Other clubs' transfers

Dave

If Barry goes to Arsenal then I cannot see Wenger looking at Zoggy, Barry can play CM,LW,LB and Spuds won't want the Zog, oh dear ickle Frenchman shot himself in the foot coz Raffa won't take him if he misses out on Barry.

Barry would be a great replacement for Flamini, playing the holding role at Arsenal like he does for England.

Would be funny if he ended up there rather than Liverpool, who have been really stupid about the whole thing.

I could see villa accepting less from arsenal just out of spite, and good on them if they did.

Me too.

In fact, I'd prefer us to do that than keep him now, the fat-arsed c***.

Just pray that Hoyte isn't involved in the deal.

Clueless defender and a pretty awful right back.

Guest Scouseman

I couldn't give a flying one as to whether we get Barry or not,  and certainly not for the money O'Neil wants,  Arsenal are welcome to him, but just so I know what is or isn't acceptable, could one of you tell me what the difference is between Rafa offering 10 million for Barry whether with or without players involved, and O'Neil offering only 10 million for Bentley?

FWIW, I'd have walked away from the Barry deal weeks ago, the player isn't worth the hassle MON has created around the transfer.  The mans a twat and will be long remembered at Liverpool for feeding the press 'MON for Liverpool' lines while he was still at Celtic and Houllier was still manager at Liverpool.

I couldn't give a flying one as to whether we get Barry or not,  and certainly not for the money O'Neil wants,  Arsenal are welcome to him, but just so I know what is or isn't acceptable, could one of you tell me what the difference is between Rafa offering 10 million for Barry whether with or without players involved, and O'Neil offering only 10 million for Bentley?

FWIW, I'd have walked away from the Barry deal weeks ago, the player isn't worth the hassle MON has created around the transfer.  The mans a twat and will be long remembered at Liverpool for feeding the press 'MON for Liverpool' lines while he was still at Celtic and Houllier was still manager at Liverpool.

Not like a Scouser to be bitter is it?

FWIW, I'd have walked away from the Barry deal weeks ago, the player isn't worth the hassle MON has created around the transfer.  The mans a t*** and will be long remembered at Liverpool for feeding the press 'MON for Liverpool' lines while he was still at Celtic and Houllier was still manager at Liverpool.

Blackburn boss Paul Ince has revealed that Aston Villa have lodged an offer for midfielder David Bentley.

"We have had an offer from Aston Villa but I do not want him to go," he said.

Guest Scouseman

FWIW, I'd have walked away from the Barry deal weeks ago, the player isn't worth the hassle MON has created around the transfer.  The mans a t*** and will be long remembered at Liverpool for feeding the press 'MON for Liverpool' lines while he was still at Celtic and Houllier was still manager at Liverpool.

Not like a Scouser to be bitter is it?

Bitter?  About what?  I can't stand the man, nothing bitter about that mate.

Guest Scouseman

Blackburn boss Paul Ince has revealed that Aston Villa have lodged an offer for midfielder David Bentley.

"We have had an offer from Aston Villa but I do not want him to go," he said.

It's the low offer I was referring to, not who announced it, most transfers are leaked by agents anyway.

:kasper:

Come on ... Liverpool have been the ones guilty of making the whole thing such a saga.

It was Gerrard and Rafa that brought it out into the open in the first place so you can't really start having a go at O'Neill.

They stated how much they wanted and Liverpool either don't have the money or aren't willing to pay it so tried to force Villa's hand by unsettling the player by making the bid public.

Dirty tactics. Plain and simple.

Guest Scouseman

Come on ... Liverpool have been the ones guilty of making the whole thing such a saga.

It was Gerrard and Rafa that brought it out into the open in the first place so you can't really start having a go at O'Neill.

They stated how much they wanted and Liverpool either don't have the money or aren't willing to pay it so tried to force Villa's hand by unsettling the player by making the bid public.

No, it was the Liverpool Echo who brought it in to the open, apparently fed from Birminham so the rest of your statement has no foundation.

No, it was the Liverpool Echo who brought it in to the open, apparently fed from Birminham so the rest of your statement has no foundation.

Yeah but at that point it was simply speculation like all the other stuff out there ... until Gerrard started yapping about it and Rafa also. This made the "rumour" fact and the papers ran with it, creating the media circus etc.

Sorry, but it really was down to your club.

Guest Scouseman

Yeah but at that point it was simply speculation like all the other stuff out there ... until Gerrard started yapping about it and Rafa also. This made the "rumour" fact and the papers ran with it, creating the media circus etc.

Sorry, but it really was down to your club.

No, you're the one who has it wrong, O'Neil came out the next day (after the Echo exclusive) making accusations about Liverpool with nothing to back it up at all.  The Echo came out and said it was no-one at LFC who gave them the info, now you can believe that or not believe it,  but at least it is a bit of background.  O'Neill offered no evidence whatsoever for his accusations.

Gerrards backing of the move came a few weeks later for which he was castigated on national TV  by MON calling Gerrard diabolical, disrespectful to MON and Villa.  Maybe  I would have given the man some respect if he'd have done the same to his own player, Craig Gardner, for encouraging Bentley to go to Villa.

Kapo to Wigan according to SSN!

but Baggio said he's Keegan's number one target.. WHAT NOW?

He's obviously just been overruled by Wise.

Cue "Newcastle in turmoil" headlines in the papers! :lol:

Hope he does end up going to the Arsenal after the way Benitez has gone on. Preferably for less money too. :)

What I hope most of all, is that he stays at Villa, the way O'Neill has gone on.

Mancini to Inter.

Confirmed today.

boils my piss that one..

fair enough sell the guy.. he was at his best 3 seasons ago, but why Inter?

same as the Chivu transfer last year.. selling their best players to the title rivals.. it's like giving them an extra 10 points or something.. what the fuck is that