Other clubs' transfers

Dave

Argentina would've been a better side had he been in the 2010 WC team.

Fell out with Maradona though.

Yea, well Maradona really messed up Argentinas WC chances with the squad that he picked. I mean, Jonas in at right back instead of Zanetti is just insane. Leaving out Cambiasso was a bit of a mistake as well imo. I'll leave it at that though before I start rambling way off topic

Argentina would've been a better side had he been in the 2010 WC team.

Fell out with Maradona though.

Yea, well Maradona really messed up Argentinas WC chances with the squad that he picked. I mean, Jonas in at right back instead of Zanetti is just insane. Leaving out Cambiasso was a bit of a mistake as well imo. I'll leave it at that though before I start rambling way off topic

Rambling's fun though. Riquelme would have been a proper playmaker instead of Verón, and Messi could've played more as a forward.

Also... Demichelis... how that guy has carved an international reputation is beyond me.

Is he really poor these days(Riquelme)? I thought he would play well into his 30's as his dosent rely too much on physical attributes.

My favourite player.  :smitten:

I still see the odd bit of brilliance in the Argentine highlights, but the problem is that his physical attributes and graft were already poor back then, and now he's well past his 30s and playing in a physical league like the PL? Bad idea.

Exactly, a midfield 3 of Mascherano, Cambiasso and Riquelme, with the former 2 being more disciplined and Riquelme basically just roaming wherever he wants creating chances for a front 3 of Tevez, Messi and Higuain had the potential be increadibly lethal. Their main problem would've just been the CBs for me, I can't really think of any world class Argentina CBs, Gaby Milito would probably have been a better choice then Demichelis though, Burdisso and Otamendi are both fairly hit and miss as well. Full backs of Heinze and Zanetti would've been good enough though.

Spud; As far as I'm aware he's still doing a good job for Boca, been hit by injury a bit though. There's no way he could handle the pace of the Premiership if he came over.

Is he really poor these days(Riquelme)? I thought he would play well into his 30's as his dosent rely too much on physical attributes.

My favourite player.  :smitten:

I still see the odd bit of brilliance in the Argentine highlights, but the problem is that his physical attributes and graft were already poor back then, and now he's well past his 30s and playing in a physical league like the PL? Bad idea.

If it's for Blackburn it sounds like a bloody brilliant idea tbh.

Carew talking to Stoke about a loan.

Farewell, big John. You were quite a handful for three years. Then you stopped bothering.

Won't find much worth fucking up there, mind.

Definitely a good deal though, miles better than Baros ever was (for you)

Because if we had tried to we would have held talks with him, as he had a low release clause. It wouldn't be one of those where we ring up and ask about availability and price as we know both.

Wolves have signed Hammill on a 3 and a half year contract.

Ridiculous that we didn't try to sign him.

How do you know we didn't?

I was using the assumption that if we were interested we would've had a bid accepted since he had a release clause of £500k and that would've been heard by someone, but there wasn't as much as a rumour suggesting we were interested in him from what I heard.

Clearly, Wheater is going to (d)evolve into  :dowie: in about 3 years :(

Still, ugliness is a good quality in a centre-back I think, how many devilishly handsome CBs are there about?  :lol:

Nesta is a sexy bastard and he was the world's best for years.  Best CB of all time, tbh.