watched. Still, as a versatile option he looks a good signing.

To think, James Perch could have been yours for a fraction of what you paid for Adriano.

To think, James Perch could have been yours for a fraction of what you paid for Adriano.

But has Adriano had a good game against Spiderman?

Yeah, he's not great, but he is solid and won't be a starter in any position (Abidal on the left and Alves on the right). But Puyol just doesn't have the legs anymore to deputize at the RB and he'll also provide cover on the left (we have been both without Abidal and Maxwell a few times last season due to Abidal's fitness).

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Its transfers like this that make me a little happy that the Toon don't flash the cash anymore, as clubs see you coming and instantly add 'fleece' tax to any transfer.

I hope we do sign somebody to replace Touré indeed, there are no names mentioned but the Adriano signing came out of the blue without the press ever picking on it so I'm confident it's being addressed.

We are likely to promote Bartra, so we'd be with Puyol/Piqué/Milito/Bartra as CBs if Márquez ends up leaving. Dos Santos, Alcántara, Fontàs and Muniesa are also candidates and will be assessed by Guardiola during preseason.

Yeah, he's not great, but he is solid and won't be a starter in any position (Abidal on the left and Alves on the right). But Puyol just doesn't have the legs anymore to deputize at the RB and he'll also provide cover on the left (we have been both without Abidal and Maxwell a few times last season due to Abidal's fitness).

Reckon Pep has lost faith in Maxwell then? Seems you guys now have essentially 3 left backs.

I hope we do sign somebody to replace Touré indeed, there are no names mentioned but the Adriano signing came out of the blue without the press ever picking on it so I'm confident it's being addressed.

We are likely to promote Bartra, so we'd be with Puyol/Piqué/Milito/Bartra as CBs if Márquez ends up leaving. Dos Santos, Alcántara, Fontàs and Muniesa are also candidates and will be assessed by Guardiola during preseason.

I'm trying to think of a player that would be a a good replacement for Toure. There's really none available on the market that are as good as Yaya, maybe Mascherano?

Whatever happens it seems a step down imo.

I'm trying to think of a player that would be a a good replacement for Toure. There's really none available on the market that are as good as Yaya, maybe Mascherano?

Whatever happens it seems a step down imo.

Touré barely played last season. For whatever reason Guardiola prefers Busquets (who is better than most people think, though), so we won't sign a Mascherano type that can't sit on the bench.