Other clubs' transfers

Dave

Marca reporting Real Madrid has bid €60m for Cesc.

I like to believe that Cesc would only leave us for you, I'd be very disappointed if it was for anybody else.

It's just Marca stirring the pot, most probably.

That said, don't think we'll (seriously) go for him this summer. If Carroll and Torres go for those amounts no way Arsenal would sell Cesc for any price we can afford.

I'll blame Mike Ashley.

everyone else does

Marca claiming Arsenal have set a €65m asking price for Cesc, without installments or players.

Canales likely to go on loan to Getafe as part of the deal to re-buy Dani Parejo.

I read today €80m? What's the point though? Money won't go back into the team, we don't need the mony with Highbury as good as sold and pretty much funding the stadium. I wouldn't want to upset him and also don't belie he wants to go to Real but I'd rather let him go fr free 2014 no real gain letting him go.

Guest Stephen927

Chelsea interested in Arda Turan, according to the Daily Star. Bit of a blast from the past, how has his career gone since Euro 2008?

Remember us being linked :(

Ah yea, remember before the Euro 2008 we were being linked with Arda Turan, Arshavin and the likes and Tottenham snatching Modric right in front of our eyes. We even beat Bolton 1-3(?) the opening day with Martins scoring from that overhead kick, really thought it would be our year  :lol:

edit: nvm... the bolton win was in sep 2007, got it mixed up

He's an athletic midfielder with good technique. Game based around power and pace, which makes me think he'll fit in England, and allows me to take some solace in the fact his dominance in our youth teams is probably because he is more developed than most other kids. [/wishful thinking]

Mérida hasn't had a good season. But nobody at Atlético has. Still very young so it would be harsh to write him off yet.