Steven Taylor

Tooj

Did anyone else think that there was nothing wrong with Colo's ball.

Taylor had plenty of time to play the ball, he dithered and put himself in trouble then tried to fanny himself out of it.

I used to like Taylor, but he has started to go backwards, he needs a rest

it wasnt the best ball but it shouldnt have caused any problems. had taylor gone to meet the ball instead of opening his body up and following it there'd be no trouble.

Taylor had plenty of time to play the ball, he dithered and put himself in trouble then tried to fanny himself out of it.

I didn't see anything wrong with the ball, Taylor was happy to stand still and wait for it to come to him rather than jog in the direction it was coming to collect it, then he just made a mess of a 50/50 and we were 2-0 down.

Surely he must of seen O'Hara coming towards him.

I thought they were equally to blame - the ball was hurried and he should have seen O'hara just as much as Taylor.

The amount of times he played other players into trouble today was ridiculous. Not only would he play the simple ball time after time but he would hammer the ball at them so they would have to take two touches just to control it. He needs to take a lead off edgar, who got the ball today and looked up for an option other than the man to the left or the right of him. Even if he lost the ball looking for a difficult ball once in a while, it would show it had some balls. Even brambles long balls paid off once in a while!

And before people say, this isnt a kneejerk. Its true that hes been one of the better defenders at the club in recent years but look who hes been comapred to - bramble, ramage, boumsong, roz.

I don't think it was a bad ball, maybe a poor decision to play the ball to Taylor? Taylor just thought he could have opened his body, but O'Hara read it easily and disposessed him. Thats now two mistakes in two games for Taylor. I think its down to his overall game mentality as well, he stands away from the play, often leaving things to the last minute before deciding what to do. Both errors have been him reacting slowly to other situations/players.

Guest iliketoonarmy

Nothing wrong with Colo's pass to be honest.You see that kind of pass in most games.

Can't see why people used to rate Taylor that high.

Face it,I would rather have Bassong ahead of him.