Other clubs' transfers

Dave

Kyle Walker going on loan to Villa for the rest of the season.

Aye they need some experience :undecided:

We pulled him out of QPR so that he can get PL experience.   Villa are happy to provide it.

Woodgate wants to go on loan to Leeds, Spurs want him to go to  QPR.

Walker was brilliant t'other day v Cov.

Guest Heneage

Walker looks a good prospect, is Naughton as good or worse?

Worse.  Likely to join Leicester on a permanent basis sometime.

Why did you buy him?

Why did you buy him?

Walker was the one we wanted, Sheff Utd wanted to get Naughton added into the deal, don't know the full details why.  Buying Naughton as well as loaning Walker back to Sheff Utd was the easiest way to achieve the main aim, signing Walker.  As Naughton only effectively cost £1m there was no real likelihood that we would lose money.  Seems like Naughton will be going to Leicester for £1.5m.

Why did you buy him?

Walker was the one we wanted, Sheff Utd wanted to get Naughton added into the deal, don't know the full details why.   Buying Naughton as well as loaning Walker back to Sheff Utd was the easiest way to achieve the main aim, signing Walker.   As Naughton only effectively cost £1m there was no real likelihood that we would lose money.  Seems like Naughton will be going to Leicester for £1.5m.

Are you hearing yourself? What on earth are you on about?

Why did you buy him?

Walker was the one we wanted, Sheff Utd wanted to get Naughton added into the deal, don't know the full details why.   Buying Naughton as well as loaning Walker back to Sheff Utd was the easiest way to achieve the main aim, signing Walker.   As Naughton only effectively cost £1m there was no real likelihood that we would lose money.  Seems like Naughton will be going to Leicester for £1.5m.

Are you hearing yourself? What on earth are you on about?

Spurs wanted to sign Walker from Sheff Utd.  Sheff Utd would only do a double deal including Naughton as well.  Spurs bought both, will be offloading Naughton leaving them with Walker, the original target.  Not that difficult really.

I've never heard him speak but I think he's from Yorkshire, I would love it if he was as broad as Dean Windass. Imagine that in the Turkey dressing room.

Leytonstone, nowhere near Yorkshire.

Guest kingdawson

Why did you buy him?

I don't think that's true tbh for the simple fact that Naughton was Sheffield Uniteds young player of the year (tbh i think it was player of the year) and Walker only got into the side because of injury. Walker played like 1 or 2 games for Sheffield United iirc so i can't see how he was wanted above Naughton who was a regular at the time.

Published 23:59 01/01/11 By Dave Kidd

Liverpool scapegoat Paul Konchesky will be stuck at Anfield for the rest of the season – thanks to FIFA red tape.

West Ham have asked about taking the left-back on loan after being knocked back in a similar bid for Manchester City’s Wayne Bridge.

But Konchesky, 29, is not allowed to play for any other club this season after making a solitary appearance for Fulham before his August switch to Anfield.

And world football’s governing body will not allow any player to register with three different clubs in the same season.

Konchesky’s substitution was cheered by Liverpool fans during the 1-0 defeat by Wolves and his standing was not helped by derogatory comments about Liverpool made by his mum on Facebook.

Boss Roy Hodgson, who managed Konchesky at Fulham, has always stood by the full-back but his own position is looking increasingly precarious.

The player is determined to fight on and win over the Kop, especially knowing there is no prospect of a quick exit.

The Hammers are still keen to take Bridge on loan but City’s insistence that they must cough up more than £100,000 a week in wages and bonuses have thrown a spanner in the works.

Meanwhile, Millwall could pocket as much as £1million from Liverpool for teenage goalkeeper Yusuf Mersin.

The 16-year-old, who has represented Turkey at under-17 level, is moving to Anfield for an initial £450,000. But add-ons could eventually land the Lions a seven-figure sum.

Wayne Bridge is on more than 100k a week?? :lol: :lol:

Why did you buy him?

I don't think that's true tbh for the simple fact that Naughton was Sheffield Uniteds young player of the year (tbh i think it was player of the year) and Walker only got into the side because of injury. Walker played like 1 or 2 games for Sheffield United iirc so i can't see how he was wanted above Naughton who was a regular at the time.

Yeah, I thought Naughton was considered better at the time. It became clear fairly quickly that Walker was the pick of the two. Not seen much of him at QPR, but saw quite a few games beforehand and Walker seems like the real deal. Of that intake of kids, he and Caulker seem the most likely, maybe Mpoku at Orient as well.

Anyway, that's enough of Spurs...

Why did you buy him?

because Everton had a bid accepted for him is the simple answer.