Other clubs' transfers

Dave

Guest BooBoo

Spurs getting desperate and enquiring about Pienaar according to Sky.

Cant imagine Everton will sell at this stage.

What a shit transfer window for us....utter utter shit.

Why have you failed to really do much? Is Levy not prepared to let Redknapp gamble with the potential Champions League income?

What a s*** transfer window for us....utter utter s***.

Why have you failed to really do much? Is Levy not prepared to let Redknapp gamble with the potential Champions League income?

Imo, it;s big man syndrome. Because of their achievemtents last seasons, they think they are a big club and have been off trying to acquire playrs that are barely attainable and big names. Window would have gone better if they did things as usual and built on their foundation.

Spurs getting desperate and enquiring about Pienaar according to Sky.

Cant imagine Everton will sell at this stage.

but if Moyes is going they might just sell to make money before he leaves for nout.

So Arry has said he wants 4 specific players that will see us up there. He says it was 5 but obviously we have to scratch J.Cole of that list.

I'm guessing the players are...

1) Gallas

2) Fabiano or Amauri

3) Arda Turan

4) Lasanna Diarra

That's the 4 i think.

I'd seen them linked to Forlan as well. Fabiano wasn't THAT unattainable. Marseille agreed with him, but Sevilla wanted some ridiculous sum. Just too expensive for anyone's blood.

The problem is that they need the really big names to take them to the next level.  They already have  decent squad.

Definitely, there's no use adding a few more very good players to an already filled team. They needed a big time striker and and another top class player or two and it just didn't work out.

The defence is nowhere good enough. Assou-Ekotto, for example, is very bad. I do not see why no one realises this.

Btw, VI, I think Osasuna sent OM an imposter when they paid 6 million for the Azpilicueta character. He's been atrocious so far. Amazing that  he was involved in the lead up to World Cup. I like the boy and obviously he'll need to settle into a more physical league, but right now it is a waste.

The problem is that they need the really big names to take them to the next level.  They already have  decent squad.

Definitely, there's no use adding a few more very good players to an already filled team. They needed a big time striker and and another top class player or two and it just didn't work out.

quite - theye are where we were in the 'keeping our powder dry' summer.  They need 2 or 3 top players per year to gradually.  More of the same (ie) Bowyer in our case, wouldn't see them make much progress.

Guest geordienorway

Moyes down from 33-1 to 4-1 for the Villa job.

Tor-Kristian Karlsen on twitter: don't want to drop names but from what i understand villa are pressing hard for a manager who's currently in a fairly decent job (in the uk)

Moyes down from 33-1 to 4-1 for the Villa job.

Tor-Kristian Karlsen on twitter: don't want to drop names but from what i understand villa are pressing hard for a manager who's currently in a fairly decent job (in the uk)

CH!

The defence is nowhere good enough. Assou-Ekotto, for example, is very bad. I do not see why no one realises this.

I think he's a pretty good player tbh, definitely not 'very bad'.

He looked poor on Sat - that aside he has been very good of late