Alan Smith costs us Europe

Dokko

Unfair to compare Smith to Luque. Yes, he's been s****, but at least he's tried.

Luque just took the piss.

But that's just it isn't it. Without even trying Luque contributed more. Smith is an abomination.

Quite possibly the best post I've ever read on this forum. :lol:

Hall of fame tbh.

only plus point i can see is that every team we will be realisticly challanging next season is in europe now so more games for them!!

only plus point i can see is that every team we will be realisticly challanging next season is in europe now so more games for them!!

That's exactly the same thing I thought for this season =/

And on the down side every one of them now has European football to offer potential signings whilst we don't.

And on the down side every one of them now has European football to offer potential signings whilst we don't.

we will just have to target workshy players who want less games.

Guest Mucky01

Villa

Ta,

if villa end up ahead of everton, have everton entered for the Intertoto?

I don't know. We can't get it though as we haven't finished in the top half.

I wasn’t thinking for one minute we would be going to Europe, I was more thinking who would be able to offer UEFA to their new signings if we are in competition to sign a player.

Villa

Ta,

if villa end up ahead of everton, have everton entered for the Intertoto?

I don't know. We can't get it though as we haven't finished in the top half.

I wasnt thinking for one minute we would be going to Europe, I was more thinking who would be able to offer UEFA to their new signings if we are in competition to sign a player.

Everyone bar Blackburn and West Ham.

Another few yellow's for City and Fulham could be relegated and qualify for Europe on the same day.

For the last time, it isn't just about red and yellow cards.

But Fulham are that close that yellows do matter, plus City's positive play rating rating will be low today.

Guest Heneage

Lads calm down but, I just checked the tables and I actually think we've nicked the place!

And thus Alan Smith answers the eternal question of what is a worse expensive transfer flop: The player who is continually crocked, and sits on the bench getting fat eating up wages or the player who turns out to be utterly dire, so dire that no-one will possibly come in for him to get him off the wage book.

NUFC.com

Now, by our reckoning after Sunday's games the table should look like this:

Pos Team P Y R Pts

1 Liverpool 38 46 1 49

2 Everton 38 40 3 49

3 Tottenham 38 52 1 55

4 Man United 38 51 2 57

5 Newcastle 38 59 1 62

6 Man City 38 51 4 63

7 Arsenal 38 54 3 63

8 Aston Villa 38 55 4 67

Given that the four teams above us are already in Europe does Richard Dunne's red card at the Smoggies mean we now qualify for the UEFA Cup?