Other clubs' transfers

Dave

I will never hate Scott Parker, ever since he nearly decimated Joe Cole in a tackle but didn't give away a free kick. Legend.

http://im.videosearch.rediff.com/thumbImage/videoImages/videoImages1/youtube/rdhash328/e46TATx0SLI.gif

Guest firetotheworks

That first season man. I haven't seen a player that committed to us, whilst still being class at the same time, in a long time. The captaincy killed him.

That first season man. I haven't seen a player that committed to us, whilst still being class at the same time, in a long time. The captaincy killed him.

I know, absolutely brilliant. I think he got a bit too much stick after that though. He wasn't too bad, the rest of the team were worse.

I know, absolutely brilliant. I think he got a bit too much stick after that though. He wasn't too bad, the rest of the team were worse.

Would've probably helped had he not given the crowd stick during the game n all like. Another in a long line of players who should've gone on to better things for us.

Guest firetotheworks

Would've probably helped had he not given the crowd stick during the game n all like. Another in a long line of players who should've gone on to better things for us.

I wonder what his over-riding feeling is about when he played for us. Those two seasons were chalk and cheese for him.

Year of his birth

It's more to do with the fact that "8" is his favourite number, according to his dad :D 8 was already taken so he asked for 88.

Strange lad. He also says that he wants to be part of the England setup within 3 years.

Year of his birth

It's more to do with the fact that "8" is his favourite number, according to his dad :D 8 was already taken so he asked for 88.

Strange lad. He also says that he wants to be part of the England setup within 3 years.

I hate stuff like this where people are talking about someone, which I have no clue who it is unless I scrtoll back 2 or 3 pages, I can't be arsed, but there again I just spent more effort typing this bloody thing.

In fairness, it was ridiculous the way the fans ever got on his back in the first place.  So can't say I really blamed Parker at the time.

Mackem friend is getting desperate. After ridiculing Bramble for years, he now thinks "oh well if he plays like he did at Wigan I don't mind, he probably won't play..."

And of Heskey (he doesn't believe the rumours but happily believed the ones that said Valdez was going to move there (:laugh:)) he has laughed about him as much as anyone else but now, "he isn't that bad really, Jones isn't much better..."

Straws ==> Clutch

Bruce hates Kenwyne Jones for some odd reason. Hence the Heskey move.

My brother reckons Kenwyne might go back to Stoke. Anybody know anything?

I thought they bought him from Southampton ? Was he at Stoke before that or on loan to them ?

Would be a good fit there I think, fits Pulis's mould.

In fairness, it was ridiculous the way the fans ever got on his back in the first place.  So can't say I really blamed Parker at the time.

The way he used to go for tackles was insane, really loved it when he was playing in our midfield, i think he was never the same after breaking Bullards leg tbh, but i still think him leaving had a really bad effect on our team.

I thought they bought him from Southampton ? Was he at Stoke before that or on loan to them ?

Was on loan there iirc.

Back? Didn't he come from Southampton?

Strange seeing Raúl with/in a Schalke shirt.

http://cache4.asset-cache.net/xc/103132825.jpg?v=1&c=NewsMaker&k=2&d=77BFBA49EF87892102A727B1636DE2E6563068FE9297803FF70FA23BEFFAFB725D8B639FEB5879D5E30A760B0D811297

Guest firetotheworks

Anything other than Real Madrid would be weird, really.

Was on loan there iirc.

There have been rumours of Kenwyne Jones to Stoke pretty much since they got promoted.

Guest Stephen927

The thing is Parker didn't have that player alongside him who could create what Scotty couldn't. For the most part Emre was the deep lying midfielder and Parker was more box to box, should have been Parker deep and Emre pulling the strings further forward. Parker and Butt in midfield, it was hard for the lad to get on with what he's good at.

Anything other than Real Madrid would be weird, really.

Honestly I would have retired. He's 33 afterall. Pretty sure he'll be able to put together a manager career if he wants to keep attached to the game.