Other clubs' transfers

Dave

Levy and Redknapp went to Madrid yesterday to watch Athletico v Real.

As they had the final Olympic Stadium presentation to do at midday, it presumably wasn't a run of the mill scouting mission ..................... not that Levy is a scout!

maybe they just fancied a trip to spain and some drinks plus a football match

Come on, man. Bosses of football clubs don't just go to football matches for entertainment. :doh:

but levys hardly there to scout and arrys hardly involved in any negotiation (unless levys lost his marbles) so putting forward a plausible alternate theory............ or just making shit up you decide 

Levy and Redknapp went to Madrid yesterday to watch Athletico v Real.

As they had the final Olympic Stadium presentation to do at midday, it presumably wasn't a run of the mill scouting mission ..................... not that Levy is a scout!

maybe they just fancied a trip to spain and some drinks plus a football match

Come on, man. Bosses of football clubs don't just go to football matches for entertainment. :doh:

They were linked with Reyes recently, which I doubt since he already flopped once in the EPL and I doubt he'd want to go to England again.

He's very good by SPL standards, I agree.

What was the last SPL striker to cut it at a high level though? Henrik Larsson? (and certainly wasn't for his goalscoring)

Viduka? Chris Sutton?

Viduka's SPL career was rather short though, and Sutton's glory days at Blackburn came before his SPL stint.

True but if you're a half decent player you're only going to go there as a stepping stone/winding down. Invariably of recent anyone who has spent a number of seasons there is because they aren't good enough to play elsewhere.

That's what I mean, Miller is 31 and he has never shown before that he can play at a higher level. He already tried it at Wolves and failed.

Marca claims that Madrid have had a €2m bid accepted by Hamburg for RvN

ITK's are saying that Redknapp wants Benzema on loan with an option to buy.  I would have thought Higuain's injury would put paid to that, letting Benzema go by signing RvN seems totally off the wall.

He's very good by SPL standards, I agree.

What was the last SPL striker to cut it at a high level though? Henrik Larsson? (and certainly wasn't for his goalscoring)

Viduka? Chris Sutton?

Viduka's SPL career was rather short though, and Sutton's glory days at Blackburn came before his SPL stint.

True but if you're a half decent player you're only going to go there as a stepping stone/winding down. Invariably of recent anyone who has spent a number of seasons there is because they aren't good enough to play elsewhere.

That's what I mean, Miller is 31 and he has never shown before that he can play at a higher level. He already tried it at Wolves and failed.

And Derby.

He's always been very popular between RM fans, I suspect it's a bit of a PR signing. I really don't think he suits or has the legs for the dynamic counterattacking football Mou has RM playing. As a plan B maybe, but it looks substantially worse than Plan A (give it to Cronaldo).

I really really doubt Madrid would let Benzema go this window. It'd be idiotic even if they sign RvN, they need depth infront.

So do I, the very idea is ridiculous.  The fact remains though that Levy and Redknapp went to Madrid the day before the important Olympic Stadium presentation, they must have gone for a reason other than a boys night out.  Could Lass be available this window??

I really really doubt Madrid would let Benzema go this window. It'd be idiotic even if they sign RvN, they need depth infront.

So do I, the very idea is ridiculous.  The fact remains though that Levy and Redknapp went to Madrid the day before the important Olympic Stadium presentation, they must have gone for a reason other than a boys night out.  Could Lass be available this window??

You know they were playing another team, do you? You've been linked with Reyes and Forlán.

Reyes would never be accepted by Spurs fans, he said too much in his time at Arsenal.

I don't think Levy would sanction a move for a player with no resale value.  If he was on a free or minimal fee he could be an option but Levy wouldn't pay £8/10m for a player who's nearly 32 (imo).

Stoke have bid £4m for Cameron Jerome.

Stoke intent on collecting so-so strikers. Tbf, they'll at least have some choice: Jones, Carew, Tuncay and Jerome is a decent if not spectacular strikeforce.