Other clubs' transfers

Dave

Alves has refused yet another contract. We offered him to be paid roughly at the Xavi/Iniesta level (€6m), but - according to "sources" he demands €9m which would make him the second highest earner under Leo Messi.

he should get very popular very soon then :lol:

seriously what an absolute total and utter cunt, with any luck the moment he leaves barca he'll snap his legs in half and never play the game again

Guest toonlass

Rangers agreed a fee of £400k with Bursaspor for Kenny Miller. £400k. Ceremony to be held today for him at their stadium, hope it's as great as when Vassell landed in Turkey.

Isn't Kenny Miller their best player by far?

I'm gutted he's gone tbh. We were supposedly going for Goodwillie as a replacement, but obviously the rape charge has put the brakes on that. Talks are now of going for David Healy, lifelong Rangers fan, probably do ok in the SPL when you consider how Stokes is doing. God help us if we dont get a replacement.

Stupid transfer for Sunderland, very good player but they won't ever get 90 minutes out of him but then again from a Stoke perspective i'd rather have Fuller than Carew (if his reported £52k wages are to be believed)

Guest toonlass

Stupid transfer for Sunderland, very good player but they won't ever get 90 minutes out of him but then again from a Stoke perspective i'd rather have Fuller than Carew (if his reported £52k wages are to be believed)

Thought you preferred the Vale?

Thought you preferred the Vale?

I do, i'm talking from a Stoke perspective.

That Kenny Miller price is scandolous btw.

Think he's a brilliant little player, even at his age. Any reason why he's off Blef? Do Rangers not want him or will Miller not sign a new contract?

Guest toonlass

Think he's a brilliant little player, even at his age. Any reason why he's off Blef? Do Rangers not want him or will Miller not sign a new contract?

He's out of contract in the summer, Rangers are fucked financially, we need every penny we can get at the moment. We've known for a while he will go. We just need to find a cheap replacement, but he's already scored 21 league goals this season. He won't be easy to replace I think.

Rangers agreed a fee of £400k with Bursaspor for Kenny Miller. £400k. Ceremony to be held today for him at their stadium, hope it's as great as when Vassell landed in Turkey.

Isn't Kenny Miller their best player by far?

Prolific for Rangers and never stops running for them.

Miller's contract runs out in the summer - however, Rangers are heavily in debt, can't offer a decent deal to him and probably want to cash in before he goes for free.

Levy and Redknapp went to Madrid yesterday to watch Athletico v Real.

As they had the final Olympic Stadium presentation to do at midday, it presumably wasn't a run of the mill scouting mission ..................... not that Levy is a scout!

As they had the final Olympic Stadium presentation to do at midday, it presumably wasn't a run of the mill scouting mission ..................... not that Levy is a scout!

maybe they just fancied a trip to spain and some drinks plus a football match

He's very good by SPL standards, I agree.

What was the last SPL striker to cut it at a high level though? Henrik Larsson? (and certainly wasn't for his goalscoring)

Viduka? Chris Sutton?

What was the last SPL striker to cut it at a high level though? Henrik Larsson? (and certainly wasn't for his goalscoring)

Viduka? Chris Sutton?

Viduka's SPL career was rather short though, and Sutton's glory days at Blackburn came before his SPL stint.

maybe they just fancied a trip to spain and some drinks plus a football match

Come on, man. Bosses of football clubs don't just go to football matches for entertainment. :doh:

Viduka? Chris Sutton?

Viduka's SPL career was rather short though, and Sutton's glory days at Blackburn came before his SPL stint.

True but if you're a half decent player you're only going to go there as a stepping stone/winding down. Invariably of recent anyone who has spent a number of seasons there is because they aren't good enough to play elsewhere.