Craig Bellamy, philanthrope.

brummie

If anyone trires to knock him for this with humour or anything else they need to look in the mirror & ask themselves a few questions.

I agree with the sentiment, but that phrase always makes me laugh - "look yourself in the mirror and ask yourself a few questions".

*looks self in mirror*

"Did i look better when I had hair?"

"When did i start puting all this weight on?"

"Is my third chin immediately obvious?"

"What is that weird hair growing out of my right nostril?"

Well, I think we all have a better idea of how brummie looks when he's sitting posting on here now.  ;)

http://images.jupiterimages.com/common/detail/58/03/22990358.jpg

Fantastic gesture but I wish footballers would think about the kids in their own country first. At times when there is a lot of talk about lack of facilities, pitches, leagues etc. in certain places, surely their money would be better spent at home..

aye the African kids are better off than British kids tbf

That's about it really - the article listed Sierra Leone as THE WORST COUNTRY IN THE WORLD in child mortality, life expectancy, education and health. The worst. In the world.

As many have said, it is a very worthy project and one not emulated enough, though just next door in Liberia George Weah did something similar if memory serves... Kudos to Bellamy :thup:

If anyone trires to knock him for this with humour or anything else they need to look in the mirror & ask themselves a few questions.

I'll knock him for calling it the Craig Bellamy Foundation League.  What a big-headed twat he is.

Guest nufc_geordie

Fantastic gesture but I wish footballers would think about the kids in their own country first. At times when there is a lot of talk about lack of facilities, pitches, leagues etc. in certain places, surely their money would be better spent at home..

My problem is just that the money is going out of the country. Why should we develop Africaqn football in deprived areas? We have deprived areas in our own country where the money would be better spent.

My problem is just that the money is going out of the country. Why should we develop Africaqn football in deprived areas? We have deprived areas in our own country where the money would be better spent.

What a load of bollocks. Try reading what the project actually is as well. Also, check out Raconteur's post, you reckon there's anywhere in our country where the money could be better spent? I'd love to know.

But then Bellamy wouldn't have a national league named after him.

Guest optimistic nit

Fair play. He was always good for charity, used to pay for a terminally ill lad to come to every game then wave to him when he scored or was going off iirc.

Think David James is also doing some work in Africa.

aye, he is. he also has given money to wrexham to help them financially, he did so a while back anyway.

Fuckin hell, some people on here just can't help having a pop at anything and everything just to be negative. Must be cool to be a negative twat!

Well done Bellamy, you have just gone right up in my estimation  :clap:

Nice to see someone in football using there own dosh to fund a charitable cause. Rather than splashing fans testimonial cash round like Quinn & Shearer did. SBR who I have donated to could stump up the £500K now if he wanted. If anyone wants to give me money in the name of charity I will donate to a worthy cause & take the credit.

To NE5: The Welshman like all the other crocs & has beens/never wases at West Ham United has had his time on Tyneside.

Guest nufc_geordie

What a load of bollocks. Try reading what the project actually is as well. Also, check out Raconteur's post, you reckon there's anywhere in our country where the money could be better spent? I'd love to know.

I'm not comparing the problems of our country and theirs, obviously they are in a far worse situation. I just feel (and before you rant on again it's an opinion, not law i'm entitled to one) the money should be spent in our country. Look after yourself first, when all of our problems are solved then distribute money.

I'm not comparing the problems of our country and theirs, obviously they are in a far worse situation. I just feel (and before you rant on again it's an opinion, not law i'm entitled to one) the money should be spent in our country. Look after yourself first, when all of our problems are solved then distribute money.

It's his money. Why should he have to spend it in "our country"?

Is it OK for people to buy German cars or go on holiday to Thailand?

Guest optimistic nit

retrospectivly our problems have been solved. britain will never be perfect, so if we wait until it is to solve other countries problems, their problems will never get solved.

Guest andyc90

Yeah good on him... but why did why he either, go the papers and tell them or why did the papers publish the story?

Lots of people donate money to charity, do they get a story in the paper?  :rolleyes:

Well he could have gone to the paper to raise awarness as from the sounds of it he isn't paying ALL the money towards the project or I am sure its not the hardest story in the world for a Journo to get hold of.

Lots of people donate money to charity, do they get a story in the paper?  :rolleyes:

I guess last weeks buzz phrase of "Lots of people mams die & there deaths are not on Sky Sports News" has been superseded by the above.