Other clubs' transfers

Dave

When is "of late"? He was poor most of last year. Disasterous at the World Cup and once again diasterous against Young Boys and Wigan. He may have played alright in Spurs' three other matches this season, but that's a pretty good rate of being awful.

I was referring to last year - when I saw him.

Astonished that Spurs have been so quiet in the market this summer. Of all transfer windows we've had this is the one where I thought Spurs would have a real go for it and bring in some real quality but it's passed them by. This season they could offer players the London lifestyle AND Champions League but they're arguably no better than this time last year.

Poor show tbh.  :sadnod:

Yep, its like the 'Lee Bowyer summer' we had.

They've picked the wrong time to tighten the purse-strings. Should always buy when you're on the up.

They've definitely missed a trick and it'll set them back imo. 

Astonished that Spurs have been so quiet in the market this summer. Of all transfer windows we've had this is the one where I thought Spurs would have a real go for it and bring in some real quality but it's passed them by. This season they could offer players the London lifestyle AND Champions League but they're arguably no better than this time last year.

Poor show tbh.  :sadnod:

Yeah, usually they start off with buying someone young, foreign and exciting, and then sell their best players at the end of the transfer window.

Guest kingdawson

When is "of late"? He was poor most of last year. Disasterous at the World Cup and once again diasterous against Young Boys and Wigan. He may have played alright in Spurs' three other matches this season, but that's a pretty good rate of being awful.

You're always spot on in regards to us and i don't like disagreeing with you but on this occasion i have to disagree. Ekotto was superb last season and i rate him highly.

Guest kingdawson

What a s*** transfer window for us....utter utter s***.

Why have you failed to really do much? Is Levy not prepared to let Redknapp gamble with the potential Champions League income?

God knows why this has happened. It's very frustrating.

Guest Heneage

Almost dropped a massive bollock against Wigan mind you.

I take it from your posts KD you aren't expecting any deadline day madness, such as a Van Der Vaart & Hulk megabid?

Guest kingdawson

I take it from your posts KD you aren't expecting any deadline day madness, such as a Van Der Vaart & Hulk megabid?

I'm expecting us to bid for 7786 players tomorrow and probably end up with Scott Parker in exchange for Robbie Keane (which i like). Meh this is a total joke.

Apparently we bid on Cardozo......yeh i believe it when i see it.

Guest Heneage

I'm expecting us to bid for 7786 players tomorrow and probably end up with Scott Parker in exchange for Robbie Keane (which i like). Meh this is a total joke.

:no: :no:

He's so immobile, good finisher, and penalty taker but trust me he'd not suit your style at all.

Guest kingdawson

He's so immobile, good finisher, and penalty taker but trust me he'd not suit your style at all.

We've fluffed this window up in spectacular fashion tbf.

Guest sicko2ndbest

We've fluffed this window up in spectacular fashion tbf.

I think Harry knows this, which is why he was so touchy in that Sky interview

Guest localhero87

Maybe Spurs will attempt to move in January considering they will have been contending the champions league on televisions everywhere in the world, thus raising their profile immensely?

They have messed up this transfer window and not really strengthened, but there is a good opportunity still for them to do this later in the season.

Guest localhero87

according to the mirror spurs are going to bid for ade

Akinbiyi?

No better than Crouch tbh.

Akinfenwa. Tubby Gillingham forward. BETTER than Crouchy.

You're always spot on in regards to us and i don't like disagreeing with you but on this occasion i have to disagree. Ekotto was superb last season and i rate him highly.

Ekotto wasn't a better fullback than Lee Young-Pyo when he pushed him out of the team. Probably still isn't when the latter is now 34 and playing in the Saudi league.

No, I'm not bitter :)

according to the mirror spurs are going to bid for ade

We bid about 3 weeks ago and got as much encouragement as we did for Bellamy.   Just the type of player we need but it's not going to happen.  Levy flew to Italy early yesterday, don't know why, but all too late in my opinion, should have been doing this long before now.

Spurs have too many players, this summer they should have offloaded about 6-7, then brought in 1-2 £20m players to make a real attempt in the cl and retaining 4th position. Seem have picked up loads of injuries and not just the usual suspects like king & woody.

Maybe money Is being kept for the new stadium or the maybe they worry about fabios position with England and see redknapp jumping ship; would make sense to keep funds back for a new manager if they felt like that