The Wage Bill

Rich

He couldn't already buy a ferrari on £40,000 or whatever? :)  Look I'm not saying your lying, but the fact is you were told this info by someone who could be.

Its more believable if your saying its due to a new contract (I was confident he wasn't on anywhere near that when he joined).  But I still doubt it, I didn't hear any confirmation of a new contract being signed.

I was always under the impression that we got Martins on a very reasonable wage packet as he was only on £5000 a week at Inter.

He's on around the £50,000 a week mark at a guess.

Not even close double it. Lad ITK with Martins says the boys on big bucks before he even steps on the pitch, and more so if he plays well.

Smith needs chopping I'd reduce Duka's wage give him a goal bonus. Duff is on stupid money as well probably.

You're trying to tell us Martins is on £100,000 per week?  :nope:

This ITK crap is starting to get out of hand, its turning into a Spuds forum..

Mate i'm telling you, why would I lie? I've nowt to gain from it, the guy bought a Ferrari a few months back for christ sake, I'm telling you arsenal came sniffing and they bumped his deal up. He's on a deal thats 26 + M for 5 years ? Do the breakdown its about 5M a year. The lad is on 90k.

source

Guest optimistic nit

I was always under the impression that we got Martins on a very reasonable wage packet as he was only on £5000 a week at Inter.

He's on around the £50,000 a week mark at a guess.

Not even close double it. Lad ITK with Martins says the boys on big bucks before he even steps on the pitch, and more so if he plays well.

Smith needs chopping I'd reduce Duka's wage give him a goal bonus. Duff is on stupid money as well probably.

You're trying to tell us Martins is on £100,000 per week?  :nope:

This ITK crap is starting to get out of hand, its turning into a Spuds forum..

Mate i'm telling you, why would I lie? I've nowt to gain from it, the guy bought a Ferrari a few months back for christ sake, I'm telling you arsenal came sniffing and they bumped his deal up. He's on a deal thats 26 + M for 5 years ? Do the breakdown its about 5M a year. The lad is on 90k.

:lol:

Guest Heneage

I am telling you, yes I know the Ferrari statement doesn't sound right, but he goes and buys a 6 figure car around the same time its "Reported" hes getting a wage increase. I'm telling you Obafemi Martins is on 90k a week. Also the likely destination for Zogbia is Arsenal or Lyon, that's if he goes, but he isn't wanting to leave at all, he's wanting to play.

I am telling you, yes I know the Ferrari statement doesn't sound right, but he goes and buys a 6 figure car around the same time its "Reported" hes getting a wage increase. I'm telling you Obafemi Martins is on 90k a week. Also the likely destination for Zogbia is Arsenal or Lyon, that's if he goes, but he isn't wanting to leave at all, he's wanting to play.

So then that means there is no £13m clause in his contract anymore?

I don't know anyone who works or plays for the club, nor do I know anyone who knows any of those people.

I feel left out. :(

Its ok, you can always just pretend like everyone else.

Guest Heneage

No it's gone, the only clubs Martins would entertain however are Arsenal or Serie A. He was going to get offered a pittance by arsenal a third of his current wage.

Hey Teasy mate if you want, i'll pack in posting anything, doesn't bother me, I'll keep well and truly stum.

I don't know anyone who works or plays for the club, nor do I know anyone who knows any of those people.

That sounds like a statement from somebody who has something to hide, I'm sure you know more than you say.  :lol:

What's really ironic is that personal friends of ours on this board are on first name terms with members of the board and they know as much as me and you, but in the meantime every two bit journalist in the country knows exactly what Mike "never gives a quote to anyone" Ashley is thinking.

No it's gone, the only clubs Martins would entertain however are Arsenal or Serie A. He was going to get offered a pittance by arsenal a third of his current wage.

Hey Teasy mate if you want, i'll pack in posting anything, doesn't bother me, I'll keep well and truly stum.

No don't do that, I was just having a bit of a joke with that reply to Dave's post, its just that there seems to have been a massive increase in ITK'ness lately and I think the majority of it is bollocks.  You might be right, its certainly not out of the question IMO that Martins is on something close to that amount if he has really signed a new contract with the clause removed.

Guest Heneage

I mean i'm not claiming "ITK" at all, but its just now and again I catch things or he'll get a text or phone call when were hanging out and he'll tell me the crack.

Guest toonlass

I don't know anyone ITK either. My ex was a steward and he told me the home friendlies last year well before they were announced, but that's nowt special. I reckon all these ITK people and people who know people ITK are all bullshitters.

I would say that the players will also get very little information until the deals are concluded or thereabout. The way they will get it is through agents who have their own agenda regards transfers...

The only decent ITKs will be the ones who know directors or board members and these people tend to be a bit more discreet (Sheppard & Halls apart: "prozzies and Geordie dogs" episode...).

Guest teepee

the problem with our wages imo is not the start players, but all these mediocre squad players being paid silly money. we've always paid shearer etc. very good wages.

but these days we have players like barton, geremi, roz, cacapa, carr, babayaro (i do know they are gone, but i'm making a point), smith (especially), viduka who are being paid shearer-like wages, despite their limited talent.

i am not saying we don't need these players, well some of them, but i think the wages have spun out of control for players of limited talent...