Other clubs' transfers

Dave

Wigan look like a shoe-in for relegation already. That's quite an achievement after two games.

I've got a feeling Martinez will get it right there and they'll stay up comfortably.

He's got the right philosophy I think, just with shit players.

Right philosophy or not, Wigan were a pretty dirty side last year. Can't forget when they came to Goodison and did nothing but kick lumps out of us (7 yellow cards I believe), and scored with their only shot on target. So pleased we won it in the last minute with a penalty.

Wigan look like a shoe-in for relegation already. That's quite an achievement after two games.

I've got a feeling Martinez will get it right there and they'll stay up comfortably.

He's got the right philosophy I think, just with s*** players.

All his outfield players are foreign mercenaries.  Bound to go down.

Right philosophy or not, Wigan were a pretty dirty side last year.

This, exactly how "Martinez has them playing the right way" equates to "they pass it along the floor but also kick lumps out of teams" is anyone's guess.

Ruano from Sevilla to Valencia, done deal. Replacement for Squillaci.

So Sevilla are selling another defender to replace one they have already sold?

From Valencia to Sevilla. My bad.

Downgrade for them anyhow, Sevilla looking weaker than last year.

Right philosophy or not, Wigan were a pretty dirty side last year. Can't forget when they came to Goodison and did nothing but kick lumps out of us (7 yellow cards I believe), and scored with their only shot on target. So pleased we won it in the last minute with a penalty.

For financial reasons, so am I :lol:

Just seen this on Sky sports website:

Southampton have completed the signing of Brazilian midfielder Guilherme do Prado from Italian side Cesena.

Saints boss Alan Pardew beat off competition from Roma and Chievo to land the 28-year-old on a five-month loan deal with the option of a permanent switch in January.

"I was looking forward to what was going to be a very exciting season playing in Serie A, and although there was interest in me from other Serie A clubs, as soon as I heard Southampton were interested I knew I had to come here," do Prado told the club's official website.

"I have always wanted to play in England and at the highest possible level."

Do Prado could make his debut against Bolton in the Carling Cup on Tuesday night if he receives international clearance in time.

Mascherano out of the Liverpool squad, Barca have apparently tabled a £12m bid. Unbelievable when you compare it to £25m for Milner!!

Seems cheap for the best defensive midfielder the universe has ever seen.

Seriously though, Man City aside, prices seem pretty reasonable this year.