Other clubs' transfers

Dave

ManU have 23534653423512 strikers though. Although Hernández has a chance to displace Berbatov I guess.

Silva was developing into a great player by the end of last season, we'll see how the move to the PL affects him, though, although I think he moved too early and he isn't the most physical of players to be frank.

ManU have 23534653423512 strikers though. Although Hernández has a chance to displace Berbatov I guess.

Silva was developing into a great player by the end of last season, we'll see how the move to the PL affects him, though, although I think he moved too early and he isn't the most physical of players to be frank.

Welbeck will be going out on loan or be sold, I'd believe, which leaves Rooney, Berbatov, Owen and Macheda (unless he's going/gone on loan). Would imagine Hernandez being in front of at least both Owen and Macheda in the pecking order, possibly Berbatov as well. The problem is that Man U would be daft not to play 4-2-3-1 IMO, which means he might not get much of a look in anyway.

Yes, the Sun Fantasy Team

I have worked out the secret to do well in The Sun fantasy team.

Runner up 2 seasons ago and champion last season (in my company), yeah.

I am thinking of including the following players this season, though I haven't properly studied everything :

Ben Forster / Steve Harper

Laurent Koscielny, Pablo Ibanez, Fabricio Colocinni

David Silva, Cesc Fabregas

Javier Hernandez, Mauro Boselli, Nikola Zigic

The South American football expert at the BBC expects Boselli to flop.

Tim Vickery? Probably correct. The guy is a South American football genius.

Why wouldn't you touch him with a shitty stick ?

Campbell has left, Gallas has left, Senderos has left. So there are only Vermaelen, Koscielny and Djourou in Arsenal. Koscielny is due to start regularly this season. Vermaelen earned me heftily last season but he is a bit expensive though this season.

Koscielny is not even first choice, Arsene has already said he is in the market for another defender.

I like Boselli a lot from - the admittedly little - I have seen from it.

The one game where he scored against Barca I take it?  :razz:

That is one but I watched some of the Libertadores games the season they won it! He just looked a very smart forward, always getting into good positions and making clever runs. I can see why people would say he's benefitted from having Verón in the team, though.

Why wouldn't you touch him with a shitty stick ?

Campbell has left, Gallas has left, Senderos has left. So there are only Vermaelen, Koscielny and Djourou in Arsenal. Koscielny is due to start regularly this season. Vermaelen earned me heftily last season but he is a bit expensive though this season.

Koscielny is not even first choice, Arsene has already said he is in the market for another defender.

didnt he pay 10m for him and hes not first choice ???

http://www.sunderlandecho.com/safc/Sunderland-ponder-Bramble-bid-.6428856.jp

Sunderland ponder Bramble bid

Sunderland are considering a bid for Wigan centre-half Titus Bramble.

Black Cats boss Steve Bruce is a long-standing admirer of the Latics defender and looked into a move for the player last season, but received no encouragement from his former club.

Now, with Sunderland looking certain to miss out on main summer target Heiko Westermann and interest in free agent Sol Campbell cooling, Bruce is set to return to the DW Stadium in a bid for the 6ft 2in 28-year-old.

Bruce inherited the former Newcastle centre-half when he took over the reins at Wigan in 2007 and was well aware of the defender's calamitous reputation from his time on Tyneside.

But under Bruce's guidance, the defender improved and was Wigan's Player of the Year in the 2008-09 campaign.

He would favour a move to Wearside and the chance to link-up again with Bruce, who he has credited with transforming him into a successful Premier League defender.

Bruce's hopes of signing the ex-England U21 international could be hampered by a strained relationship with his former club.

Sunderland were on the verge of signing Wigan left-back Maynor Figueroa at the start of last season as a direct replacement for Stoke-bound Danny Collins when Wigan pulled the plug at the 11th hour, because the player Wigan had targeted to take the full-back's place pulled out at the last minute.

And the signing of Lee Cattermole from Wigan was a long and drawn-out affair as Latics owner Dave Whelan forced the price up to £6m.

Westermann was the player Bruce most wanted at the start of the summer – and a £7m fee has been agreed with his club Schalke 04, but the German international is now in talks with Hamburg SV over a move and it appears a move to Sunderland is not a consideration.

Central defence is the key position Sunderland want to strengthen this season, and Sunderland have not spent big money in acquiring a goalkeeper (Simon Mignolet), right-back (Marcos Angeleri), right-sided player (Ahmed Al-Muhammadi) and central midfielder (Cristian Riveros) so far.

So Bruce – who is set to receive £1.5m from Cardiff City as the last instalment of the Michael Chopra sale, as well as £1.5m from Celtic for the sale of Daryl Murphy – still has plenty of money to spend on bringing in a centre-half he believes will genuinely improve the side.

And the signs are that Bramble could be that player.

Sunderland fans are likely to be understandably sceptical. But if the player comes to Wearside, Bruce will ask the fans to see the player as the footballer who was outstanding at Wigan, rather than a flop at Newcastle.

Guest Stephen927

Liverpool website has some photos of Cole's medical.

http://assets.liverpoolfc.tv/uploads/assets/colemed8.jpg

:lol:

Danny Wilson off to Liverpool.

Wiki quote:

Daniel "Danny" Wilson (born 27 December 1991 in Livingston) is a Scottish football who currently plays for Premier League side Murderers FC.

From what everyone says about him this is an excellent signing for them. :(

I know he is highly rated up in Scotland but I've never seen him play so can't really comment.